electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Artists » Xeroid Entity
what is Xeroid Entity?
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
testman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: what is Xeroid Entity? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is Xeroid Entity anyway?
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Xeroid Entity is the spacemusic duo Subspace plus Greg Waltzer (egw). What is Subspace? That's Howard Moscovitz and me, Bill Fox.
--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what (or who) is testman?
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:
what (or who) is testman?

Looking in the memberlist didn't help. Testman is a member like egw and djfoxyfox (you and I) are, but testman has chosen to be quite anonymous.

Cheers,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Testman, and testman2 are accounts I created to test the forums. Sometimes I need to make posts as someone else to see if the notification system is working. It's working for moderators now, but it was really hard to debug. Hopefully, testman and testman2 will be quiet for a while.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spectral Vector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: THE Subspace?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys,

I'm Andrew, aka Spectral Vector, the latest frickin' new guy. I just posted in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Was just reading above... is the Subspace you refer to---the only one I know of actually---the one with the tunes "Diode" "Circuit" and "Generator"? I love that stuff, am a big fan. Very Happy I didn't really know that was considered space music. I need to widen my genre definitions if so. Then again, all the possible subgenres and substyles in electronic music make my head spin.

-SV
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's a different subspace.
Do you have a link?

There was a discussion here a while back, about "what is space music".
Perhaps a bit af searching could uncover it.
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: THE Subspace?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spectral Vector wrote:
Was just reading above... is the Subspace you refer to---the only one I know of actually---the one with the tunes "Diode" "Circuit" and "Generator"? I love that stuff, am a big fan.
Hi Andrew! Welcome aboard. No. Howard and I aren't that subspace. At the time of that post, we were both unaware that the name had a previous user. I only recently (and quite by accident) found out that it was already in use. We've suspended our duo efforts to concentrate on Xeroid Entity so there really isn't any conflict in the name usage anymore.

Spectral Vector wrote:
I didn't really know that was considered space music. I need to widen my genre definitions if so. Then again, all the possible subgenres and substyles in electronic music make my head spin.
I still haven't heard what that band does so I really can't speak about how to classify their music into any particular genre label.

Cheers,

egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the what is space music thread:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-327.html
Spectral Vector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Will the real Subspace please stand up Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I checked and the best possibility was this link

http://www.pce.net/subspace/subspace.html

I think that's the same Subspace but am not 100% sure until I can see some song names. But it looks like that's probably it. Evidently I found them on mp3.com which of course no longer exists.

The Subspace music I have is very floaty, all synth, very minimalist, hypnotic, great stuff. In fact I'm glad this has made me look into it because if they have other CDs I would like to get them. I think you guys might like it too.

EDIT I just read it more carefully and saw some song names; yes this actually is the same Subspace. ("Fluid" is the CD the tunes I have came from) Good stuff!

SV
Fozzie

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Slightly OT: but what kind of entity is a Xeroid one? I am no native English speaker, but is it:
A copy machine-like entity (resembles a xerox?)
An entity that emerged after an intense xeroxing session?
An entity that's detected by a dubious alternative medicine machine?
An entity on mega-steroids?
Please, satisfy my curiosity Wink
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know where it came from. I guess Greg made it up, but it could have been given to him by a transdimentional being or someone pretending to be one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

See http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-3805.html for some discussion on made up words.
jkn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Will the real Subspace please stand up Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spectral Vector wrote:
I checked and the best possibility was this link

http://www.pce.net/subspace/subspace.html

I think that's the same Subspace but am not 100% sure until I can see some song names. But it looks like that's probably it. Evidently I found them on mp3.com which of course no longer exists.

The Subspace music I have is very floaty, all synth, very minimalist, hypnotic, great stuff. In fact I'm glad this has made me look into it because if they have other CDs I would like to get them. I think you guys might like it too.

EDIT I just read it more carefully and saw some song names; yes this actually is the same Subspace. ("Fluid" is the CD the tunes I have came from) Good stuff!

SV

Ok ok - I know I'm responding to a post from half a year ago... Subspace is/was Jonathan Hughes ( http://www.dronelab.com ). I don't think he's using that name any longer - the followup to "Fluid" is "Fluidities" (which is the album I have a track on and have promoted enough on this forum already... Wink Jonathan's a very talented guy - and I highly recommend his "Trillium" album (also on The Foundry label).
williamsharkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like an error message a C Compiler would give.

"Error, Xeroid Entity, line 32"

Haha, and even though Subspace is no longer in use, couldn't we consider Howard Moscovitz and Bill Fox a subspace of Xeroid? Very Happy
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, October 2004 was the previous post. Three years+ for a reply...
williamsharkey wrote:
Sounds like an error message a C Compiler would give.
"Error, Xeroid Entity, line 32"
Haha, and even though Subspace is no longer in use, couldn't we consider Howard Moscovitz and Bill Fox a subspace of Xeroid? Very Happy
Cute!
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
Xeroid Entity is the spacemusic duo Subspace plus Greg Waltzer (egw). What is Subspace? That's Howard Moscovitz and me, Bill Fox.
Now Howard and I are Twyndyllyngs. As far as I know, we are the only band using that name.

Come hear Twyndyllyngs and Technicolor Travel Agency tonight at the Soundscapes Concert Series at the Nazareth Center for the Arts, 30 Belvidere Street in Nazareth, PA. BTW, TTA is Greg Waltzer and Johnny Doyle. It'll be a great show.

Why did I post this? Because I received email:
Quote:
Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "what is Xeroid Entity?" at electro-music.com. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-292883.html#292883

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-22.html&unwatch=topic

-- Thanks, The staff of volunteers at electro-music.com
But the link took me somewhere electro-music.com didn't know about!

Cheers,

Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Artists » Xeroid Entity
Jump to: