electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Call for Artists - electro-music 2009
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Call for Artists - electro-music 2009 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are pleased to announce electro-music 2009(TM), the world's premiere event for experimental electronic music.
This three day conference/music festival will be held at the Star Lake Camp in Bloomingdale, New Jersey, October 29 - 31, 2009. The program will include three full days of concerts, seminars, demonstrations, and jam sessions. Now in it's fifth year, we expect this to be the biggest and best electro-music event ever!

The scope of this festival is very broad, covering all aspects of electro-music: experimental electronic music, circuit bending, computer music, electro-jazz, modular synthesis, musique concrete, improvisation, algorithmic composition, multi-media, visual art and much more. The focus will be on participant involvement, sharing, community development, audience education, and great music.

You can actively participate in electro-music 2009 by performing music or visuals, giving a seminar, workshop, or demonstration, joining the jam sessions, or by volunteering to help with various tasks. Please visit the web site for instructions on how to participate:
http://event.electro-music.com/

Unfortunately we do not have any funds to provide compensation for artists, or to pay for travel expenses. Artists who want to attend the festival (in addition to performing) will need to purchase tickets. Available ticket packages include food and lodging for one or three days.

Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kewl. I would like to set up a demonstration table for ChucK and guitar music.

This will feature my 6GB of collected ChucK works on my eMac and netbook (availabe for all) plus DJ and my collaborative guitar invention: the electric guitar without pickups (just magnets under the strings and a transformer).

It will be LOUD as I plan to pump the ChucK into the guitar amp and then there is the guitar available for any guitarists who happen to pass by, of course. I could tame the amp down to a tolerable level, or perhaps do an outside venue where LOUDNESS is more acceptable?

So where do I belong in the greater scheme of things?

Les

Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
It will be LOUD as I plan to pump the ChucK into the guitar amp and then there is the guitar available for any guitarists who happen to pass by, of course. I could tame the amp down to a tolerable level, or perhaps do an outside venue where LOUDNESS is more acceptable?

The noise jam gets pretty loud.
Quote:
So where do I belong in the greater scheme of things?
Les

The demos get scheduled after the acceptances go out. There may be a maillist at some point; I can't remember if there was one every year.

To do a scheduled demo or to volunteer, an email to event@electro-music.com would be a good idea.

See you in October!

egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

REMINDER - the deadline is the end of June, so be sure to get your application in if you want to participate!

http://event.electro-music.com/HowToParticipate.php

NEOREV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think i jumped the gun and responded to the application way in advance... hope you guys still have my app. would love to play this year. will have my album printed and ready for this event. from what Bill told me, sounds like a great time.
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry NEOREV, I have your application.
Kurt Michaels

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:
REMINDER - the deadline is the end of June, so be sure to get your application in if you want to participate!

Thanks Greg...I wanna !!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greg
I would like to contribute to artwork if Imay .
m

egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To contribute artwork, just send me your image files. These might be used for the sampler CD, program, t-shirts, logo, etc. Please only send images for which you own the copyright (or public domain).
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

REMINDER - tomorrow (June 30) is the last day to apply for a performance spot at electro-music 2009. If you want to perform (or give a seminar), go here:

You don't have to register now if you want to participate by joining the jam sessions or giving a demo. Tickets for overnight stay will be available until the end of September. Daily passes will be available at the door. Tickets can be ordered here:
http://electro-music.com/catalog/forums.html/cPath/13_55

Based on the applications received already, we are going to have a fantastic lineup this year! In the next few weeks we will announce the list of artists.

mtvic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Greg
Is there a deadline for artwork e.g. end of August?
m

egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

End of August sounds about right.
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some time ago I created some video using POV-Ray. Here is one example:

http://www.freedomodds.com/music/movies/tornado5.MPG

I can render that for any reasonable length of time and screen resolution if it would be helpful for the event. Or if someone has a fast machine, they could render it in a small fraction of the time. All you need is freeware POV-Ray which is cross-platform to Mac, PC, and Linux. My machine is about 1/5 the speed of a single modern processor and now POV-Ray supports multiprocessing, so someone with a decent quad could render the video in 1/20th the time. That's a day instead of a month. Whatever. Just let me know.

Les

mtvic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greg,
Nice !
That gives me some time to work on something .

m

Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: