electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Desperate and in need of help...
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Hyde

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Desperate and in need of help... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys - me again. I own a Micro and have a small collection (200) of patches that I use extensively for playing live and recording. They are mostly bizarre noise patches that I use in conjunction with IR MIDI controllers. I have created some of my own but mostly they are patches other people submitted or variants thereof as I am not as good as you guys at modular synthesis (although I AM trying and learning). I am on a Mac system with both 10.3.x and 9 OS's.

I got my Engine with Expansion Board last week and figured I could bounce back and forth between the old Editor and new Editor and recompile the old patches into new ones. The problem is (as I'm sure you've all found out) that MOST of the modules are named something completely different and most of the NEW modules have extra buttons, knobs, plugins, etc. so it's making it VERY DIFFICULT to find the corresponding OLD modules from Editor 3.03. Alot of them appear to be missing altogether.

I'm stuck because I can't even recompile 2 of my old patches in my new Engine (even though I know it's MORE than capable) because Clavia has made the new modules alot more complex. Hrmph.

I DESPERATELY need these patches and don't want to lose them as several are an integral part of my 'sound'. Here is what I propose to the senior (and more knowledgeable) members of this forum:

I would be MORE than willing to pay someone to try and recompile these for me. There aren't many and I could lose a few if I had to. I would send you a .zip or .sit file with the old patches and send you the money when you are done and then you could send the new G2 patches back

or:

If somebody here could make some kind of Module Comparison or Equation Chart that would spell out for us noobs what the OLD modules WERE called and what NEW module would be the most comparable; i.e.:

OLD 'Audio In' is NOW '2-In1' or '2 Inputs'

I mean - where are the LFO Slaves? Where is half the stuff that made up my old patches? None of the modules look ANYTHING like the new modules and I KNOW that the G2X has got to be able to replicate ANYTHING the old Micro did and do it 10 times better. Sorry - just frustrated. I don't want to use the Micro anymore because it's severly limited and booting into Mac OS 9 is a PAIN. The ONLY reason I even keep it around is because of the Micro. I want to try to convert my old patches and sell the Micro on eBay. It's too bad Clavia never supported it with OSX. I DO, however, like the sound and capabilities and new FX modules in my G2X Engine and hope musicians of the world will build the Patch List to 36,000+ for the G2 like they did for the original Nord Mods (fingers crossed).

Anyone willing to help? Is it even possible? If you want - I could post an example of one of these 'noise' patches so you can kinda get an idea of what I need replicated.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why don't you post the example here. We should be able to help you piece it together. I have both a micro and a G2. I also want to convert some patches, but it is a fairly time consuming task.
You are correct that every function (essentially) on the classic NM can be duplicated on the G2, it might not sound exactly the same. Of course every time I rewrite a patch, I end up improving it. e.g. you will probably want to add effects and also take advantage of the improved control architecture.
It will be a good exercise for you to learn what the modules do, then you will be better at making your own patches or customizing them.

As great as the G2 is, I won't get rid of my micro. It's so portable, it's extremely handy to have around as a little noise machine. And to play some of my favorite sounds that I haven't gotten around to converting.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are unfortunately, some modules useful modules that haven't yet been offered on the G2, such as the Fixed Filter Bank. (I don't remember exactly what it was called in the G1).

I sympathize with you, but the micro is so portable why not just keep it in your kit until you get enough patches developed for the G2 that you no longer need it. Load it with the patches you need and think of it as a little black (or should I say red) box that just does its thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: