electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
LINE 256 - Downloadable MP3 Album
Page 1 of 2 [42 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: LINE 256 - Downloadable MP3 Album Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got this in my email. I have listened to a couple of tracks. The download is slow to my USA location, but what I have heard so far is quite enjoyable.

Hi there. Wink
Do you like electronic music where subject-matter in
is about machines and computers? Music similar to Front 242, Kraftwerk,
De/Vision, Front Line Assembly or Depeche Mode?
If so - thake a look here:
http://62.233.189.78/~mmee/collective/
You can find there full album (over 52 minutes of music in MP3 files)
published on the Internet by 'LINE 256' band and free-downloadable. There is
also cover-art ready to print.
EBM/electro, synth-pop and industrial - that's what you can find on the site.
Enjoy.

LINE 256 - COLLECTIVE EFFORT
(C) 1999-2003

01 Work Number One
02 Underwater Machine
03 Synthetic Dream
04 Element Y
05 Internal Error
06 Walking Construction
07 Vitrual Space
08 Work Number Six
09 Collective Effort
10 8 BIT
11 Electro Human

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The URLhttp://62.233.189.78/~mmee/yerz/, which is a parallell directory to the line256 directory.. has like 10-11 polish radioshows in mp3 format about popular electronic music. The polish is greek to me but anyway.-. pretty amusing and entertaining stuff.

The download speed Poland-Norway is pretty OK.
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, Elektro80 - pay attantion for the end of my new audition, (the 12 one) - there are little greetz for You, in English. Smile
Best wishes.
PS: The audition should be on the Net in a few days.
Address as usual the same: http://yerzmyey.w.interia.pl/
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool OK.. I will hang around and check out what happens. Will the file come up before friday? I am off on vacation then you see.

BTW: I enjoyed the line 256 material.

HEY! It really WAS a radiioshow! Evidently my greek is getting better... or something.. Very Happy
This is a regular show on some polish radio station?
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool OK.. I will hang around and check out what happens. Will the file come up before friday? I am off on vacation then you see.
----------------------------
Yes, I hope it will appear there about tomorrow.

BTW: I enjoyed the line 256 material.
--------------
I forwarded it to them. Smile

HEY! It really WAS a radiioshow! Evidently my greek is getting better... or something.. Very Happy
This is a regular show on some polish radio station?
--------------------------
Hehehe, so You must be language-genius! Smile
Anywayz.
Yes, several years ago it was regular audition, hearable in whole my city.
Now I had to renew the project, but in Internet this time.
With our strange behaviour (mine and my sister's) in the program, we want to atract more young people to electronic music, because here - in Poland - almost nobody listens to this kind of music.

Best wishes.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy
I listened to a few of those shows.. and indeed there is some wild stuff going on.. but what it is ... I have no idea Very Happy
I think I listened to some track called Analogy.. very retro .. like 25 years back. Very nice to hear such stuff. Is that a polish musician who made that one?
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yerzmyey wrote:

PS: The audition should be on the Net in a few days.
Address as usual the same: http://yerzmyey.w.interia.pl/

Yerzmyey,

Thanks for joining up here on electro-music.com. I'm listening to your audition, I think that's what it is, right now. I like the music - can't understand the Polish, but you seem to be having a lot of fun - even why you are crying. . Laughing

By the way, the download to Pennsylvania is quite fast from your site. Let us know the time and URL of your shows. I'm many people would like to listen in, not just Polish youngsters. Actually, I really enjoy listening to someone speaking in a language I don't understand.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Very Happy
I listened to a few of those shows.. and indeed there is some wild stuff going on.. but what it is ... I have no idea Very Happy
I think I listened to some track called Analogy.. very retro .. like 25 years back. Very nice to hear such stuff. Is that a polish musician who made that one?

It's a TangerineDream-like stuff. Whole album is in this style.
Once I got a letter a fragment of which - is below:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
***"ANALOGy" is distributed by:
Eurock, USA
http://eurock.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=519

DWM Music, USA
http://www.dwmmusic.com/

Cue Records, Germany
http://www.cue-records.de/cue_bookovsky.html

Groove Unlimited, Holland
http://www.groove.nl/cd/7/73055.html
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know several Polish musicians playin' 'berlin-school'. Smile

Best wishes!
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>Yerzmyey,
Thanks for joining up here on electro-music.com.
--------------
Hello there. Smile

>I'm listening to your audition, I think that's what it is, right now. I like the music - can't understand the Polish, but you seem to be having a lot of fun - even why you are crying. . Laughing
------------
heheh, yes - we are kinda insane. Smile

>By the way, the download to Pennsylvania is quite fast from your site. Let us know the time and URL of your shows. I'm many people would like to listen in, not just Polish youngsters. Actually, I really enjoy listening to someone speaking in a language I don't understand.
------------
Heh, why not. Smile
Well, the auditions are monthly, with some delay sometimes 'though - June show will be only tomorrow.
It's first anniversary like I started to make the program in Internet form. (I started it exactly in June 2002, when we splited with my girlfriend, heh - anyway cries are only pretended, don't worry Wink ).

Greetz!
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very OT: but.. you see I kind of parted ways with the EM movement before the EM movement became the EM movement or whatever. I have seen many explanations of what the Berlin School is supposed to be. Analogy sounded a bit like Phaedra.. and also a lot of the french underground cassette tapes releases .. 1973-1977 with a good dash of late 50s and mid 60s american avantgarde. Pretty nice. You might possibly get that guy who made that nice music over here? Cool
That guy has some talent and a good ear.

Back to Berlin School. I am not really sure what that means.. some of the music which is said to be Berlin School sounds in my ears a lot like Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulzhe tribute music. Analogy sounds to me to be original.. as in NOT being tribute music.

I suspect there is this connection between Berlin School and and a specific use of sequencers. On the other hand.. the end result.. metric tonal patterns and pulsebeat is a far older combination and can not in any way be called Berlin School. I am not putting Berlin School down.. not at all.. but.. I am exploring what this thing really is. And.. I am not quite sure what it is. Hmm... an old vinyl release .. Michael Hoenig:Departure from the Northern Wastelands.. Warner.. I guess I bought it in 1976? That one is really good!
I guess that one might belong to the Berlin School.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To get a better definition of berlin school, you might try hanging out on the beyond_em mailing list. There are lots of musicians there making that kind of music. I have a pretty good idea of what it is, but I'm not sure I could describe it accurately. Certainly its roots are in Tangerine Dream.

yerzmyey -
You should get in touch with Vic Rek, who runs the Ricochet Gatherings.
http://www.ricochetdream.com/
He's planning to have his next event in Poland (September 2004).
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OT. I wrote a message which turned out for some reason to duplicate sections.. and edit would not solve the problem.

new test.. deleting it and then posting it in a fresh message ID
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup.. I subscribe to the list. Some very gifted people over there. Hmm.. I actually "won" a CD by that finnish dude Otso.. . very good CD. Extremely interesting and smart. He should get a Nobel price or something.. But.. well. a lot of tribute music too.. on that list.

I am not that into Tangerine Dream really. I gave them up completely with the Thief LP. I hated myself for actually buying it. Guess I was hoping that they eventually would get it right... but no... Quite possibly I heard something else in their music than Froese did/does. And if so.. I might be extremely unfair.. well.. shit happpens.

People on the list are talking about how the 80s was a golden period for TD. So I have probably missed out on a lot. I am not saying that TD is extremely bad.. simply that I found the development after Stratosfear went in a direction that was.. well. not exactly what I think is interesting. Cyclone was OK.... of sorts.. at least the B side. And Force Majeure was far from bad.. but.. I felt they were getting worse when they tried to become more structured. Another matter is that the whole groove thing happened at the same time. Can was big..Talking Heads released some great LPs. Jan Garbarek was starting to become big. Sly and Robbie.. reggae.. And the Berlin School .. the way I understand it.. sort of lost the groove completely at a time when groove was the next big thing. But then again this is me.. which says more about what I was working on myself and struggling with rather than the quality of the actual music made by TD.

It hits me that I might be thinking of this in the wrong way. What has actually happened is that TD Berlin School has turned into a genre. With its own rules etc. Which is perfectly OK.

Hmm.. whey eventually would get it right... but no... Quite possibly I heard something else in their music than Froese did/does. And if so.. I might be extremely unfair.. well.. shit happpens.

People on the list are talking about how the 80s was a golden period for TD. So I have probably missed out on a lot. I am not saying that TD is extremely bad.. simply that I found the development after Stratosfear went in a direction that was.. well. not exactly what I think is interesting. Cyclone was OK.... of sorts.. at least the B side. And Force Majeure was far from bad.. but.. I felt they were getting worse when they tried to become more structured. Another matter is that the whole groove thing happened at the same time. Can was big..Talking Heads released some great LPs. Jan Garbarek was starting to become big. Sly and Robbie.. reggae.. And the Berlin School .. the way I understand it.. sort of lost the groove completely at a time when groove was the next big thing. But then again this is me.. which says more about what I was working on myself and struggling with rather than the quality of the actual music made by TD.

It hits me that I might be thinking of this in the wrong way. What has actually happened is that TD Berlin School has turned into a genre. With its own rules etc. Which is perfectly OK.

Hmm.. when I think back..I actually did follow some links.. some of the links posted on the list.. and much of the TD style music by made many of the list members is far better musically.. when it comes to composition and playing skills than TD ever was back then. One might compute this several ways.
I usually list the TD LP, Sorcerer, as the one I like best. And I like that one a lot... and yes I do know that many hate it.. but.. I still think that is a really good one.

Last edited by elektro80 on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same .. sections are being duplicated.. Howard.. what is up? I am trying to kill the duplicated sections... but that does not work. A bug? A feature?
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>Very OT: but.. you see I kind of parted ways with the EM movement before the EM movement became the EM movement or whatever. I have seen many explanations of what the Berlin School is supposed to be. Analogy sounded a bit like Phaedra.. and also a lot of the french underground cassette tapes releases .. 1973-1977 with a good dash of late 50s and mid 60s american avantgarde. Pretty nice. You might possibly get that guy who made that nice music over here? Cool
That guy has some talent and a good ear.
----------------
So this is it, which is called in PL as berlin-school. Smile

>Back to Berlin School. I am not really sure what that means.. some of the music which is said to be Berlin School sounds in my ears a lot like Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulzhe tribute music. Analogy sounds to me to be original.. as in NOT being tribute music.
---------------
I suppose it is immemorial problem of genres. Smile
Is Metallica copying Kreator? Smile Or oppositely? Wink In my opinion it's simply a genre. Some stuff sounds more similar to precursors, some stuff sound more original. Smile

>I suspect there is this connection between Berlin School and and a specific use of sequencers. On the other hand.. the end result.. metric tonal patterns and pulsebeat is a far older combination and can not in any way be called Berlin School. I am not putting Berlin School down.. not at all.. but.. I am exploring what this thing really is. And.. I am not quite sure what it is. Hmm... an old vinyl release .. Michael Hoenig:Departure from the Northern Wastelands.. Warner.. I guess I bought it in 1976? That one is really good!
I guess that one might belong to the Berlin School.
--------------------
Well, what could I say...? I noticed one interesting thing. In various countries people have various definition of genres. For example - electro music. When You say it in Germany, people would think about 'electro-industrial' stuff, like Hocico, Front242... But if You say it in other places, people will think about Kraftwerk, AUX88, Anthony Rother and others.
Quite funny thing. Smile
Anyway - here in Poland - people used to call as berlin-school (or 'berlin-trance') stuff like TD's music made in 70s or early 80s. Or Robert Schroeder... Or K.Schulze's older records. (I'm not an expert 'though).

Best wishes,
Yerz
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>To get a better definition of berlin school, you might try hanging out on the beyond_em mailing list. There are lots of musicians there making that kind of music. I have a pretty good idea of what it is, but I'm not sure I could describe it accurately. Certainly its roots are in Tangerine Dream.
----------------
Yes. That's true.
And 'Michael Hoenig:Departure from the Northern Wastelands' is a very good example of berlin-trance. (I'm even listenning to it now Smile ).

>yerzmyey -
>You should get in touch with Vic Rek, who runs the Ricochet Gatherings.
http://www.ricochetdream.com/
He's planning to have his next event in Poland (September 2004).
-----------------------
Well, I even met once Vic Rek in person, if I recall, but this gathering seems to be quite a strange meeting. There are so many Polish artists playin' berlin-school. If Vic and his friends come to PL, they could as some artist (or more?) to come and play sommit for berlin-maniax. But - as far as I know - they haven't.
And after all, nobody will invite there by himself, using violence or something, hehehe. Wink
I lead radioshow about electronic music and I'm kinda freak of the music, so I try to follow interesting el-news. This time I got an impression, they would like to organize an el-meeting in Poland, but in some opposition to Polish fans of the music, heheh. Wink
Well, it's just my impression 'though. And it's definitely OFF TOPIC here. Wink
I'm sorry.

Kind regards to all.
Yerz
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About the newest audition with electronix (and with greetz to electro80 and others foreign listenners at the end of the program Wink ) -
it's now on my site -
http://yerzmyey.w.interia.pl/
( the newest is always the first link -
*SŁUCHAJ/ŚCIĄGAJ AUDYCJĘ NAJNOWSZĄ*)

and exact link to this stupid and primitive show is here:
http://62.233.189.78/~mmee/yerz/yerz12.mp3

It's my jubilee-program, as I said. Smile One year of activity. Smile

Greetingzzzzzzz! Smile
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe... thx for that greeting dear yerzmyey

very nice,

Do you have an email addie?

Yes.. I found the file and it is playing here now.
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On various forums I give this my email address:
yerzmyey@interia.pl
and when I answer to people, I use my proper address.

Best wishes,
Yerz
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw, I found that somebody has put here already the info about "ANALOGy".
Probably it's the same Electrobot, who I know too, personally.
Anyway - yes, the music is quite OK for TD lovers.
DES

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, I thought I read somewhere that "Berlin School" was based on the fact that most of the original practitioners of that "style" had studied or lived in and around Berlin.. Tangerine Dream, Shulze, even J.M Jarre and I guess living and interacting with the people in the area helped to form "that sound". There was also a "Dueseldorf School" (sp?) which is different sounding - more "industrial" sounding (I believe that are was a manufacturing/industrial area) - Kraftwerk is an example of this....

I wish I could remember where I saw that...

DES
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.. I seem to have read that one too once.. years ago.. possibly in Agitasjon or old Eurock. Makes some sense.
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I recall, "Dueseldorf School" is electro/techno-pop stuff. Or am I wrong...? (I mean artists like Kraftwerk, Elektric Music, Komputer, Anthony Rother, Exzakt, DDR, AUX88, Digital Solution - and others)

Greetz!
yerzmyey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw, elektro80, I will put one of Your songs into my next show. Smile
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool
Very kool.. and BTW.. I am now in Greece.. very hot, very sunny and very nice.
Page 1 of 2 [42 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: