electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
Trip-tastic IDM styled breakbeats
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Blue Box

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Trip-tastic IDM styled breakbeats Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all, first time poster, long time Reason user. Just finished a breakbeat track and curious to see what others make of it. This one's the craziest thing ive made to date, wierdness abounds, yet i was shooting for something that still had enough punch to rock any dancefloor. Does this work? Any and all comments appreciated. And ohya, this was made completely with Reason 2.5.

Cyber Ants - www.soundclick.com/bands/7/blueboxmusic.htm

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Blue Box.

We have Blue Hell here too, and several Reason users. There's a Reason forum just for you guys - sounds reasonable doens't it?

Seriously, I like your track. I don't know how people would dig it on the dance floor though. You'll have to try it there. If dance music would develop in the IDM style, I'd be pretty happy, because it will evolve into abstract music. If people started dancing to abstract music, I would be very pleased and amazed. But when I go to clubs I don't see people interested in anything but the decendants of disco. It seems that dance music is used to support the mateing rituals - move in sexually suggestive ways and if you pass the muster I'll take the next step towards the ultimate objective.

Anyway, glad you joined our forum. Hope to see you around...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
There's a Reason forum just for you guys - sounds reasonable doens't it?

Hi Blue Box welcome I am a long time Reason user too and I love it Exclamation Howard, what forum are you talking about Question

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... OK.. so there is supposed to be a Reason forum here somewhere... that sounds reasonable.. but I cannot quite compute where it is.

Yeah, and that reminds me of... guys.. where is that Pol Pot emoticon?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gosh, I'm embarassed... Embarassed

There is not Reason forum. There could be if anyone thought it would be of use. I don't know if Reason users share patches or anything. I guess I just got confused and made the entire forum up. Shocked

It does sound reasonable though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
If dance music would develop in the IDM style, I'd be pretty happy, because it will evolve into abstract music.

Please, please, someone tell me what on earth IDM is!!! I keep reading about it on here, I've never heard of it anywhere else! If it's some dance thing I'm amazed if Ive never heard of it..... is it a term we don't use in the UK?

Abaddon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dovdimus Prime wrote:
mosc wrote:
If dance music would develop in the IDM style, I'd be pretty happy, because it will evolve into abstract music.

Please, please, someone tell me what on earth IDM is!!! I keep reading about it on here, I've never heard of it anywhere else! If it's some dance thing I'm amazed if Ive never heard of it..... is it a term we don't use in the UK?

*clears throat*

“Though the explanation of the abbreviation is not certain (some people use Intelligent Dance Music, while others use Industrial Dance Music) the style was mainly created by aphex twin and the rest of the WARP crew. IDM is a style with a lot of subtle sounds and changes, mainly built on organic sounds. IDM artists experiment a lot with sounds and effects. While the D in IDM stands for Dance, a lot of IDM music is not really dance-music, but music to listen to” (Stefan Koopmanschap, May 26, 00).

My music is mostly ambient/IDM if that could clue you in. Smile

Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Extraordinary! IDM stands for precisely the sort of electronic music I've been into for about 10 years, but I've never heard the term before!!!

Laughing

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dovster, check out his thread for some talk about IDM and it has some links... http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-537.html
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right... that one.,.. hey.. that is like ages ago...

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Abaddon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually Electronicscene.com has a lot of great IDM, even better now that they let people start joining again. Exclamation
Blue Box

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, i totally forgot i had a thread up here. but uh ya, 1 track review, forum confusion, and even some IDM Q&A. Pretty neat, thats some wierd thread evolution. Anyhoo, thanks if any of ya besides mosc listened to the track. And mosc, I agree totally, the majority of "dance" music is shit (with the exception of some D&B), the majority of clubs are lame, and ya, the majority of its listeners have really cheesy tastes. But eh, leaves plenty of room for improvement rigth? Thats where im trying to come in at least.
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Trip-tastic IDM styled breakbeats Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Box wrote:
And ohya, this was made completely with Reason 2.5.

Cyber Ants - www.soundclick.com/bands/7/blueboxmusic.htm

I had not listened to it but I did after listening to Love Letter. It's a good one but the other one excels Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
System II

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this tune sounds interesting,
will check it out 2nite and let ya know what i think.

a.vanvranken

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

man I love IDM but I wish it stood for something else. It's sort of a silly term. I feel silly sometimes when I use the term.
System II

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Liked this tune alot,
excellent production and original experimental style.
have u heard of www.electroalliance.net ?
u should post this there, rekon alot of djs there would like this.

Blue Box

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
man I love IDM but I wish it stood for something else. It's sort of a silly term. I feel silly sometimes when I use the term.

haha, for real man. Intelligent Dance Music. WTF?! Kind of a lame label for a music genre but *shrugs* guess were stuck with it. And thanks for the comments Seraph and System II, glad you all are diggin this. And great call on the forum, ill post my track up there shortly. Peace.

Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: