electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Composition
Building a composition with multiple cooks in the kitchen
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
nobody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good drums, droffset! You didn't use compression on the audio, did you?
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, it was fun to make. Smile

The source might have been compressed but I think it's pretty clean otherwise. Here's the source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amen_break

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
nobody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, OK. I was kind of hoping for fresh creations from folks on this board rather than samples or loops...
droffset

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately that would require a good microphone and recording setup, which is unavailable to me at this time, so I improvised a drum kit.

Someday I'll finish my DIY drum synth build and replace the samples.

nobody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I almost feel like I should apologise for being unnecessarily picky. Embarassed
droffset

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, don't worry, I'm used to getting direct feedback. Smile

Lately my project has been to get this drum synth thing built up and find ways to 1) perform with them live and 2) have midi controlled triggering. Huge project, taking forever.

Also I own a TR-505, but recording live performance via Audacity was giving me some strange latency problems that made it really confusing to get the tracks lined up properly.

But I've gotten into trackers and chipmusic too, specifically LSDJ and Milkytracker. Milkytracker allows the use of samples so I went around hunting for drum kits. Amen provided a kick drum sound, a snare, and a hihat. A TR-808 supplied a crash. There are grey areas I guess, but I did work hard on matching the tricky tempos and created my own beats for this piece.

EDIT:
So when I offered to replace the samples with home made ones later, I wasn't being sarcastic, lol.

Anyway, it's all for fun and the joy of making music.

nobody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. It is all fun!

Right, so we're ready for more parts. Who wants to go next? I can post the mix we have thus far if needed.
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry im late, here's the juno synth piece that was in the mix previous to the drums as a wav file .
cooked portion is a few days old now but still plenty time before the 'best before' date expires Very Happy he he.

Dave

edit 2011 , deleted file for wav. bassline , i have it here at home backed up.
Dave (spring cleaning) Smile

Last edited by Skrog Productions on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
droffset

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good to have a mix and see what we might be missing.

nobody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll get one together next week - hopefully early in the week. We have to go up to my GF's parents' this weekend to watch the animals while they're away.
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"We have to go up to my GF's parents' this weekend to watch the animals while they're away."

is it a Bear / Rattler / Cougar or a more domestic Cat / Dog / Goldfish arrangment ???? Smile
nobody

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's one lovably cute, but large, spoiled and rambunctious English Setter who doesn't know the meaning of words like "off", "no" and "leave it". Also, one old indoor/outdoor cat. Plus us two humans - the biggest animals of all. Razz
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Composition
Jump to: