electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Nord keycaps
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
danox574

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Nord keycaps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! I recently purchased a Nord C2, and like the organ section on the stage, it has grey and black buttons for the drawbars. The grey buttons represent the fundamental tone and the three octaves above it.

Unfortunately, on my great manual drawbars, the colored keycaps are in the wrong place. They mixed up the colors. Everything works great, but it's visually very annoying to me. I am sometimes reaching for the wrong stop.

If anyone has done maintenance on a modern Nord (they all seem to have the same buttons), I'm wondering if the keycaps simply pop off? They seem to be very tight and go some distance into the panel, and I can't see a way to reliably pry them away without risking damage. Disassembly of a brand new keyboard is not very exciting to me.

If anyone knows if there is a trick to easy removal, I'd appreciate it so I can rearrange them to the appropriate locations.

Thanks!
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Nord keycaps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome danox574
he wrote:
Hello! I recently purchased a Nord C2, and like the organ section on the stage, it has grey and black buttons for the drawbars. The grey buttons represent the fundamental tone and the three octaves above it.

Unfortunately, on my great manual drawbars, the colored keycaps are in the wrong place. They mixed up the colors. Everything works great, but it's visually very annoying to me. I am sometimes reaching for the wrong stop.
Are they different from the picture at http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Products&clpm=Nord_C2_Organ&clncm=Information ?
I should ask for a change in models rather than doing myself.
Quote:
If anyone has done maintenance on a modern Nord (they all seem to have the same buttons), I'm wondering if the keycaps simply pop off? They seem to be very tight and go some distance into the panel, and I can't see a way to reliably pry them away without risking damage. Disassembly of a brand new keyboard is not very exciting to me. If anyone knows if there is a trick to easy removal, I'd appreciate it so I can rearrange them to the appropriate locations.
It's possible. You have to open the red hood and unscrew the Panel board. The buttons are on that. With some tweezers they can be removed and changed places.
I would ask the shop or service station to do it...

Wout
danox574

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Nord keycaps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
welcome danox574

Are they different from the picture at http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Products&clpm=Nord_C2_Organ&clncm=Information ?

Yes (of course, they wouldn't be wrong if they were as the factory intended to install them), on the Great manual only they mixed up the 2nd and 3rd over the fundamental colors.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Wout Blommers wrote:

It's possible. You have to open the red hood and unscrew the Panel board. The buttons are on that. With some tweezers they can be removed and changed places.
I would ask the shop or service station to do it...

Wout

Understood, where I live it would require shipping to get the instrument to someone who can do it, so I'm looking at heavy shipping two ways and a lot of expense.

The PCB with the controls is attached to the hood, from what I can see and you seem to confirm it above. Is that board then attached with a ribbon cable or tension fitting to the rest of the electronics?
danox574

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've disassembled and corrected it. There is a support bracket on the top panel on the C2, one screw needed to be removed from the center of the bottom panel to allow it to come loose. The connection to it is a locking ribbon cable. It's an amazing piece of hardware, very high quality throughout!

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Jump to: