electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Electro-Music Klee Sequencer Build and Applications Thread
Page 54 of 54 [1348 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 52, 53, 54
sduck

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's too bad that this thread has been neglected by the current klee builders who are having various build issues. This is a fantastic resource, and was the defacto place for build questions and answers for a long time, and still should be!
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where is the like button?
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fonik wrote:
where is the like button?

What would a like button do? I assume you mean something to integrate with Facebook. I don't use that site or Twitter. Both are private companies that are becoming defacto public resources.

If that is what you mean, then I'll start a separate forum topic to discuss this. I find some moral/ethical problems with the way these sites have evolved, but I could be convinced otherwise.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it was a joking reference to how Facebook has "like" and Google+ has "+1" for those times when you want to say "THIS" and agree/reinforce the message of the previous message, but don't have anything additional to add.

I really doubt it was a serious feature request Very Happy
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep. howard. i just wanted to emphasize what sduck said by playing on the social media hype. Very Happy
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I can at least make this topic a sticky, which I just did. Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sduck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you sir!
new voodoo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sneakthief wrote:
Digital board:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I HAVE DONE THIS SO MANY TIMES!!

rgh!! so frustrating. Especially when it LOOKS, as in yr example, like it SHOULD go there because where it SHOULD go is closer to the labeled hole (thus appearing NOT to be the correct mated hole) and the WRONG hole looks like it is about the correct distance (the size of the 1/4 watt resistor plus bit of lead on each side)

so frustrating@@!!

nyways-ill see-i just got the PCB set and am waiting on delivery

-oddities & weird
newvoodoo.blogspot.com
-bending DIY/projects
-crap
logite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sduck wrote:
It's too bad that this thread has been neglected by the current klee builders who are having various build issues. This is a fantastic resource, and was the defacto place for build questions and answers for a long time, and still should be!

It's not! I'm here Laughing

help me? Sad
sduck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

logite wrote:
sduck wrote:

It's not! I'm here Laughing

help me? Sad

It looks like you finally got help by starting another thread- woops!
Headroom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Order Problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello@all,
i´ve a problem to order the klee pcb´s cause i can´t change the shipping method at the order page.
Can anybody tell me what to do?
Thx
Martin

electromusic.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  277.54 KB
 Viewed:  716 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

electromusic.jpg

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Order Problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Headroom wrote:
Hello@all,
i´ve a problem to order the klee pcb´s cause i can´t change the shipping method at the order page.
Can anybody tell me what to do?
Thx
Martin

Thanks for the heads up, Headroom.

Unfortunately, the Klee boards are out of stock now. Future boards will be available from SynthCube.

Headroom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Howard!
I keep my eyes open.
janwillem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have 2 sets of the boards and I am searching the whole web to try to find something like building manuals... I can only find the building manual for the daughterboard and that simply says: "Before you start on the daughterboard you will need to complete your electro-music Klee boards. If you do not already have these they can be purchased at the electro-music store through the following link:
http://www.electro music.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/54/products_id/101"
But I did not found anything which looks like documentation!!!!! Do I have to build the klee sequencer from BOM's only??? please help me to find a proper building manual!!!
On synthcube they say: "extensive documentation exists to support your panel design and build"... but WHERE!!!!!!!
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you looking for http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-24821.html ?
WeezyWappinger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Klee Sequencer schematic link on page 1 of this thread appears to be broken - is any able to restore it or direct me to another source?
elmegil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WeezyWappinger wrote:
The Klee Sequencer schematic link on page 1 of this thread appears to be broken - is any able to restore it or direct me to another source?

Let's see if this works.

em_klee_PCB_schematics_122.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  em_klee_PCB_schematics_122.pdf
 Filesize:  4.36 MB
 Downloaded:  29 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. elmegil. I fixed the link in post #1 of this topic.
elmegil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Thanks. elmegil. I fixed the link in post #1 of this topic.

Thank *you* as always Smile
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:50 am    Post subject:  
Subject description: More Klee boards found in the basement!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure where to post this, but I'll start here.

I found in the basement a box of new Klee Sequencer boards that I got years ago. They were defective in that they didn't have all the masks printed on the boards, specifically the visible level that shows the names of the components. I complained to the manufacturer and they sent me another batch of boards with that level included. All of that batch were sold.

The photos below show the boards, but the photos are poor quality because of the reflections are not uniform across the boards. It doesn't look like it but the metalization is consistent across both sides of both boards, and the thru hole plating looks to be there everywhere I've looked or measured.

These boards do nothing for anyone in my basement. I'm asking - would people want to use these boards to start a Klee Sequencer project? Are boards in this condition usable? Is this project still viable? Are these boards worth anything to anybody?

Maybe these boards could bring in some money to help keep electro-music.com going.

At any rate, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks...

IMG_0339.jpg
 Description:
photo of Klee Sequencer boards
 Filesize:  3.49 MB
 Viewed:  10 Time(s)

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg
 Description:
Photo of back side of Klee Sequencer boards
 Filesize:  3.55 MB
 Viewed:  6 Time(s)

IMG_0340.jpg

kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:45 am    Post subject:
Subject description: More Klee boards found in the basement!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
I'm asking - would people want to use these boards to start a Klee Sequencer project? Are boards in this condition usable? Is this project still viable? Are these boards worth anything to anybody?

The Klee Sequencer is a great tool and I would imagine that after all these years there are still people who would want to build them. (I built two of them myself).

IMO, one can utilize the parts layout from the instructions to install the components (the time-consuming part of any sequencer project is the front panel wiring anyway).

I believe the project is still viable. I believe the parts would all be pretty easily sourced (I don't recall any exotic or hard-to-find parts in it).

The availability of PCBs -- even unmarked ones -- makes the project viable. To build the Klee sequencer from scratch would be, for most people, too time-consuming and error prone.

If the boards were available, I might purchase a set -- though I already have two Klee's and the PCBs could become an "unfinished-someday-I-will-get-around-to-it" project. Wink

The Peasant

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Provided that all of the required parts are still available to be sourced and that sufficient build information exists, I would definitely purchase at least one set.

Take care,
Doug

www.electronicpeasant.com
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking of donating them to the TEMPO non-profit non-profit organization. They could use it as a fundraiser, perhaps.

Someone made a nice front panel. I wonder if they are still available, or at least the art work.

Page 54 of 54 [1348 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 52, 53, 54
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: