electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Electro-Music Klee Sequencer Build and Applications Thread
Page 3 of 54 [1348 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 52, 53, 54 Next
crashlander42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been looking forward to building a Klee since i first joined this forum and read the Klee thread, and listened to Scott's samples. I'm very excited.

Oh, and Uncle Krunkus's avatar scares me too. What is that?

http://www.myspace.com/isaciongun
http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashlander42
My DIY stuff Flickr

Last edited by crashlander42 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, and thanks, Ringer!

Are we getting close, Uncle?

Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Oh, and Uncle Krunkus's avatar scares me too. What is that?

I'm not sure - he's offered a couple of explanations, but I haven't believed any of them yet......

Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's me!
At a fancy dress party!!
Very drunk!!!

I actually still have the wig. I put it on when I'm laying out PCBs. It helps concentrate the "cosmic forces which surround us all".
But I wear it because it makes me look like one of the Ramones! Laughing

LukeDI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm tempted but I fear I have to many other (and easier) fish to fry before getting involved with the mighty EM Klee, though I hope people stay interested so there are at least a few PCBs available when I can finally tackle it.
waterbuffalo18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

put me down for one.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ryan! I either didn't know or forgot you were a member here! Nice to see you around. I'll have to update the "no frills links" thread with that address.

Cheers,
Scott

tomcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After reading the description (somehow the klee escaped my attention) the only thing i can say is:

yes yes yes i like one ... no i need one Smile
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uncle Krunkus wrote:
It's me!
At a fancy dress party!!
Very drunk!!!

No! It's not! It's what that damn microwave oven you tried to midi recently and the after effects are clearly visible isn't it?! Come on admit it!! Shocked

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Randaleem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject:
Subject description: Electro-Music Klee Sequencer "stock" panel layouts
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi to all that Klee, or soon will be Very Happy

I've talked to Tom and Scott and they've allowed me the task of creating the "stock" panel layouts for the electro-music Klee Sequencer. I plan to create 5 layouts total, to be offered as FPD's with CAD outputs available on request.

There will be a Frac, Euro, MOTM, Dotcom and Serge panel laid out. The Frac and Euro will be similar, as perhaps will the MOTM and dotcom. I intend to create panels which look native for each of the formats instead of a one size fits all. There may be a design for a desktop unit later; it is still being discussed.

I have the Frac and Euro largely done, and will be working on the others this week and next and hope to have all complete soon, certainly before the boards become available.

I am interested in any and all input that you may have regarding the layout of the electro-music Klee Sequencer!

Over the next few days I'll post some preliminary layouts to get feedback. I'm excited to be given this opportunity; and with your help I think we can do a good bit of work and have some nice panels to go with the great design of this collaborative Klee effort.

Some starter thoughts and questions:

Frac/Euro: I know the 3U Klee's can be made to fit in less than full rack width. I'm thinking of leaving a 3" space for an LFO of your choice to use with the sequencer for a single row Klee solution. Is this important? Or would you rather have a full rack width design?

MOTM: Do you want a moog 960/961 vibe for the panel pots or pure MOTM modern sequencer; i.e., a more rigid adherance to MOTM layout?

Dotcom: Similar question; Moog 960/61 or Q960? (I was thinking the klee would look nice as a sort of stretched filter bank. Could even be set up to look like a pair of filter banks? The rounded ends of them is a bit like the recirculating bits of the Klee. And a double echoes the dual SR's of the Klee. Set it apart a bit from the norm; since it IS a "bit" apart from the norm. (Makes that multi-bitS apart from the norm Smile )

Serge: 7x17 panel with ears is planned. That way you can rack it or put it into your existing instrument without mods. Which era of Serge look would you prefer? "Chinese arithmetic", 80's STS, or Current ? Paper, metal or plastic? Smile off-White, metal, white?

Comments invited,

Randal

Last edited by Randaleem on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
janvanvolt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject:

Wohooo!! Wie geil Smile

I'm definitely in for one set, maybe a second one, if "just" one is need to fulfull the 50 ones.
Fernando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one set of boards for me!

(I already voted but since it's anonimous...)
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I've added a little hack to the forum software. Now when one types electro-music Klee it will show up like it just showed up. Automatic reformatting. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

electro-music Klee
electro-music Klee
electro-music Klee

Kewl!!

goldenechos

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject:

Thank you much Randal. The desktop panel seems like an exciting option.

One thing to consider is that it would seem (to me) to be a waste of a Doepfer case if it takes up most of a 3U row. That is alot of unused power connections and current (that are paid for in the cost of the case). For the size, it might be more practical to just run this thing off its own supply, and put it into an inexpensive aluminum case like this;

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=36870

I imagine the entire sequencer could be run of a small/ inexpensive switching power supply as well...

TR

Randaleem wrote:
There may be a design for a desktop unit later; it is still being discussed.
Frac/Euro: I know the 3U Klee's can be made to fit in less than full rack width. I'm thinking of leaving a 3" space for an LFO of your choice to use with the sequencer for a single row Klee solution. Is this important? Or would you rather have a full rack width design?
Randal
bubblechamber

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll take 2 sets.
David
tomcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Frac or Doepfer Format is ok. You still can put it in a mini case.

And even a wide module like this can be small, depending on your system (8 double width rows a 3HE would be a nice start Wink )
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well guys ! Great job and as I said in my e-mail to you Scott, I finally got a chance to read, in detail, about the Klee over my vacation and I am really impressed with this unit. I would also like to be counted in for a set of boards for this project. Very Happy

Oh, BTW, can I stuff Klee 3 into a big fat Gate Array? ....... Just kidding! Very Happy

Thanks again guys !

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
OK, I've added a little hack to the forum software. Now when one types electro-music Klee it will show up like it just showed up. Automatic reformatting

Howard, you "chip off the old block" you ....... Wink NICE

electro-music Klee ....

Just testing ...

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a bit OT but Uncle Krunkus, your avatar is really scaring me !!! The robot was so much more friendly! Very Happy

Bill
waterbuffalo18

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scott, yes i joined a while back but have been inactive. but, interesting stuff like the klee is happening here so i didn't want to miss it. this project looks great, and so much documentation. and i'm glad i don't have to do my own layout. i'll definitely buy it.
doctorvague

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in for a set. It's a bit over my head and probably won't be able to build it til after we move (Scott - guess what - we're moving back to New Mexico at the end of August).

Much appreciation to Scott and all for such a wonderful, and musically exciting project!!!

electro-music Klee
electro-music Klee
hey that is cool!!

BTW how many cabs are in this project, and are they yellow?

Phil

Uncle Krunkus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

doctorvague wrote:
BTW how many cabs are in this project, and are they yellow?

No, they're all greencabs. The powered by baked beans variety. Laughing

Uncle Krunkus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
This is a bit OT but Uncle Krunkus, your avatar is really scaring me !!! The robot was so much more friendly! :DBill

Finally! I'm having an emotional impact on people from the other side of the world. Shocked
That's what I dreamed about when I was in that punk/avante garde, Neil Young meets Frank Zappa kind of band in the 80s! Laughing

doctorvague

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uncle Krunkus wrote:
State Machine wrote:
This is a bit OT but Uncle Krunkus, your avatar is really scaring me !!! The robot was so much more friendly! :DBill

Finally! I'm having an emotional impact on people from the other side of the world. Shocked
That's what I dreamed about when I was in that punk/avante garde, Neil Young meets Frank Zappa kind of band in the 80s! Laughing

Ok, yeah, I'm kinda seeing the Neil Young/Zappa resemblance now that you mention it...
Page 3 of 54 [1348 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 52, 53, 54 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: