electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Circuit Bending
breadboard version of atari punk console?
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
lipsmack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject:  breadboard version of atari punk console?
Subject description: breadboard version of atari punk console?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does anyone have a diagram on how to do this? I bought the components to do the veroboard one, but I cant find "real" veroboard in my area and want to do this project over my few days off. can anyone help?
Alexander

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-17371.html

Who needs a board for this one, there are more "space wired" versions of this circuit on the web!!

Very Happy

lipsmack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, that is incredibly cool, but I'm still kind of a newbie at this, unable to read a real schematic, and not sure how to wire what wire or pin to what, so a simple diagram would be helpful, if anyone has one. btw, whatever happened with your sk-1 that got coffee spilled on it? thats sad, man.
Alexander

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://compiler.kaustic.net/machines/apc.html

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

You can read this, otherwise try googling some electronic 101! It's a small circuit with common parts!

I don't know never gets you anywhere! I am/was never really good at soldering and recently the sk1 project really forced me to do a clean and precise job, a real good learning experience.

Try getting the parts, use google and build it! Very Happy

amplex

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: it doesnt get much simpler..
Subject description: just follow the very simple schematic

general idea about breadboards: there is a positive and negative(ground) running along rails on both of the long sides of the breadboard. Then there are many 5 slot strips in which the 5 spots make a circuit. If you need more room than 5 slots you can use a jumper or wire to connect to another strip and you put inline components in chains from side to side (like capacitors, resistors, diodes) either from strip to strip or strip to rail.

things to note in the schematic: a circuit trace does not have to follow the same direction as in the schem, as long as it doesnt touch the other traces where it shouldn't the only connections in this picture are made with a . (black dot).

this is a really bad picture but its one way of many to do a stripboard dual 555 apc. Now when I make an APC I use 16pin sockets and just throw 2 555's in next to each other. The lines going to the plus line (positive rail) on the top are connected to the positive on the battery (red wire usually). The lines going down to the minus line (negative or ground) are connected to the negative battery terminal (black wire usually). The far right on the schematic is the output positive, the diagram is missing the negative connection to the output jack (or speaker, headphones, etc), but you just plug the black output wire to the negative rail. the writing on the IC's should be readable for them to be rightside up.

hope this helps! I am an electronics noob and i have built about 5 of these now with little 'mods' like on off switches, leds, volume pots, and normally open pushbutton momentary switches for a manual gate =D theyre pretty easy and fun to make, and sound cool with an efx setup. now I have a bugged WSG and ht8950 modulator in the works. they are slowly building my soldering confidence to be able to do a soundlab or more. good luck to you

image001.jpg
 Description:
blurry picture of a dual 555 apc i had setup on breadboard..
 Filesize:  20.3 KB
 Viewed:  28699 Time(s)

image001.jpg

amplex

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: forgot the main schematic i always use when wiring
Subject description: and also the breadboard layout i have

i put this up on my wall but always have to get it down when I make one of these.. I'm addicted to the simplicity of this toy..

i use 1/4 sheets of the smallest perfboard radio shack sells.. and usually use either 20 awg wire or the breadboard jumper wire to do them.

atari_punk01a_862.jpg
 Description:
this is the schematic i always use
 Filesize:  60.75 KB
 Viewed:  28697 Time(s)

atari_punk01a_862.jpg

breadboard layouy_rs.jpg
 Description:
breadboard layout, this is what you want.. layout is for a 556 though which you can get from radio shack btw..
 Filesize:  98.48 KB
 Viewed:  2408 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

breadboard layouy_rs.jpg

lipsmack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THANK YOU!!!
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Circuit Bending
Jump to: