electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Sequencer - interactive
Programmable Metronome
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Programmable Metronome
Subject description: The metronome I wanted for 15 years
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a utility patch.

I often play music where the tempo differs every few bars. In the 1960's people used to make their own audio tapes to practice their Stockhausen, but with programmable drum machines and progammable metronomes like the Boss Dr. Beat series these times are over. One really nasty thing though is the user interface and the fact, that practicing most often goes from slow to fast. I don't know about drum machines but the Dr. Beats still don't have an overall speed control. That means that if you want to practice and want to play faster you have to reprogram all the programs. And here comes the G2:

16 Event-sequencers whose speed are controlled by 16 LFOs trigger logic highs. The top row trigger a >ping<, aka Accent, the bottom row triggers a click, ideal for clicktracks. The number of times an event-sequencer repeats its sequence is set by a LevelSequencer with the stunning name "Repeats". The triggers are then led trough an arrangement of Muxers and finally reach their destination oscillator.
The divider section is taken from the online help.TY
The finest thing is the fact, that a Master Oscillator controls the overall speed of your practicing loop. All you have to do is program the tempo once to your desired (final) tempo and you can work towards this speed from factor .0248 in 64 steps to speediness. You can go on and play your piece 38 times faster than the original, but I don't know if your Elise will still sound pretty.

The G2 Keyboard versions gives you very fast access to
- up to 16 programs
- up to 16 steps
- up to 64 loops per program
- optional accent on the first beat.
- Storage of your practicing loop as .pch-file (well, that's obvious, but a pain with ordinary metronomes).
- Sound control
- Reset button
- overall speed control by factor from .024 to x38.

I know, nobody but me needs this. But I totally suits my needs and I can make clicktracks in a few seconds and don't have to look at my Metronome "patch sheets" and re-program all the time.

There will be another version using all the Variations, so 8*16 programs will be possible, but I've never used CC70 and expect some trouble.

If you look inside the patch you'll find an unused oscillator. Without this oscillator step 5 keeps hanging in the divider section. VERY STRANGE BEHAVIOUR.

Parameter page config:

Pages A1-C8: 16 programs with 4 parameters:
Rate (tempo),
Length (e.g. of bar),
Accent on/off (the knob, not the button),
Repeats (number of repetitions)

E1:
Reset
Speed: overall speed from .024 to x38
Length: How many programs in the Loop (always starting with prog1)(must be the same number for both parameters)
Clear: sets the number of repetitions of each loop to 0 (which makes the Metronome go nuts)

E2: Sound control of both Accent and click: pitch, decay, punch and Volume

Metro8.pch2
 Description:
Programmable Metronome with control over the overall speed. Ideal to practice music with tempo changes.

Download
 Filename:  Metro8.pch2
 Filesize:  12.34 KB
 Downloaded:  1754 Time(s)

Last edited by sebber on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
drapdap

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BRING THAT BEAT BACK!
erm, this is lost too. could anyone upload it?

r.
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, done. Bing ta ta ta, Bing ta ta ta.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Sequencer - interactive
Jump to: