electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Synth
MKS505
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: MKS505 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No such thing as a MKS505, I was doing the 50, got nearly to the end and realised that (contrary to what I had assumed) the Pulse and Saw DCO's could not be detuned. So this is an MKS50 where the two DCO's can be detuned. A switch on the Osc page allows them to be locked for reproducing the original sounds. I think I have all the oddball waves implemented with the exception of the 6th Saw variation (it required an extra Osc and I wanted 6 voices)
Not sure about the ratios for waves 3/4 and 5/6 1:3 and 1:6 sounds good but it might be 1:4 and 1:8.
The ADDSR is a pretty close counterpart to the original EG.
Afrokid posted his totally awesome "what the.." patch which sounds "..ing good". I hope he don't mind that I borrowed his chorus, it is much better than the default for this vintage sound. Early chorus effects used 'bucket brigade' or 8bit companding technology. So I added a compressor/lowpass/distortion in an attempt to simulate early-mid 80's technology.
One discovery of note, the Ver 1.22 clock divider seems purpose built for doing Roland style sub octaves. I thought that the new mode retained the duty cycle of the input but what it actually does, is 'AND gate' the output with the next higher divisor. This always gives a 25% pulse and the output is anti-aliased when driven by an audio signal (to a degree).
Got to get some sleep now, early flight, taking the kids to see their first snow in Queenstown. Back in a couple of days.

MKS505.pch2
 Description:
MKS50+ Roland Polysynth

Download
 Filename:  MKS505.pch2
 Filesize:  3.85 KB
 Downloaded:  2237 Time(s)

Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally got the chance to try this one out. It's nice! I like the obscure waveforms and the addsr envelope. You can do some interesting things with it. And no I don't mind you using my chorus. If it works, go for it! Smile
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Synth
Jump to: