electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » Apple Computers
pwned
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: pwned Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://blog.wired.com/cultofmac/2007/03/novell_launches.html
Oskar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There must be something wrong with me, I think they're all very clever and technically adept, but what's all the kerfuffle about, really? Folks have different preferences and needs when it comes to both hardware and software, but it's all secondary to the quality of what's being put into the system - at least I hope so! To me, the most important question is, can I get stuff in and out of my set-up, without having to spend more time on technical issues than creative ones?
dewdrop_world

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really mean this in jest, just can't resist... unfortunately there is no way to make this joke without sounding horribly sexist. (This is actually my second attempt... the first was even more offensive.)

Where is the one where Linux gets morning sickness and has to reduce her activity for nine months when someone tries to install new software or hardware?

For that, I think I deserve this...

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

James

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ oscar; I just think these are verry funny and that it was about about time that somebody made fun of Apple's marketing publicly. Apple's orgininal marketing campaign was very distatfull and imature, IMHO. Somehow they couldn't just promote the idea that "Apples are nice" but they had to do it by putting the rest down.

For example; they couldn't promote the idea that there are relatively few viruses for Mac's, no, they had to promote the idea that there are a lot for PC (whatever "PC" means). They never show hpw much fun I-life will give you, nope, they demonstrate pie-charts are boring.

I though that was pritty stupid, a very negative aproach and that's why I find this funny.

That has nothing to do at all with what's "better" or preferences or whatever

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dewdrop_world wrote:
I really mean this in jest, just can't resist... unfortunately there is no way to make this joke without sounding horribly sexist. (This is actually my second attempt... the first was even more offensive.)

Where is the one where Linux gets morning sickness and has to reduce her activity for nine months when someone tries to install new software or hardware?

For that, I think I deserve this...
James

Groan.

I understand you feel the need to identify with the Mac guy when he says "leopard": and runs his hands over his shirt?

yuk.

dewdrop_world

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, if Linux were a guy in those ads, I could joke that he won't get up off his fat ass to do anything without being nagged, cajoled and insulted for several hours. Razz

As for Leopard mac, yep, you're right, hottest thing I've ever seen. Smokin'! Rolling Eyes

Seriously, I think the ads are clever. "So, people just share stuff with you like that?" Zing!

James

PS Yes, I realize my previous post was in poor taste... Embarassed

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, well, I could've made it more clear that I intended the topic to be comercials and not the relative merits of systems.

I don't realy want to go into what installs cause downtime because I'm not realy sure when OSX has to reboot at all.

Still, to make funny jokes about reproduction and OS's; you could also look at Linux "fertility" in a positive light. After all; reproduction is about sharing genes.

You might then conclude OSX and XP are infertile or you could conclude Linux's promiscuity in sharing it's genetic code is leading to overpopulation. Both would be kinda true. Wink

Oskar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
@ oscar; I just think these are verry funny and that it was about about time that somebody made fun of Apple's marketing publicly.

But they ARE funny! I even agree that it's time that Apple's commercials are subjected to a serious urine extraction. I'm just in a "raging against all corporations" mood, so I involuntarily react when not ALL major corporations' chief executives are lined up against a wall and shot! Twisted Evil Cool
You could say I'm sort of democratic in my aggressive feelings against all the major players in the current economic- and political processes. Wink

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, go ahead, Novel can go first. Novel is quite likely my least favourite Linux-related company.
Oskar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Oh, go ahead, Novel can go first. Novel is quite likely my least favourite Linux-related company.

Okay, what do I shoot them with?

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oskar wrote:
Kassen wrote:

Okay, what do I shoot them with?

Your choice I guess.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

But for both convenience and as a mood creator, Lidl has the The Execution Wall, washable and durable, available both in red brick and plastered finishes. Mind you, the cheapest right now is the out of season party pack.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't forget the "Lidl Collapsible Dark Alleyway and Claw Hammer set" for the more personal touch.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Don't forget the "Lidl Collapsible Dark Alleyway and Claw Hammer set" for the more personal touch.

Shocked

How could I forget! Spank me!

Sure, that´s a good one.. and the easter edition with nails and stuff is pretty cool.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Oskar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, seeing as this is an attack on the corporate world, something a bit less up-close and personal would be more apt, I feel. Do they do something like bazookas?
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Apple Computers
Jump to: