electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
New Micro Modular, Noodles and more
Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Sw-Michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: New Micro Modular, Noodles and more Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone!

Received my Micro Modular today. Very happy, have been looking for one for a couple of months. Currently browsing the patch archieve.

I'm especially interested in generative patches, evolving soundscapes, what you people call noodles. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a patch category for that. Anyone care to recommend a few favorites?

A question: When I load some patches, I get an error message: "Module already exists". Huh?

A tip: I didn't manage to the get the editor working until I set in Windows NT compatibility mode. I saw some else recommend Win98, but that didn't work for me. I'm on a PC running XP SP2.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

A while ago I put up a bit of "Nord Modular Noodle History" for my Noodle Radio project. That history has some names and patches (for NM Classic and some for G2) in it, so it might serve as a starting point maybe. Direct link : http://84.84.192.7/jan/nr/info/forums.html .

Hope it will get you going Very Happy

edit : I just noticed that the server is not properly configured for pch files (they open as text files here when I click on 'm), but when you use "save as" from the right mouse button popup menu it seems to result into properly saved patches - for Mozilla that is.

Ivity

G2 patch files: 57

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Micro Modular, Noodles and more Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sw-Michael wrote:
A question: When I load some patches, I get an error message: "Module already exists". Huh?

I have the same strange warnings Shocked
Some of the patches opens correctly, and some of them opens with this strange messages Question

kvnvk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've gotten the same message when opening certain NM1 patches, what I noticed is that some of the modules aren't actually connected even though the patch cords are present. all I do is make new connections between those unconnected modules and save. sometimes it can get quite involved especially if there are a few dozen unconnected patch cords, but this process has worked for me without a problem... running Windows XP on a Compaq Presario 2100 in case anyone needed to know. Wink
kvnvk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

in this screen shot you'll notice the connections from the LFOslvD1 to the two pitch inputs on MasterOsc1 are not "filled in" like all the others...
Ivity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kvnvk wrote:
I've gotten the same message when opening certain NM1 patches, what I noticed is that some of the modules aren't actually connected even though the patch cords are present.

The same thing on my NM Sad

kvnvk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as I said, just re-patch those connections... don't worry if you can't delete the ones already there, once you finish and save, the extra, unconnected patchcords will disappear.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kvnvk wrote:
Iwhat I noticed is that some of the modules aren't actually connected even though the patch cords are present.

Interesting, could you post such a patch ? I'd like to have a look at it.

kvnvk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as a screenshot, which I did above? or the actual patch itself?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant the pch file, had a look at the screen shot, byt wondered what might have happened to the pch file that could have caused this. So if you still have it .. the unfixed patch file.
kvnvk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually, I already fixed it... Embarassed

the patches I had problems with I had downloaded from the Nord Modular archives earlier this year... I'll check if I re-download that particular patch whether or not I have the same problem with it. if so, I'll try to post it here for you to check.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too bad, I just triied to download http://nm-archives.electro-music.com/010_NordModular/011_Patches/Fridh_Patrick/SprititaBreath.pch (that's the one, right ?) and it seems to be OK here. Thought I might maybe program a little add-on to one of my patch treatment programs for an auto-fix, but at least there is a manual fix described by you Very Happy
kvnvk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

funny thing is I downloaded that same patch again and it was perfectly fine... Confused
kvnvk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...but I did find one that I downloaded exhibiting the problem on my computer. thing is, I suspect it may actually work fine for you...

Hell noizzze3.pch
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Hell noizzze3.pch
 Filesize:  4.29 KB
 Downloaded:  187 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes ! I can now reproduce the problem.

And it's obvious what is wrong with the file, the contents are repeated two times (can be checked with a text editor, search for the word "header").

The weird thing though is that when I download the patch from the archive it is OK ...

Hmm, question now is ... is it your browser or is it the server doing the spurious stuff ... some others had this as well, which seems to point to the server. Going to do some tests on this later. Especially as some of the HTML in Wout's archive is doubled as well (for unknown reasons as well).

Thanks for posting the patch !

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like people having this kind of problem with patches from the archive to report their computer type and browser brand, maybe that gives a clue.

I've seen some Windows passing by, no browsers yet.

Edit : I've just tried over 100 patches, which is not a large portion of the 24000+, but didn't have any problems (win xp sp2 mozilla).

kvnvk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

using a four year old compaq presario 2100 laptop running windows xp w/ sp2 and internet explorer.
Ivity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using PC with Windows XP SP2 and Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.7
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see a pattern here, maybe time will sort it out.

Thank you for the time taken to give feedback on this !

Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: