electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
G2 or Noah
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
creamware

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: G2 or Noah Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what do you guys think
I have a creamware noah on sale or return so i can get a g2 ?
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say "good on ya!". But then of course, I'm biased.

But bias aside, I'd still say "good on ya!"

Wink
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not familiar with the Noah, so I went to the company's web site to check it out. Seems like a nice synth but appears lacking in the area of patchability. Maybe, I'm wrong about that.

Anyhow, the G2 is very strong in the patchability department, but in the area of pre-made synth models it's not too strong. You won't find any Arps or MiniMoogs. Not that you couldn't build them, but they aren't there out of the box.

If you're into patching, the G2 is great. If not, then I wouldn't recommend it to you. There is a learning curve, especially if you are new to modular synthesizers, but there are many good resources and people who can help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Noah is not a bad instrument at all. I have tested it at the local music store. To me it seems that Howard is right about the patching. Noah is not quite like the G2.
The G2 is pretty much like any huge modular system, but you are getting it without any patches set up. Hmm.. you are actually getting much more than a huge analog modular synth.
I haven´t really tested the G2 much yet, but I have managed to borrow a micro and a modular and those should resemble the G2 a bit. I have had no problems building synths that could do any old modular patch I have tried to recreate. On the other hand, messing about with modules on the Nord gear can be pretty distressing if you have no knowledge of modular synths. It could be a waste of time.. or not. I am trying to save some money for a secondhand Nord thingie myself. You really should try one and decide for yourself. You can get a lot of virtual synths which are very patchable and very easy to learn for the price of the G2. Some of these are extremely good. On the other hand, the G2 has a lot to offer and it comes as a standalone unit which is great for live use.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: