electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Hello False World
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Digiton

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:  Hello False World
Subject description: My introduction
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo, whats up electro community. I am an artist.musician fresh out of artschool. I'm trying to bang out some tracks after a four year hiatus. I am living in the Boston area and don't know any musicians. Well, the web is an alternative to real life, so f### it! No really, I'm excited to get some feedback on the music i have been struggling with. And if anyone on this post lives in the Boston area, put your keyboard in the air and smash it over your head like you DO care.
BUT WAIT......I have a problemo. I don't know how to get my mp3's onto my angelfire page. Any suggestions?
-Digiton (your right, it's not my reel name.)
Digiton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Baring my soul to cyberspace
Subject description: Two mp3's to download>
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will soon post more mp3's on the aformentioned angelfire page once i learn how. Lata'. I welcome all feedback/criticism, big and small!
Peace out, electro-fiends!

Drips.mp3
 Description:
OK, here is a piece a finished about a month ago. I will start posting more stuff on the aformentioned angelfire page (if i can get some pointers!) thanks everyone.

Download
 Filename:  Drips.mp3
 Filesize:  7.41 MB
 Downloaded:  996 Time(s)

Avoid the Temptation.mp3
 Description:
here is a song i wrote the end of senior year, wrapping up my POLYMESTER (that's wright, boeeeey!). Massive metasynth to the aid. I love that program more than hamburger helper (which is the worst additive synth program to date:[).

Download
 Filename:  Avoid the Temptation.mp3
 Filesize:  4.35 MB
 Downloaded:  989 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice ones !
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good music. I like it. Thanks for posting and welcome

I like the way you mix up the styles - makes listening interesting. Neat the way the steady electronic ear candy started off and the epiano was brought in. When the beats started, I was a bit disappointed because it was very expected, but the beats themselves were interesting enough.

Your music reminds me a little of Telafon Tel Aviv. If you haven't heard their music, I recommend it to you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome. I grew up in the South Shore and attended school in Boston.

Just finished listening to the first piece. It seems to be two pieces. I know the point is to be abrupt in the change, but I don't think it works here. I think there could have been some sort of transition or reason leading to the abruptness. There just doesn't seem to be relationship. However, taken separately, I like them a lot. I especially like the last third of the track.

www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
Digiton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks everyone. This forum has such fast response rate. Quite nice for impatient people. Cool!
David Vesel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may not be able to upload MP3s to Angelfire. Most free web hosting sites forbid the file format because of piracy concerns.
David Vesel. Synthetic Music for Humans. http://davidv.purplenote.com | Escape From Noise, vocal electronica radio http://efn.purplenote.com | Spellbound, a brief program of music for theremin http://spellbound.purplenote.com | Your mileage may vary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grimloch

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An interesting piece. However there are caveats. The electric piano part was nice...sort of mellow. The modulation at about the midpoint is a problem however. It reminds me of an old Atari 8bit game...Yars Revenge. This can be both good and bad depending. In my opinion, in terms of arrangement, it doesn't really get out of first or second gear. As an experimental piece this isn't bad....I just tend to prefer stronger arrangements.
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My connection's been slowed till tomorrow, so I only checked out the first one, but I really liked it. It was inventive and original, the laid back dude seemed sometimes to be completely ignoring the manic robot percussionist, but that's kind of refreshing in a way. It's like they were in separate rooms and couldn't hear each other. The quiet bits actually invoked a sense of calm/apprehension. That's not easy to do with this style of music. Well done! Cool
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very inventive sounds on "Drips".

Regarding the entrance of the percussion -- it seems to start unceremoniously. Not that it seems sudden to me, just seems a little perfunctory.

A couple of ideas that come to me are that the mellow piano part could change from a piano solo to an intro -- perhaps with a pedalpoint to signal that something is about to happen. Another thought would be to introduce a sound such as a cymbal roll or glissando to lead into the first beat of the percussion. The first beat could have another sound doubled with it for a kind of "grand entrance" effect. (I said cymbal roll -- of course, you would likely choose an electronic sound that serves a similar function).

I like the way "Drips" mellows out at the end.

Would be interested to hear how you created the percussion part. Sounds like you are working with samples.
Digiton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks 4 the wealth of responses. I have made a pact with myself (mainly to give myself a set of limitations to work with) to only use sounds I have built from various forms of digital synthesis (FM, subtractive, additive, etc.). For the percussion, I mess around with analog soft synths and then sample the interesting parts. It works, but i would like to be able to tweak the samples more in realtime. Suggestions?
Anyway, for anyone that wants to check out more of my stuff, i have another song posted on the "online music" FORUM, the post reads "electrofunk." Looking forward to hearing some interesting music from the members here as well as uploading some more tunes. PEACE X
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: