electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Global Assign Pages for G2 Engine
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
digital19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Global Assign Pages for G2 Engine Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi.

I have the G2 engine and a Novation Remote 25 that I use to control it.

I was curious if the 8 knobs on the G2 Keyboard version transmit midi CC numbers, so that by setting up my Novation to those numbers I could access the various pages in different patches.

Currently I've just been using midi learn for the various parameters I want to control, but if there was a way to set up the Novation so it was more like the real keyboard I'd love to do that.
Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Assign Pages for G2 Engine Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

digital19 wrote:
Hi.
I was curious if the 8 knobs on the G2 Keyboard version transmit midi CC numbers, so that by setting up my Novation to those numbers I could access the various pages in different patches.

No, the knobs themselves don't send midi, midi cc#s must be assigned to module knobs on the modules in the patch. Then, when these module knobs are assigned to frontpanel knobs they do send midi. The advantage is that the (limited) amount of cc#s can be used for only what they are needed to do, no dummy cc# pre-assignments to frontpanel knobs that are not assigned to anything else.

The only way to pre-assign all the panel knobs to midi controllers would be to use banks of fixed "non-registered parameter numbers". Personally I would like to have this, especially for the Engine.
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have run into a similar situation (I use the Nord G2 keyboard version to control Reaktor), so I have to build MIDI CC# sends in the Nord AND recieves in Reaktor....doing this manually might seem tedious, but it is a good thing since it provides ultimate flexibility between the nord and any other gear.
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's an "auto-assign" feature in the nord editor to give every controller a CC assignment...no manual in front of me now, but there is a way! Doesn't help with reaktor, but it might save time for some.
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G2 Manual wrote:
Auto Assign MIDI Controllers
It's possible to automatically assign MIDI controllers to all parameters of selected modules. Select the modules you want to assign MIDI controllers to, select Auto Assign MIDI Controllers. Now, all parameters of the selected modules will be automatically assigned to MIDI controller numbers.

Just select some modules, go to Tools Menu : Assign MIDI to Selection. Does the trick pretty nicely, starting with the lowest MIDI CC#'s and assigning upward, skipping pre-designated #'s (such as sustain pedal, pan, or ones you already assigned).
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: