electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Kansas City Electro-Music Festival 2010
Page 3 of 6 [135 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
krkr

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: I'll Be There Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been talking to Kevin about coming since last year -- I'm definitely going to be there. Count me in for performing and demo (if there's interest in an instructional demo).
kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look forward to having you at the festival, Kip!
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great Kip! I have added you to the list of performers as well! Very Happy
dburgan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds very cool - I'd love to participate!
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome onboard Palancar! Looking forward to hearing you at the festival! Very Happy
EmeraldAdrift

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kevin and Shane:

Adamon and I have been getting together for weekly jam sessions since the new year began, and we've been having a blast, finding our own hybrid sound, different from what either of us are doing on our own.

So if you end up with enough open slots on the schedule, he and I would also be interested in performing a set as a duo, in addition to our solo sets. We realize that time may be scarce, though, so just let us know what you think of the idea.

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EmeraldAdrift wrote:
Kevin and Shane:

Adamon and I have been getting together for weekly jam sessions since the new year began, and we've been having a blast, finding our own hybrid sound, different from what either of us are doing on our own.

So if you end up with enough open slots on the schedule, he and I would also be interested in performing a set as a duo, in addition to our solo sets. We realize that time may be scarce, though, so just let us know what you think of the idea.

David
Sorry for the long delay. Yes that sounds cool. We are expanded to 3 days now, so shouldn't be a problem.

What is the stage name/website ?

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shanemorris wrote:
We are expanded to 3 days now

what are the dates now Shane?

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:

what are the dates now Shane?

July 23, 24, and 25 Fri - Sun

mrspiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shanemorris wrote:
mmetlay wrote:
Two days in Kansas City, huh?

Hmmmmmmm.....

Any room left on the roster?

Hey Mike!

Plenty of room available... please join in! It would be great to have you there Mike.

I'm making it official. Sign me up (artist name = Metlay!) for a solo set at least, although if DK and Darrell are there I might try to browbeat them into a trio set to try and recapture the magic we made last April. Mr. Green

prime mover, atomic city / mindSpiral
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to the festival Mike!

Wonderful to have you on board!

mrspiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shanemorris wrote:
welcome to the festival Mike!

Wonderful to have you on board!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time, Shane. You can add Boulder, CO to my name on the first page if that helps. I look all naked being all out there on my own with no place after me.

kkissinger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! What an incredible lineup of electro-musicians! Look forward to an awesome festival here in Kansas City.
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At this point... Sign up is closed. If you are interested in playing, please respond to this thread (or pm shane) about getting on the alternate list. Thanks!

mrspiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: List full now. Is it OVERfull? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shane,

When you have a moment, can you let us know whether the planned list of sets is TOO large? I'm more interested in meeting and playing with other people at the event than in doing a solo set -- hell, I've got nothing to prove at this point. Mr. Green

I would be amenable to shortening or even giving up my set if that eased things for you, and would happily just play with others and/or help out here and there where needed.

Let me know! And if anyone out there is contemplating a set where an extra pair of hands, clumsy but willing, might be handy, please say so and we can discuss possibilities.

Thanks and I really look forward to meeting and working with everyone.

mike

kkissinger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We expanded the festival to include Sunday, too. The reason we closed applications is so that we can accommodate everyone who has graciously offered to participate in the festival.

Besides performances, we have some other needs:

1) A video coordinator. We need someone to coordinate lighting and video. This will be challenging because the clubhouse has skylights and it really doesn't get dark until around 9pm in July.

2) Stream announcers. We will stream the festival to radio.electro-music.com and we need some people to monitor the chatroom, the stream, and to fill in time between sets with talk, interviews, or whatever. The stream will likely have as many listeners as we will at the festival -- perhaps more. So a great stream broadcast will contribute much to the community.

3) Seminars, presentations, etc. If you would like to do a presentation just about any topic that pertains to electro-music applies. For example, I'm planning to demonstrate the DecalProFX system for labeling DIY control panels. I may also (if there is interest) demonstrate creating a PCB including design, etching, and drilling. Streaming-friendly presentations are encouraged -- if you have an idea for or would like to moderate a panel discussion that would be welcome.

4) Front table (greeters)

We will likely set up a table at the entrance. I don't expect an onslaught of people however we may attract a few more people from the community than we did last year.

==== Logistics ====

We will be permitted to stay overnight in the clubhouse. You may be more comfortable at one of the nearby motels however the clubhouse is available with the following caveats:

1) you will need your own sleeping bag and/or air mattress to sleep comfortably on the floor.

2) you will need your own towels, wash clothes, etc.

3) A bathroom with shower that is shared between the clubhouse and pool will be open to us outside of pool hours -- from 10pm to 10am approximately.

4) The clubhouse has a bar area with a Microwave, ice-maker, and fridge. Thus you can keep food there.

==== swimming pool ====

Note that the pool is available only for residents during normal pool hours. However, the pool can be reserved for private parties after 9pm. Since the 9pm timeslot falls during evening performance slots I'm not really sure if we can work this.

OK, that's all for the moment. Stay tuned!

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: List full now. Is it OVERfull? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mmetlay wrote:
Shane,
When you have a moment, can you let us know whether the planned list of sets is TOO large?

No its not too large. It's great! We have a couple other performers that are pending. But this is a good size. Everyone will have one hour performance slots. There will likely be time for open jams as well.

mmetlay wrote:

I'm more interested in meeting and playing with other people at the event than in doing a solo set

If you want I can change your sign up to Spiral. I believe we will have enough time for you to do two Spiral sets for one hour each. Let me know if that is what you want to do.

purplebird7

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great to hear that this festival will be repeated. I missed last year, having been out of town. I'll be coming from Nebraska.
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

purplebird7 wrote:
Great to hear that this festival will be repeated. I missed last year, having been out of town. I'll be coming from Nebraska.

Excellent to hear and welcome to the forum! Very Happy

mrspiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: List full now. Is it OVERfull? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shanemorris wrote:

mmetlay wrote:

I'm more interested in meeting and playing with other people at the event than in doing a solo set

If you want I can change your sign up to Spiral. I believe we will have enough time for you to do two Spiral sets for one hour each. Let me know if that is what you want to do.

Well, I don't want to commit Darrell or DK to anything, especially since DK may be doing a solo set and a duet with adamon already. I have to survive my gig later this month at the planetarium first; then I'll have proper time to get in the headspace and figure out what's going on. One possibility is that Darrell and I will do a Labrathisattva set; I know he plans to do a solo hour no matter what, and my initial plan is in that realm myself for simplicity's sake.

I am tempted to leave one of the two sets open for a pickup jam and give it some flippant title like "So You Think You Can Spiral?" or "America's Best mindSpiral Crew" or something like that... but it might be better to give that second hour to someone who has a more firm plan in mind. If I can play it by ear for now, I'd appreciate it. Two hours is very generous, and depending on how things shake out, I might simply decide that the best thing to do is to give one of them up.

mike

kkissinger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a request for a volunteer to coordinate the video presentations for the festival.

While I have expertise with sound systems and software, I don't know beans about video (though I would like to learn).

If you are interested, please post a reply here or PM Shane or me.

One of the more interesting opportunities for video improv will be the 60x60 presentation. 60x60 features sixty works by sixty composers -- each work is one minute long. Since it is entirely recorded work, video will add immensely to the performance.

If you decide to do video, I can arrange access to the recording for you in advance if needed -- perhaps this will be a collaborative effort.

I'm not sure what we need for video -- I don't have any equipment -- no video mixing software, projectors, or any thing like that.

I hope a video expert sees this post and responds to this plea for help! Please

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kkissinger wrote:

I'm not sure what we need for video -- I don't have any equipment -- no video mixing software, projectors, or any thing like that.

I hope a video expert sees this post and responds to this plea for help! Please

Kevin
Burning Artist(s) Sale (Kevin Haller), I believe will be bringing a video projector for his set and for use at the festival. (Please correct me if I am wrong about that Kevin).

Kevin will be playing a conceptual piece inspired by his time growing up along the Missouri River. Very Happy

I think it would be great if we can acquire a second projector as well for double projection madness Twisted Evil .

kkissinger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sounds great... yes, would be nice to have a second projector.

The clubhouse is... well.. pretty bright. We need a non-destructive way to block windows and skylights so that the video will be effective.

Any suggestions? I'll likely have to get approval to block the windows -- I don't think it will be difficult as long as we can assure that no damage will occur.

All help greatly appreciated.

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kkissinger wrote:
That sounds great... yes, would be nice to have a second projector.

The clubhouse is... well.. pretty bright. We need a non-destructive way to block windows and skylights so that the video will be effective.

Any suggestions? I'll likely have to get approval to block the windows -- I don't think it will be difficult as long as we can assure that no damage will occur.

All help greatly appreciated.

heheh...
I was just thinking this stuff would go on after sunset. Rolling Eyes
There is a lot of light in the building for sure. Sounds like it will be a good challenge Wink

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am very happy to announce that we have added Synth Invasion to the festival. Apart from the cool IDM and techno sounds we will hear from Synth Invasion, she will be the first female performer at our Kansas City event.

welcome Aboard Synth Invasion (purplebird7)

Page 3 of 6 [135 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: