electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Ken Stone designs - CGS
Where are you getting your "L" brackets to mount your PCBs?
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
valis

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Where are you getting your "L" brackets to mount your PCBs? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello All,

I've gone around town looking for tiny "L" shaped brackets to secure my PCBs to their panels but I haven't had any luck. The problem is compounded by the fact that I'm not really sure what they're called and when I search "L shaped brackets" with Mouser and other such companies I don't get any results (or too many results).

What I want is the tiny screws and "L" bracket that you get from kits like Paia and see on many modules.I feel a tad dumb asking this question but it's something I've been searching for. Any point in the right direction would be tremendously helpful. I've been bending tiny pieces of metal and drilling a hole in it to brace my PCBs and it's a hassle.

Thanks for your time. Sorry it's such a mundane noob question..

David
e-grad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just have ordered some at Bridechamber:
http://www.bridechamber.com/bridechamber.com/Brackets.html
BananaPlug

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think maybe it's these little Ls that Valis is looking for. Me too.

pcbmount.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.79 KB
 Viewed:  13071 Time(s)

pcbmount.jpg

numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mouser part# 534-612 (one hole threaded) or 534-621 (both threaded, 4/40).
zthee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you're using CGS boards you can do a frame for them. And then just attach the frame to the back of the panel. 4 screws right thru is all it needs!

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could/ can also use Mecanno angle brackets Idea

meccano angle brackets.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.05 KB
 Viewed:  13047 Time(s)

meccano angle brackets.png

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
valis

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks so much for the replies everyone. You've all been tremendously helpful. This is one of those subjects that I knew there had to be an easy solution to, yet I couldn't find it no matter how many forums I dug through. Thanks again, your posts will make my life easier..

-David
Fernando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, the frame idea is great, similar to Serge
zthee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fernando wrote:
hey, the frame idea is great, similar to Serge

I've built 4 more of those now, and have to say I really like the construction. Using hinges when attaching it to the front panel makes everything very easy to handle as well. Just flip it open and wire the backside.

CJ Miller

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zthee wrote:
I've built 4 more of those now, and have to say I really like the construction. Using hinges when attaching it to the front panel makes everything very easy to handle as well. Just flip it open and wire the backside.

Nice frames indeed!

Another standoff option is the hinged variety. I had no idea that there was any such thing until I bought an old lab circuit where the board folded out for calibration. The top two standoffs were straight, and the bottom two were hinged. I don't have part numbers but they are still made.
zthee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The hinges can be found on mouser: http://se.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtzcnMBgC2bs6h1FzmPjSsviG4WZyreP18%3d
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zthee wrote:
The hinges can be found on mouser: http://se.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtzcnMBgC2bs6h1FzmPjSsviG4WZyreP18%3d

Wow, these are great. Thanks for posting this.
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Ken Stone designs - CGS
Jump to: