electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Synth
Patch based on MOTM cloud oscillator.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Patch based on MOTM cloud oscillator. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the spirit of one up man ship, it has 9 oscillators, each with 5 wave choices. And it is polyphonic.
The chaos description was a little vague, so I just put in a Rnd module.

The original MOTM seems to be a DCO, glad to see the old prejudices breaking down.

Cloud9.pch2
 Description:
Patch based on MOTM cloud oscillator.

Download
 Filename:  Cloud9.pch2
 Filesize:  2.96 KB
 Downloaded:  2402 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very impressed with the speed of posting this patch, Ian. Even double impressed considering the time of day difference our there in NZ.

Anyhow, this turns to an interesting circuit, even more flexible than the MOTM oscillator, see http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-3384.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup.. amazing! Well done!

I looked at the pix posted in that other thread by Howard. The patch delivers a "module" that is pretty functional and seems a lot more advanced than the MOTM module. But how does this sound?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
ian-s

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Had some time to kill before the 10AM showing of Shreck 2. Eden & Jack had a great time, running around in front of the screen. Lucky the theater has practically empty.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
But how does this sound?

Yikes, I don't think it sounds all that intersting. Maybe someone who actually likes this will record some music and post it. If nobody does, then I'll take a shot at it. I probalby just don't know what to do with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm.. I have ideas.. but I would have to rework this into something that will run on the NM1.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, that was quite fast Ian!

IMHO you can get more interesting results if you change the spread range to maximum by changing the pitch inputs to intervals of 32 instead of 16 and selecting the 1oct button. Then it sounds very much like the additive synth that ships with Reaktor 4. The chaos mod sounds really crazy at these high ranges too.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, in the spirit of starting something wacky, I did a little improv with this patch. I did this recording in real time, just changing the variation buttons. I'm not claiming this is brilliant or anything, but improvising on the synth is what I enjoy doing the most, so I thought this situation calls for something. I hope others will follow suit.

Edit: BTW, I used audacity for this. Worked great, recording, normalizing and writing to mp3. It's great for little projects like this. http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-3334.html

cloud-osc.mp3
 Description:
Cloud Osc

Copyright 2004 by Howard Moscovitz
Patch by Ian Sayer

Download
 Filename:  cloud-osc.mp3
 Filesize:  5.43 MB
 Downloaded:  2571 Time(s)

ian-s

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Howard, that actualy makes it sound more interesting than I thought.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Synth
Jump to: