electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Nord Stage EX HELP!
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
SixthandRain

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Nord Stage EX HELP!
Subject description: Help
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am a new user of Nord. I just recently purchased a Stage EX 76. I am extremely happy with the keyboard, but don't really know my way around it. I am definitely new to the technology.

My main problem with endless trials is...

I don't know how to program the sounds I want with each other for quick accessibility for live performances.

For example:

I want a stage grand piano, but I want to switch to an organ mid song... How the heck do I get those two where all I need to do is just press a button to activate the organ, and press the another to get back to the piano.

I know this sounds completely amateurish, but like I said... I'm new to this stuff.

If anyone is able to help me with patience... I would greatly appreciate it!
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:welecome: SixthandRain

I moved you question to the Nord Stage forum.

Wout
Pabl

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there! Congrats on your purchase.

You have many ways to reach what you need.

You can use the buttons panelA and panelB, you just have to assign a piano in panelA and an organ on panelB and simply switch from one to the other pressing the buttons.

You can also store a piano sound in, let's say, program 1.1, and an organ sound on program 1.2. Just pressing button 1 or button 2 will let you jump from one to another.

If you don't want to use your hands, you can use a control pedal. Programming the volume of a piano layer and an organ layer. Pedal up takes piano volume up and organ volume down, pedal down does the opposite.

SixthandRain

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you so much for replying and helping.

Now... I tried to put the sounds in the Program 1.1 and 1.2 spot.

I went to the sound I wanted and pressed Store and the number of the slot I wanted it in... after that I got a "Memory is protected" message.

First of all... did I do that right?

Is there any way you can run by me how to set the sounds in Program 1.1 and 1.2?

And if you wouldn't mind... How would I set the Panels if I decided to take that route.

I know I'm asking for a lot, but if you have an answer I will be much obliged. I'm also going to check out your myspace. Thanks for that!
Pabl

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, you did it right, but you can't store the patches because the memory of the Stage is protected. You have to set that off. So go to system menu (press shift + button1) and navigate the menu to set memory protection to off.

To set the panels: Take a preset. Make sure panel A is lit up, and panel B is not. Make sure piano section is on (if it isn't, press the button under piano volume knob). Select the piano sound you like the best (with buttons info and dynamics). Then make sure organ and synth sections are disabled (if they aren't, press the button under their volume knobs)
Once panel A is set for piano only, switch to panelB. Repeat the procedure leaving the organ section lit up. Then store the sound where you desire.
You have then set a patch with a piano on panelA and an organ on panelB.

As you see, this keyboard is very easy-editing, you have almost all the parameters controlled by the buttons on the front panel.

If you wished to go further and layer sounds, you can set up to 3 layers in each panel. And you can make panels sound together (press buttons at the same time) or sepparate, just as I explained before.

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Jump to: