electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » How-tos
Making gates in Reaktor
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
liamcarey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Making gates in Reaktor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone know how to make a midi triggered gate in reaktor5? I'm new to this programme, and have been having a lot of fun with it, but now i've come unstuck.

I'm using skrewell as a random sound generator, but i only want the sound to come thru when i hit a drum pad. I'm thinking that a gate of some sort would do this, but so far i can only make gates that are either sequenced or oscillator controlled.

Or perhaps how to trigger an ADSR envelope that controls the main volume output? Would that do the same job?

Either way, if anyone has any advice on this one, i'd be very grateful to hear from them.

Thanks, Liam
leoleox

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Liam,
You should use a midi gate (you can find it in: built in module -> MIDI in -> gate) and a envelope (built in module -> LFO/Envelope...). Then you should connect the gate to the G input of the envelope generator and the envelope output to a multiply module (built in module>math...) or two if you have a stereo signal.
I also recommend to set the modules you use to mono.

Immagine 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.95 KB
 Viewed:  2782 Time(s)

Immagine 1.png

liamcarey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes - that's exactly what i was after. it works perfectly. thank you very much leoleox
alex.pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

another question to midi gates:
for using the computer keyboard as input source, i have to use a midi gate, correct?

i need two buttons of the keyboard (for example the letters D and K) to be analyzed separately, so that the number of hits of a button can be output as a sine wave with certain pitch (depending on the numbers of hits that are converted into frequency) on the left channel only and the other button's sine wave on the right channel only.

how can i realize the separate analyzing of the two buttons? (letter D's hits and letter K's hits analyzed separately, and D's resulting sine wave being output only left and K's resulting sine wave being output only right)
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos
Jump to: