electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
AnteAter
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
AnteAter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: AnteAter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, I'm AnteAter and I thought it might be a good idea to post a few of my tracks to get some honest feedback. Not necessarily my best work, but definately the most complete.

The first, "M.O.G.74" is a swirling mess of melodies and beats which ends with a huf trumpet fanfare.

The second, "OKOKOK", is one of my harshest tracks, quite drum and bass I suppose but very random at the same time.

The third, "Calling All All", seems to be most people's favourite. It has a poppy synth melody that contrasts with jerky, glitchy beats.

http://www.theblackhelicopters.co.uk - get them there. They are in the bottom frame of the page. As you can see I took over my now defunct band's website. Razz

Cheers guys, I look forward to hearing from you all.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to our forum. Nice to have you here.

I went to your site and listened to M.O.G.74. Sounds good, reminds me a little bit of Telafon Tel Aviv. Maybe the same organ timbre.

You might not get a lot of people downloading wma files. Thyy sound good but they can't be streamed so people often pass on them rather then waiting for a download.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey mate

I'm downloading one of your tunes but as Mosc pointed out it ain't mp3. This means I don't know if it will go on my walkman, which means it ain't gonna get much eartime.

Give us some nice mp3s instead!!

AnteAter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I'll get round to doing that soon I guess. The reason I did them as wma was that they were mastered in soundforge, which has no mp3 encoder. I'll have to get a plugin or something I suppose...
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AnteAter wrote:
I'll have to get a plugin or something I suppose...

When you are on Windows maybe have a look at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm it's free.

Jan.
Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, my walkman seems to accept wma files just fine, although I think there may be a general benefit to you to encode to mp3, as it is the lingua franca of audio compression...!

I have listened to M.O.G. 74 and I think it is outstanding!!! Cool

I can't wait to download the others and listen to them. When I do, I'll post up some more detailed thoughts.

Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great stuff.
I liked all the contrasting sounds and rhythms.
OKOK is my favorite, but the are all very "entertaining" Very Happy

BTW I could not play it from my Opera Browser.
I too prefer MP3, so I can play it in the iTunes player.
It keep's everything easily organised.
Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think all this stuff is fab. Calling All All is the least interesting to me, in the sense that it sounds more or less indistinguishable from some stuff by Aphex Twin. I love Aphex and this is a great track, it's just not as unique as the other two. The trumpet sample/tune at the end is a bit annoying for me as well.

OKOKOK is good. I like all the percussion - it's all really well done.

My favourite one is still MOG74 which as I mentioned above I think is outstanding. Staggering, in fact - truly beautiful. I love the effect created by the rolling kicks, really simple but really good. The melodies are amazing, and the organ sound and tune combine to remind me of the 'incidental' music you get when you go into church before a sermon. The trumpet fanfare at the end is fantastic - really powerful.

Please post more when you've got it! Very Happy

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: