electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » How-tos » Ambiophonic Sound Reproduction
AmbiophonicDSP VST Plugin Now Available
Page 6 of 7 [156 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scherbakov.al wrote:
Mac OS!

Not yet, but I've been working on it. I bought a Mac just for the purpose. If you have any satisfactory way(s) to run Windows VSTs it will probably work, but so far I've not had any luck.

Any ideas or suggestions?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scherbakov.al

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer. Will wait)
joehung99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Where to download AmbiophonicDSP? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

idm wrote:
escarabajo wrote:
Hi
I ordered the plugin two days ago, payed with Paypal, and didn't received any link, download instructions, no email responses, is this ok? I have to wait more?

Have you recieved your order?

I ordered 5 days ago, and still no correspondence whatsoever, only confirmation from Paypal. I understand that on the web page it states a few days, how many more or how much longer is needed?

Hello, idm,

How long do you recieved your order?

I have ordered it on July 4, and until now, I still have not receive download link or anything @@
permalare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are there any possibility to have a 64 bit version?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

permalare wrote:
Are there any possibility to have a 64 bit version?

Why is that necessary? The currant release works well on any Windows version. Please explain...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
permalare

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The reason I ask is that if I try to use the VST plugin in Cubase or Wavelab I get the message that only 64-bit versions is allowed.
AngryHog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Would love to download Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordered 4 days ago and other than a confirmation email of the order and PayPal payment, haven't received anything regarding a download. Anxious to try this one out as I've used a few other ambiophonic plugins with decent results.

Thanks!
AngryHog
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

permalare wrote:
The reason I ask is that if I try to use the VST plugin in Cubase or Wavelab I get the message that only 64-bit versions is allowed.

I'm hearing this from a couple of other folks. There is a program called jBridge that will handle that. Unfortunately it is about $16 last I looked. We may have a 64 bit version in the future but I can't promise a date. I will update the page on the store to warn people. If you want a refund, please let me know by sending a PM to me, mosc.

There is a neat little free program called Savihost that will allow you to run this on a 64 bit system. I use it all the time for listening. Here is a link to Savihost:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

Also, you might try Reaper. It has a built-in bridge so 32 bit VSTs work fine. The free audio editor program Audacity also will work with this plugin.

Last edited by mosc on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Would love to download Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AngryHog wrote:
Ordered 4 days ago and other than a confirmation email of the order and PayPal payment, haven't received anything regarding a download. Anxious to try this one out as I've used a few other ambiophonic plugins with decent results.

Sorry for the delay. You should have email by now. I would be interested in your experience with our plugin.

AngryHog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Got it! Will use it for my car. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Howard! I got it.

I'm a car stereo competitor in Sound Quality for IASCA. After amassing dozens of trophies, I've taken the past 2 years off to design and build a completely new (and likely unseen) system based on a computer and ambiophonics. I've done a few rough tests with speaker placement and although not as ideal as a living room setup, I can still get decent results that will surely impress most people. Since early reflections off the side windows would be disastrous to what I'm trying to accomplish, I'm using a set of planar speakers for the front image which have wide horizontal dispersion and narrow vertical dispersion, but installing them with a 90-degree rotation. Their dispersion properties (once rotated) coupled with their broad frequency response (rated 700-20khz...I'm trying to push them down to 500hz) should hopefully bode well. I'm mounting them centered on the driver in the dash and am contemplating a 2nd set in the rear for panambiophonic. My midwoofers in the doors will be time-aligned to the driver's seat.

The carPC is already installed and functioning perfectly using Audiomulch for all audio manipulation and routing. VST plugins provide me everything I could ever need (time alignment, crossovers, EQ, etc) and a miniDSP DAC provides the audio and sounds fantastic. Mp3 files are strictly forbidden in my vehicle. I can do 16/44khz up to 24/192khz.

Why ambiophonics in the car? The SQ judging in IASCA is based on the center audio emanating from the center of the vehicle (not the center of the listener), which is NOT what ambiophonics does. However, by panning the source slightly right prior to ambio processing, all "center" sounds will be output as "right of center" in my system, placing the center image in the center of the vehicle. This should allow me to score well, but be easily adjustable back to "center of driver's seat" for my day-to-day listening. Also, more points are given for wider soundstages and well-defined imaging, which my in-home ambio setup excels at. So ambiophonic's benefits align nicely with the judging criteria.

I'm hoping your plugin can provide me the adjustability I need to dial in my setup, once complete. If all goes well, my first competition will be March 2018. Hopefully it will work well and perhaps enlighten people who favor themselves as audiophiles on what they are missing in their music.

Sorry for rambling on but I've been planning this for well over a year and this is probably the first time I've actually laid it all out in written form. I'm just a little excited about the possibilities. Smile

-AngryHog
drobinson22222

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordered the VST three days ago. Still waiting.
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could send howard (mosc) a pm to speed things up a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drobinson22222

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I will give that a try.
Bliman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have bought the Ambiophonics DSP and still haven't received it. What must I do now?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry you are haven't received the link to our FTP server. We are having serious problems with our store. I have tried to fix it but no luck so far so I sent you a zip file via email to the address you registered with on this site. If you haven't received it or have any other problems with this, please let me know by posting here.
Bliman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Sorry you are haven't received the link to our FTP server. We are having serious problems with our store. I have tried to fix it but no luck so far so I sent you a zip file via email to the address you registered with on this site. If you haven't received it or have any other problems with this, please let me know by posting here.

Thank you.
I have received it. For the module is it correct you only receive a dll of 1.1 megabyte?
Thank you for helping me. Hopefully I can try it tomorrow.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Thank you.
I have received it. For the module is it correct you only receive a dll of 1.1 megabyte?

You are very patient, thank you.

Yes, that's it. Let me know if you have any more difficulties.

Bliman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Quote:

Thank you.

You are very patient, thank you.

Yes, that's it. Let me know if you have any more difficulties.

Thank you for solving it.
Yes everything is working. For me the method of a wall (plywood for now) between the speakers is working much better.
But we are still trying to work things out.
Thanks for checking.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bliman wrote:

Yes everything is working. For me the method of a wall (plywood for now) between the speakers is working much better.
Thanks for checking.

I think the wall method is unbeatable but it is inconvenient. I once tried to build a hat-like thingie but that was so cumbersome that I gave up. I probably should have made a youtube video just for a laugh.

Edgar Choueiri at Princeton has a system that sounds very good. You might want to contact him. I've heard it in the anachoic chamber in his lab. I believe his stuff is probably the "gold standard" but I'm pretty shure it is MacOS only. I assume you have already looked into this.

https://innovation.princeton.edu/news/edgar-choueiri-bacchtm-3d-sound

Bliman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Bliman wrote:

Thanks for checking.

I think the wall method is unbeatable but it is inconvenient. I once tried to build a hat-like thingie but that was so cumbersome that I gave up. I probably should have made a youtube video just for a laugh.

Edgar Choueiri at Princeton has a system that sounds very good. You might want to contact him. I've heard it in the anachoic chamber in his lab. I believe his stuff is probably the "gold standard" but I'm pretty shure it is MacOS only. I assume you have already looked into this.

https://innovation.princeton.edu/news/edgar-choueiri-bacchtm-3d-sound

Thank you very much for the suggestion and I will look at it.
The problem is when is the sound realistic and when is it to much?
I hear much difference between the plywood and the dsp version.
Take for example comfortably numb (maybe recorded in another way but that is besides the point) from Pink Floyd.
With the plywood I hear the door knocking and voice (time to go at the beginning of the voice) almost completely to my left ear a distance away so at 0 degrees (with my left ear as 0 degrees).
If I do the same with the dsp I hear the same part of the song in the front to the far left. So totally different.
Now I don't know which is the most realistic. Now this is an extreme case every record sound different with different soundstage and such.
So that makes it difficult to judge.
STC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="mosc"]
Bliman wrote:

Hi Howard,
I have been using AmbiophonicsDSP for a long time. Could you please let me know how exactly the “Space” knob works? Is it some sort of feedback?

Thank you.
Bliman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="STC"]
mosc wrote:
Bliman wrote:

Hi Howard,
I have been using AmbiophonicsDSP for a long time. Could you please let me know how exactly the “Space” knob works? Is it some sort of feedback?

Thank you.

I wish I could help you. I only have the user guide (it would be great if their was a guide to setup everything just correctly).
"
Space – emphasis of spa�ality and ambience, typically present in classical recordings but needed most in pop music, while not affec�ng widening. Range: 0~10; increasing from no effect fully CCW (0) to maximum effect fully CW (10).
"
You also can look at the ambiophonics.org website for more information.
I hope this helps.
STC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Bliman"]
STC wrote:
mosc wrote:
Bliman wrote:

Hi Howard,

Thank you.

I wish I could help you. I only have the user guide (it would be great if their was a guide to setup everything just correctly).
"
Space – emphasis of spa�ality and ambience, typically present in classical recordings but needed most in pop music, while not affec�ng widening. Range: 0~10; increasing from no effect fully CCW (0) to maximum effect fully CW (10).
"
You also can look at the ambiophonics.org website for more information.
I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I actually prefer to leave the space at 10 for all genres. That gives me the most accurate tonality compared to stereo listening. I am just wanted to know how this function is implemented.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About the space control. You can look at it as sort of a blend control that causes the delays to accept mostly the uncorrelated signal derived from a M/S of the input. I also always use at at 10 but a few don't like it, so I put the control in.

As for the correct settings; I use the pop settings for everything. Why is it called pop? It's historical, the compromise from an argument between friends years ago. If I were to rename the presets it would be called Howard and the classical preset would be called Robin. It's all personal preferece and we all have different ear/brains.

I use the Beatles Love album as a reference source; others will uses something else.

STC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
About the space control. You can look at it as sort of a blend control that causes the delays to accept mostly the uncorrelated signal derived from a M/S of the input. I also always use at at 10 but a few don't like it, so I put the control in.

As for the correct settings; I use the pop settings for everything. Why is it called pop? It's historical, the compromise from an argument between friends years ago. If I were to rename the presets it would be called Howard and the classical preset would be called Robin. It's all personal preferece and we all have different ear/brains.

I use the Beatles Love album as a reference source; others will uses something else.

Thank you for the reply, Howard.

Space at 10 sounds to me to give correct tonal balance. But I think the cancellation is not as good as when the space is set to zero.

ST
Page 6 of 7 [156 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos » Ambiophonic Sound Reproduction
Jump to: