electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Impressionistic nu-classic cubist shark picklers
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Impressionistic nu-classic cubist shark picklers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings comrades

I was reading the other day about Mosc's intention in running the site of developing a musical movement, the equivalent of e.g. the impressionists in art. I was curious to learn members' thoughts on how this might be achieved, i.e. whether you feel this may occur spontaneously, just through the interaction of the musicians, or whether you feel this could be more proactively nurtured through planned activities.

Such activities might include encouraging collaborations between artists, remixes/reinterpretations, or submitting a piece of music as a starting point and challenging other musicians to submit further pieces which they feel are related. Perhaps each member could submit an interpretation of a specified external piece, for example, a classical piece, explaining how they feel their price interprets or develops the original - I think the results would be highly intriguing.

Another thought I had was a sort of community compilation. At its simplest, this could be an m3u playlist available for download. At its most advanced, clearly this could be a commercial album. This could end up as the site becoming some kind of record label! Definitely quite an interesting idea....

Um, yeah so, add some posts developing, expanding or refuting these suggestions. Go crazy!

Cheers

Dovdimus

PS My new avatar is one of my personal idols. If you can name him, you get an honorary degree from Miskatonic!

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Impressionistic nu-classic cubist shark picklers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dovdimus Prime wrote:
My new avatar is one of my personal idols. If you can name him, you get an honorary degree from Miskatonic!

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Question
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooh Seraph, you're a long way off...
FaceDancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lovecraft
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The H.P one? Not the dude that does the towels at the Ritz?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good work Facedancer!

Lovecraft is the absolute boy.

How about some comments on my questions regarding a musical community???

FaceDancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No lovecraft is more interesting Smile

in fact this kind of community could be very interesting.
i'm not a musician, i work with video and photo.
So if this kind of community need a visual, in that case i will be more concerned.

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will get to commenting on the community as soon as all these technical problems are fixed and we get moved over to the new server. I'm just too swamped right now, unfortunately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, there are actually some older threads where this has been discussed.... somewhere. I am busy too... but hang in there.. we might pick this one up again .. hopefully soon.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did notice the thread about the community compilation CD - which is obviously a must-do idea. But differences of opinion are blocking this from happening. We need to think of a way around this.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess the whole idea has kinda evolved since then and many of the obstacles are probably gone. But we still have financing and distribution.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: