electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Correction: I'm *not* making TR-808 Voice Boards...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 10 [247 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next

How would you like the 808 voices to be arranged?
Two pcbs with six voices each.
28%
 28%  [ 15 ]
Three pcbs with four voices each.
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Individual pcbs with one voice each.
50%
 50%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 52

glacial23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any updates on the current MB-808 batch? I'm looking forward to getting to getting the kit once it ships...
5.333V

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tryd to contact you doug some days ago.

did you get that mail?
Spotta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glacial23 wrote:
Any updates on the current MB-808 batch? I'm looking forward to getting to getting the kit once it ships...

+1

I got all excited in December when you posted (post later removed) that they were nearly ready to ship.

LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotta wrote:
glacial23 wrote:

+1

I got all excited in December when you posted (post later removed) that they were nearly ready to ship.

I think we're all waiting patiently to hear more news on these. Unless they are already out and our interest was disregarded, but I doubt that's the case.
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the bad news is that I'm in the middle of yet another business trip. I fly back home Friday. The good news is that I think the MB-808 PCBs will be there when I get home!

My current plan is to get the current (batch 3) kits shipped, then to build the prototypes of the voice only boards (two boards with six voices each). At that point I'll decide whether batch four is going to be the voice boards or the entire board with sequencer. I'm planning to finalize the stand alone MIDIbox drum sequencer and test it with both my 8080 voice board and Trev's 9090 voice board, so there will be two ways to build an entire 808 clone with sequencer...

Regards,
Doug

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
Spotta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So no idea of a shipping date Doug?

It would also be handy to have the MB808 forum back, I've got so many questions regarding the kit that I'm sure other people share, any chance of resurrecting it Question

Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm certainly hoping that shipping will start before the end of this month. I had a shipping guy working for me, but I must be a bad communicator and we had some problems with things not being packaged properly and delivery times not being met. Looks like I'm back to doing it myself, so here's hoping no more business trips until I get everything done. The other thing that's killing me right now is that the Doubletree Hotel I'm staying in has *the worst* internet connection of any hotel I have *ever* stayed in. EVER. Even the hotel in Idaho Falls had a better connection. I've only been able to get logged in during the middle of the night here. Luckily, I'm in my 50's, so my bladder wakes me up for that. Sigh...

Yes, I'll come up with something for communications, whether it's a forum or a mailing list. I have a good backup of the forum from quite a while ago. I don't know why, but the last several backups were bogus (supposed to be a big text file of SQL statements, but parts look like they're compressed or encrypted, like looking at an executable file with a text editor) and I gave up fighting with trying to get the thing going again. It was a matter of priorities, I needed to get the prototype finished and the final order placed, so I did that instead of working on the forum. I'm also disappointed about the way things turned out with with the MB guys, but I still hope to work something out with them, since it would be nice to keep all the MIDIbox stuff together. There's only so much time and energy, and I don't have enough of either of those to deal with them yet.

Regards,
Doug

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
Spotta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brilliant Doug

I'll keep checking the site Very Happy

cheese_nucleus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooooh! i'm also interested in these boards! will they also be shipped to germany?

florian
Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I'm willing to ship to Germany...

Smile

Blue LEDs are evil.
cheese_nucleus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay! cool! Smile
so, will there be a newsletter list or something, so i will know, when the boards are ready?

Last edited by cheese_nucleus on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll update this thread, so keep watching here at E-M...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
magneticstripper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks!
marcushorndt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is there a chance to get one (whatever option) over here in Germany???
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course!

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
Spotta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 - I'm certainly hoping that shipping will start before the end

of this month.

Any news yet Doug

its been 27 months since sending you my deposit, and with all this talk about shipping i'm itching to get ready for the build.
With no documentation around I've not got a clue what i am going to need, is it correct that as well as your kit I need
1 x MBHP_CORE, stuffed with PIC18F4620
2 x MBHP_DINX4 (only 6 74HC165 shift registers used)
2 x MBHP_DOUTX4 (7 74HC595 shift registers used)
from Mikes and also the contents of the 808 Partlist Mouser v4.10.xls BOM minus the last few rows?

Is any documentation / a forum coming soon?
did you ever get the boards from China you were charged for and expecting in February?

Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The comedy of errors has continued and I have more lame excuses. Sad

I had to fill out the paperwork at the bank to get my payment back. I ordered another set of prototypes from a different board manufacturer. (Trying APC this time...)

You DO NOT need the MIDIbox core, DIN or DOUT modules. They are already built into the MB-808.

I was going to put a new forum online last weekend but the temperature hit 100F so I had to get the swamp coolers going before my family killed me. Then two of the doors in my wife's Odyssey stopped working, so I had to fix them. I got roasted sitting in the back of that thing prying off the inside panel of the tailgate to get to the mechanism. (The problem was the pin that the handle pivots on. It slid out and the handle wouldn't pull far enough to unlatch the door.) My wife also took the Odyssey in to the local Econolube and they wanted to do $1700 of work on it. Turns out I went to the auto parts store and bought a new air intake controller for $135 and that fixed it. (Two bolts and a quick release electrical connection...) It's fun explaining to your wife that you don't want to spend $1700 on her car because you need it for circuit boards that a bunch of people have been waiting for...

I certainly have come to appreciate why it takes people like John Bowen, Paul Schreiber and Cynthia Webster so long to ship things sometimes...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
Dave Kendall

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
. Then two of the doors in my wife's Odyssey stopped working, so I had to fix them.

Must have been a hell of a job - that's one *seriously* modded monsynth........ Wink

cheers,
Dave

Spotta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, i have a fair few problems of my own too...

So do we have a date from APC for the boards to be done, or a shipping estimate?
Once the boards arrive with you is there anything else that needs to be hunted down before the kits ship?

My offer to sort out and host a forum for this project still stands....

Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotta wrote:
So do we have a date from APC for the boards to be done, or a shipping estimate?

They should be here by the end of the week. I had almost ordered their fast turn around service, but they wanted almost $850 US for just two boards! The last service charged me about $450 for five boards. Of course, as luck has it, I'll be on a business trip to Baltimore next week again...

Quote:
Once the boards arrive with you is there anything else that needs to be hunted down before the kits ship?

I checked my list this morning, the other thing I'm waiting for is the replacement batch of 2SC945 transistors. These pcbs are prototypes, just to make sure these guys are making them properly. After I give them the once over, I'll order the main batch, so I'm pretty sure the transistors will be here by the time the big order of boards arrive. Worst case, I'll send a little envelope with the transistors later.

Thanks,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dave Kendall wrote:
Must have been a hell of a job - that's one *seriously* modded monsynth........ Wink

ROFL!!!

Thanks for the humour Dave, I've been needing a bit of that...

Blue LEDs are evil.
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Doug

I know you are super busy, and you prefer email, which i did do a few days (week?) ago, but just want to register interest in an MB808 kit/PCBs if there are any cancellations/spares etc please Smile

Many thanks

Ben
Dougster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK Ben, I put you on the list. Can't promise a particular date, but once I get the pcb fab sorted, things should go a lot faster for the next batch...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
damj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If its possible I would also like some of these voiceboards.
Dougster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Absolutely! Sorry I didn't reply to your PM yet, I'm getting ready for a business trip next week and I have a lot of stuff to get done before I leave...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 10 [247 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: