electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Nord Piano 88 issues
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Cee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Nord Piano 88 issues Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

My NP88 shipped yesterday from Thomann.de without a power cable in the box, no USB cable, no DVD-ROM and no User Manual. Good thing they put the Pedal in there.

So anyways, I find a power cable (since they're all universal) and plugged it in. Absolutely LOVED the piano. The keys feel excellent (I'm a pianist not a keyboardist), the dynamic range is amazing and the sounds are top notch.

After 10-15 minutes of playing and fiddling with the sounds and the Nord Sound Manager, an E flat key, right above middle C broke down. It wouldn't come back up and it was dead for sound. I could not believe what I saw: A 2,000 euro instrument broke in 15 minutes of playing.

An instrument that was made for gigging and "on the road" life and all that jazz. My previous keyboard was this 6 year-old Casio Privia PX-100 and even though people do say I've got a heavy touch on my hands, I did not manage to break any of its (crappy plastic) keys in all that time.

So I'm thinking factory faulty key. I sent the piano back to Thomann for a replacement but my whole plans are now pretty much ruined. The moment I spent my money and got the delivery date, of course, I started making plans...

Now it's going to take pretty much two weeks to get a new NP88.

Problem is if this second NP88 is going to break or something I'm going to lose it. If I can't have the NP88 there's no other electronic stage piano that appeals me right now.

Has anyone had problems with their keyboards or anything like that with missing cables in the box or any other issues with their instruments?

Cheers!
ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Nord Piano 88 issues Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cee wrote:
My NP88 shipped yesterday from Thomann.de without a power cable in the box, no USB cable, no DVD-ROM and no User Manual. Good thing they put the Pedal in there.

After 10-15 minutes of playing and fiddling with the sounds and the Nord Sound Manager, an E flat key, right above middle C broke down. It wouldn't come back up and it was dead for sound. I could not believe what I saw: A 2,000 euro instrument broke in 15 minutes of playing.

It is much harder for me to believe that Nord shipped an instrument to Thomann without a USB cable or manual than it is for me to believe that Thomann had earlier sold the instrument to someone else who returned it because a key had broken, so they did a quick fix and sent it out again.

The good news is that on most electronic equipment, stuff that's going to break at all breaks pretty quickly. If it lasts a month, it will last years.
Cee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that's lame if Thomann shipped me an instrument that's not brand-new (or hasn't been checked thoroughly).

It could also be because somebody who returned the piano with the 30 day-money-back thing didn't specify that the key was broken...

I talked to them on the phone today and I told them I don't want a day-one refurbished piano, I want a brand new one. They said they'll send me a new one.

Here's hoping this one will be okay! Smile

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Jump to: