electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
  host / artist show at your time
today> Modulator ESP Adventures In Sound
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Simple echo-reverb circuit
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ChemicalKev

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Simple echo-reverb circuit Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it occurs to me that any sound out of the minisynth might be even more AWESOME with some reverb. Any relatively simple reverb circuits that coud be included in the system? Or has this been covered already?
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

classic analog reverb/echo circuits would use either a spring (very large) or BBDs and BBD circuits are a more complex.
what i did for my modular synth was to buy a digital fx board from cliff components and with some pots, switches and jack sockets i now have a small fx module. to give you an idea:
http://www.modular.fonik.de/Page12.html

cheers,
matthias
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

matthias, nice clean looking module. thumright
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kevin,

If you dig deep in the archives of the soundlab section, you will find that I posted a Craig Anderton design for a 9v powered springline design which I thought was appropriate for coupling to the SL.

I hope this helps Smile

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
goodrevdoc

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I plan on using this design:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/forums.html?option=content&task=view&id=124&Itemid=142
Like the SLMS, it also runs on +9/-9 V. You can get a smallish tank for it as well. (10-12 inches)
Don't try it with batteries though, its a current hungry monster.
-justin
Penetrovisk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can build a simple delay/chorus with de TDA1022.. It's cheap and easy to found.
nisios

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey fonic.......where have you bought that fx unit? its seems great. but they dont sell it online i guess.....
fonik

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nisios wrote:
hey fonic.......where have you bought that fx unit? its seems great. but they dont sell it online i guess.....

i bought it directly from cliff components UK (about 60 EUROs). but cliff components is weak in communication. i am not the only one who suffered from this. sometimes they answer to your request, sometimes not... this time they did and i got two boards from them. other time i made a request for 100 cliff jack sockets and they never answered. "voxglitch" doesn't build modules anymore but maybe he has some spare boards he wants to sell?

cheers,
matthias
nisios

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will try to get in touch with them.
By the way. Do youu know of any other brand with a similr product?

fonik

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, i don't. i wanted to do a module like the voxglitch and started a search and i only found the cliff ace board...
you may want to contact both cliff UK and USA - hopefully one will answer your request...

cheers,
matthias
nisios

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was googling and i found some interesting stuff:

http://www.profusionplc.com/pro/gex/pcatdtl0?ipartno=RA-FX3C
http://www.spinsemi.com/products.php

I think i will buy a fx3c as it is already a working solution....but the dsp chip is very promissing. And they give some nice software examples.
I have also found some thing i find awesome.
An atmel microcontroller delay effect....and some other interesting effects too. Oh and a wave scope too!!!! search the guy's page.
http://elm-chan.org/works/vp/report.html
I will defenitly do the delay project on this page.....finnaly i will be able to do an echo with adjustable band pass filter in the feedback! Just need to find an equal memory chip.

fonik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nisios wrote:
http://www.profusionplc.com/pro/gex/pcatdtl0?ipartno=RA-FX3CI think i will buy a fx3c as it is already a working solution....

and it's a good price compared to cliff... (wish i'd found it before)
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: