electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
THD107 Quadrature Function Generator PCB's HAVE ARRIVED!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Scott Stites
Page 7 of 8 [186 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
serenechaos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No boards, no eMail, no PM...
Confused
Robert
Randaleem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The QFG Boards have been sent. You should be seeing them any day.

Kind regards, Randaleem

serenechaos wrote:
No boards, no eMail, no PM...
Confused
Robert
serenechaos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great!
The communication really eases ones mind.

Thanks,
Robert
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anybody received their boards yet?
serenechaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no...
Randaleem

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

serenechaos wrote:
no...

You will. They are on their way; I've certainly got no good reason to keep them from you!

Kind regards, Randal
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Randaleem wrote:
serenechaos wrote:
no...

You will. They are on their way; I've certainly got no good reason to keep them from you!

Apart from that idea you had that you were anticipating to show them off at NAMM?

Randal, can you put your hand on your heart and tell the forum members that their boards are in the postal system right now, as I write this? And, you have sent/ placed these boards in the US postal system, to their rightful owners, in the last couple of weeks?

That isn't much to ask is it? I ask, not because I am a customer, but because I am the (or one of anyway) moderator of this forum Smile

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the boards were sent by mail, there will be a postmark on packing. That will let us know whether or not Randal is telling us the truth or not about when they were sent off. If he sent them via FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc... there would be a tracking number, but since he hasn't sent us one, I'm guessing he used the US Mail system. I hate to say it, I'm starting to feel a bit skeptical too, since I live in Oregon. Most mail from northern California only takes a few days to get to me. Anyway, I'm gonna just wait and see.

Keep in mind that if you paid using Paypal, you are protected by them. If a seller ever does not deliver the goods, they will refund your money.

Romeo
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On Paypal, you have 45 days in which to begin seeking a refund under their "Resolution Center". Once that process has started, you then have 20 days in which you can escalate the complaint and ask Paypal to intervene and make a determination. FWIW.
krisp14u

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vtl5c3 wrote:

Keep in mind that if you paid using Paypal, you are protected by them. If a seller ever does not deliver the goods, they will refund your money.

I only wish this was the case

some scum got my money sent me nothing
I complained and went through the procedure of compensation with paypal
I was victorious in my case so I get my money back
No i still haven't got Jack S&#t form paypal

also there's no sign of the 2 QFG pcb's I ordered but I have faith in Randal

and a team of hit men to take him out if I don't have my boards by Christmas

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

krisp14u wrote:
and a team of hit men to take him out if I don't have my boards by Christmas

Careful with statements such as this. Even as a joke. In todays climate, these are taken much more seriously by "powers that be" than most people realise.
Randaleem

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again!?? Un-believable.

V, I already answered your question in the post previous to your "helpful reply" here! You even quoted it in your reply.

Sure, I photoshopped the pics, yeah that's it! I'm gonna make thousands by stiffing everybody and selling these boards at NAMM, Yeah that's it! (see , I can be ridiculous too!) NOW, JUST TO BE CLEAR: NO PHOTOS were fabricated and I've not got ANY plans to sell these PCB's (or modules made from them) at NAMM.

You've got to be kidding. TH nixed any ideas I had of my selling these as assembled units months ago. I don't have to say that I DON'T appreciate your allegations and so-called "helpful" comments. Again.

Regards, Randal

v-un-v wrote:
Apart from that idea you had that you were anticipating to show them off at NAMM?

Randal, can you put your hand on your heart and tell the forum members that their boards are in the postal system right now, as I write this? And, you have sent/ placed these boards in the US postal system, to their rightful owners, in the last couple of weeks?

That isn't much to ask is it? I ask, not because I am a customer, but because I am the (or one of anyway) moderator of this forum Smile
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tue Nov 20, 2007
Quote:
Most of your previously ordered QFG boards have been shipped.

Great.
Rolling Eyes

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Randal,

It's a very simple thing. Either produce (deliver, actually see to it that people receive) the boards ordered, OR refund the monies paid to you.

As I have not yet received the board(s) you promised, which I have been told for nearly three weeks now have been shipped, I have asked for a refund of ALL money I paid you. As you failed to effect the refund requested, I have started a case with Paypal in their resolution center for one of the payment I made to you.

I have become unable to trust in your ability to deliver the goods promised. Repeated placative promises that something has / will be / should have been shipped are no longer satisfactory.

Please refund my monies forthwith.

Thank you,

Daniel Gray
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Randaleem wrote:
Again!?? Un-believable.

Sorry Randal, but this isn't "unbelievable", it's very serious.

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really hate this kind of thing.

Randal, a fair number of projects have passed through the electro-music forum. All of them, save one, have been happily accomplished without veering into this course of discussion. Tom is a moderator of this forum, voluntarily, and as such does have a certain obligation to, well, prevent the forum and its members (whether they feel they need it or not) from straying into an area that does not match the spirit or charter of the forum.

Though you do not pay money to use electro-music, that does not mean it is "free". There is a line that can be crossed, and I'd say it's been crossed here. If Tom pulled this kind of stunt, he'd be just as liable as you are now.

I'm not saying I think you're not going to deliver, or don't intend to deliver, but please get a grip on the reality of your actions. They are very public here. If you find Tom's statement unbelievable, think again and believe.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And, you still haven't answered my question.
Randaleem

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dan,

You know that "Careful with Statements" works on a smaller personal level as well? First you stir things up here and then you warn the guys? FWIW, your quoting of his text makes it even a bit more likely to be captured by those powers-that-be that you're warning against.

It's quite clear to me that Krisp is joking. I remember when we could do that without getting the "powers-that-be" involved. No, really. NO reply is necessary. You've done quite enough already. it's best I log off now before I really say some things that don't need saying.

You are correct though. The world IS different than it used to be.

To all those who have chosen not to take part in today's whatever-it-is, Thank you. You represent the silent majority. I'm quite sure have more email on his single QFG PCB from Danno than all other customers combined.

And now I'll just get quietly back to work on the chatterbox and other PCB's for you all. Yeah right. Another great day for me at e-m.

I expect that you'll all be seeing your boards soon, and as before this will (Again) evaporate
into the realm of things which seemed important at the time, but weren't.

I'm logging off e-m for today. But I'll be back tonight or tomorrow, and I'll respond to messages sent to my regular email address. Also later though. I was trying to get out the door this morning when all this broke loose. Again.

And I DO understand it is ultimately MY fault, and mine alone. For leaving the door open. My apologies, this isn't fun.

Randal

Danno Gee Ray wrote:
krisp14u wrote:
an obvious joke line

Careful with statements such as this. Even as a joke. In todays climate, these are taken much more seriously by "powers that be" than most people realise.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This seems like the real home of the QFG PCB:

[editor's note: Dec 11, 2007 - Please see that last post of this topic for this information. --mosc]

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm Still waiting for my refund.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Randaleem wrote:

And now I'll just get quietly back to work on the chatterbox and other PCB's for you all. Yeah right. Another great day for me at e-m.

OK.

Let´s take a look at the timeline:

Quote:
Wed Jun 13, 2007
I'd like to announce that the prolific and venerable Mr. Henry has given permission for me to do a run of professional PCB's for this project. I started last night and have it mostly laid out, and am expecting to have the design ready for fab by Friday. Turnaround to have boards in hand should then be 2 weeks or less.

Tue Jun 19, 2007
I thought I'd have it out by Friday, then Saturday. Was not to be.
But I hope the description shows that I've not just been slacking off

Mon Jun 25, 2007
Thank you for your interest in the Thomas Henry VC-Quadrature Function Generator PCB's.
Here's a look at the layout. I'll have ordering details tomorrow.

Sat Jul 07, 2007
It's time to place the order for the Thomas Henry designed Quadrature Function generator PCB's.

Tue Aug 07, 2007
Coriolis,
Less than a week away...

Mon Aug 27, 2007
The Thomas Henry QFG boards have been put to manufacture and are expected in late this week, or perhaps early next week.

Fri Sep 14, 2007
I expected them in this week; now it looks like they'll be coming in and ship next week.

Wed Oct 03, 2007
They were supposed to be here already; so I'm expecting them any day now.

Thu Oct 18, 2007
Any day now is the best I can say. They were supposed to have been here by now. It's a frustrating wait for me too. I have other modules I'd like to announce; but can't do that while these are still in transit.

Mon Oct 29, 2007
> I was able to talk with the vendor directly today
> (He's working over time himself) and have been given
> an absolute guarantee that I will have these QFG
> boards in my hands before the end of the coming week
> (Nov.2).

Sun Nov 04, 2007
Yes, I did hear from the board house and to make a long story short I don't have QFG boards in my hands.

I'm driving down to their facility tomorrow to deal with this face to face.

Wed Nov 07, 2007
I placed a quick-turn order to supplement the boards coming from the orig. supplier. I will have boards Friday, and if both come through, I will have a LOT of boards. When we spoke face to face I was given plausible and to me acceptable explanations of what had happened. But I also need your QFG boards, not explanations. So I decided to cover my bet with an additional 2nd sourced QT order to ensure a Friday receipt. We're almost there!

Sat Nov 10, 2007
They're here! In fine geen and gold plated RoHs form...

Tue Nov 20, 2007
Most of your previously ordered QFG boards have been shipped.

Mon Nov 26, 2007
On that note: The last of the individual QFG's will go out in Tomorrow's mail.

Sun Dec 02, 2007
The QFG Boards have been sent. You should be seeing them any day.

Fri Dec 07, 2007
They are on their way; I've certainly got no good reason to keep them from you!

It seems to me that the absolutely last thing you should be doing is to announce more projects and take more orders. Why not simply take all this new stuff off to your own website and sell the lot from there?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
krisp14u

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I retract the above statement and If any "powers that be" have read it I do not have a team of hit men (or Hit women (Trying to be as PC as possible)) on stand by

I will know retreat back in to the lab and refrain from humor

also that's a wogglebug pcb on the website not a QFG

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is a wogglebug pcb. Well spotted.
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the website come up written in latin for you guys?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It´s the Lorem Ipsum - standard dummy text.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Scott Stites
Page 7 of 8 [186 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: