electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Have Molex .156 PCB mount and much else for trade!
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject:  Have Molex .156 PCB mount and much else for trade! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all. Tonight at work, I prevented a fair quantity of 'write off' stock from heading towards the garbage. This is all new / unused / still packaged stock.

I have (now):

- at least 3,500 x Molex 0.156" 6 pin right angle PCB mount male connectors
- at least 700+ x Molex 0.156" 11 pin straight up PCB mount male connectors
- at least 2,000 of each of the following Poly-??? (styrene, ester, carbonate (Evox brand - the little 1/4" square grey ones) capacitors
-- 0.15uF
-- 15nF
-- 4n7
-- 2n2 (approx. 1,000)
-- 100pF ceramic capacitors (about 500)
-- 220pF ceramic capacitors (about 500)

- 1,000's (sometimes well over 5,000) of many different 5% 1/8th watt resistor values
- 5,000+ 1/2 watt 5.1V zener diodes (1N5231 IIRC)

Photos of the above in their original packaging (250 piece bags for the Molex (REAL Molex) connectors) will be available by tomorrow for anyone that may be interested.

Now please note: I'm not looking to SELL any parts for money and all that stuff. Sad I'm only interested in trades. Smile There are many many different parts that I'd be interested in trading stuff for. I'll see if anyone offers anything of interest in trade for anything, before I type in the long list of things that I'd be interested in trading for.

I've got WAY more of each type of thing that I've brought home than I could ever HOPE to use in my life, in my machine. I'll be reserving 250 of each connector type for myself (life long supply, for me) as well as similar quanitites of every other part.

I wont be going by BOOK prices for any of my parts. Lower than what they're currently listed at.

I haven't gone through all of the resistors and diodes yet, but there are 1% values of resistors (1/8th watt) as well.

Finally - I would rather NOT put things up for sale on e-Bay. I'd rather be able to trade to others on this forum, who could make good use out of things that I may have, in this huge pile, that you need. Smile

Also - just remembered this one - I have just over 600 of the TDA8444 - octal 6 bit DAC (16 pin DIP).
Does anyone know of anywhere that this chip has been used? Which of the DACs is operational is determined by 3 bits. The input is in Serial fashion as well. (I'd play with them if I had ANY experience with DAC chips. I don't ....
urbanscallywag

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Have Molex .156 PCB mount and much else for trade! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rykhaard wrote:
Also - just remembered this one - I have just over 600 of the TDA8444 - octal 6 bit DAC (16 pin DIP).
Does anyone know of anywhere that this chip has been used? Which of the DACs is operational is determined by 3 bits. The input is in Serial fashion as well. (I'd play with them if I had ANY experience with DAC chips. I don't ....

That DAC is interesting, it has a wide supply range (so much stuff is 0-5V). If you used a 5.333V reference (like a 303 or x0xb0x) you could get semitone (0.08333V) steps from 0V to 5.333V. So 5 and a third octaves. You could build a sequencer or a MIDI->CV box. Could be a fun project. Very Happy
urbanscallywag

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At first I figured the 303/x0xb0x DAC was better because it just uses resistors, but I forgot there were 8 DACs in that chip. This would be good to make an analog polysynth!
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey ...... now you've caught my interest in this! Very Happy But ..... NEVER having worked with DACs - where do I go for a 'How To'? It's datasheet and work it out from there myself, or is there an easier way?
Thinking on it - if I could come up with something that others could use as well - heck, I've got the chip - a PLENTY! Shocked Smile
urbanscallywag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'll need a microcontroller that supports the two wire serial interface I2C (i squared c). Most any PIC or AVR (Atmel calls it TWI) will have this. You will probably be able to use one of their application notes to have the microcontroller talking to the DAC. From there its a matter of designing a sequencer or MIDI -> CV device around the I2C DAC.

I2C is a fairly complicated serial protocol. The amount of digital logic to implement it would be mind boggling. Like enough to fill a CPLD or small FPGA, so I think a micro is your only choice.
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doh! And I haven't done any studying (never did get to programming) of assembler code since the mid 90's when I was self-studying 6800, 6809, 6502 and 6510 books. And I barely played with C++ a couple of years ago.

I think that could leave me out of playing with micro's as possibly required then, to play with this DAC. Sad

Oh well. Thanks for cluing me in here though. Smile
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Jump to: