electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Tim Escobedo's PWM Thru Lunetta
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Tim Escobedo's PWM Thru Lunetta
Subject description: Results of adding mic and guitar input to our creations
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a sample of the pwm module destroying my guitar signal. Feedback is also possible while playing, which adds some variety to the stock lunetta sounds.

The guitar volume knob also affects the tone quite a bit; from lo fi scratches and blips at lower volumes to wilder, blow yer socks off sustain at max. Lots of experimenting to do, but I really like this addition to my machine.

Mic input also creates interesting sonic opportunities. Add a delay or your fave pedals and beat those kids with there loop noise pedals to a pulp. Smile

Electric guitar/no other effects:

electric guitar thru pwm by Draal

And mic sample: mic with mxr phase 90:
pwm mic with phase 90 by Draal

pwm.png
 Description:
I followed the schematic except I took off the volume pot and replaced the .005 cap with a 4.7nf ceramic cap.
 Filesize:  15.43 KB
 Viewed:  5380 Time(s)

pwm.png

Draal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot to add the obvious: Yes, you can use whatever you have running through the PWM as a clock source for some things. I say "some" because I've only skimmed the surface in its capabilities. I have successfully used my mic and guitar as the clock source for the 4040 ic, which outputs have been connected to my 4051 cv gen and it definitely works.

Looking to test its clocking abilities with the melody gen as well as any counter. I expect some things may not clock as expected, causing glitches and what not. But hey, let's get back to the lab....

Update: Here's a guitar track using said instrument as a clock source for the 4040 ic. A few of the outs from the 4040 are going into my r/2r, then my vcf, then my vca, then out to amp. The longer I hold a note down, a longer sequence plays as well as a change in pitch when I change positions on the neck.

I can also change the length of the blips by adjusting my volume knob on the guitar. The goal here isn't to be perfectly in tune or traditional in ANY sense. I'm looking for twists in how we control our lunettas.

Second clip is me whistling into my NOS Turner Chief mic. It is also clocking the 4040 in the same setup. Replace my whistling with any wind intrument and you get the idea.
GuTari2600 by Draal

RobotWhistle by Draal

Psyingo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you smooth out the signal by filtering a bit with a lowpass, to get rid of the unimportant higher harmonics, before the pwm module you can drive other modules more cleanly. its possible to get octave downs from your original signal, or with say a 'melody generator' to derive other ratios instead of octaves, say, 5ths and so on. and the obvious sequencing of patterns like you are doing.. having the guitar pwm'd be an oscillator to drive other functions.

then its possible to get trigger functions as well... trigger an env... GUITAR SYNTH!
Draal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for the tip Smile . Hope to tweak it some time this week.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: