electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
New Year's Eve 2011-12 Sign Up
Page 4 of 6 [139 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: My "interesting" lead up to the NYE broadcast Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the last month, my RME800 (interface) failed and my Aries Synth's power supply failed.

Well, sent the RME800 to Synthax and will have it back here tomorrow (needed a new power supply and a couple of caps).

The problem on the Aries power supply is that the +15v regulator failed -- not before burning up its corresponding bridge rectifier. Should should have the replacement regulator here by Saturday, though.

Having said that, I just built a new power supply to replace the old one. The old one had a bit of ripple -- after all, it is 35 years old! I've wanted to replace the old power supply for a while and this kind of forces the issue.

Also, back when I built the Aries (in 1976) I didn't know a lot about electronics and just dutifully followed the instructions. Turns out the power switch on the front panel actually switched mains power (115v!). In addition, the power light was powered from 115v. And, there were a couple of spots with exposed solder connections along the mains path! Aries built great stuff but kind of skimped on the on-off switch and associated wiring.

Hopefully will have all of this up and running early next week in plenty of time for NYE.

chupchups

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Swap with Blue Hell / Confirmed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Shane,

I checked with Blue hell, I wil replace him on the play list. here are the details:
- artist name: Egnouf
- Electro Archive avatar: chupchups
- time: 22:00 -> for me 23:00
- URL: http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/egnouf

Thanks!

PS: I will make a connexion test 24 hours before.
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: The Next Phase Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More promo at http://soundscapes.us/bill/#show
Share the wealth - spread the word.

Cheers,

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Swap with Blue Hell / Confirmed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chupchups wrote:
here are the details:
- artist name: Egnouf
- Electro Archive avatar: chupchups
- time: 22:00 -> for me 23:00
- URL: http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/egnouf

Great :-)

I've updated the schedule for it, for port assignments see http://bluehell.electro-music.com/events/nye11-12/ (scroll down a bit).

chupchups

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: password for the 'connect in' Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I see in the playlist my name (cheers!) and next to it, A link to "connect in' // http://www.electro-music.com/~janpunter/manage_public.php //.

I click on it and the system prompt me a login and password. What should I enter?

Cheers Smile
hrastprogrammer

Audio files: 103

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: password for the 'connect in' Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chupchups wrote:
I click on it and the system prompt me a login and password. What should I enter?

public/public

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the promo art that will be on the em radio page during our show.

nye_2012_promo_group.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.14 MB
 Viewed:  1585 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

nye_2012_promo_group.jpg

Ganzha

Audio files: 27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: I am going performs too Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey!
Congratulations!

I am going to perform live at NYE but i missed this event so I would perform via www.livestream.com.ziart if someone would like to visit this please sene me a pm ok?

mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Stream Port Check Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When can I check my stream.
I will be doing my 1/2 hour from the comfort of the Quakertown Comfort Inn.
It will not be possible for me to check my port on NYE.
I can check on Friday just give me a time I'm free all day.
I don't want to screw this up.
m
long live the earth

audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Stream Port Check Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mtvic wrote:
m
long live the earth

I believe you can do a test without needing the stream ops' help at any time. I've already run my test, but will do another one today.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Stream Port Check Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mtvic wrote:

Any time, all ports should be on; as Damien said you can monitor yourself, or go into the chat and ask someone there to do it for you.

I'd like you to test a bit longer than just for a second or so Michael, as you had big problems with dropouts last time.

When normal streaming will not work for you we can try to set up something at a lower speed, but that'll be a bit more involved than the usual connection.

paugui

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 37

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to try to check my streaming later today, but if there is any problem, is it ok to do that only on friday?

My connection is usually not that fast, but it was ok the last two year, so I hope there will be no problem this year Smile
RFBB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are graphics requested for our sets? If so, how do I upload or do I just simply add an attachment?

M.Peck
www.mpeckmusic.blogspot.com
www.reverbnation.com/echotomb
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graphics can be used, yeah, would be most practical to just upload 'm here ... don't make 'm too big, lets say not wider than about 750 pixels.

They'll need to be attached to the port by a radio op, and then will show on the radio page during your set.

If you want any info to be shown there, please post that too.

For people on a shared port that'd be a dynamic process, so please don't make your info too messy ... as the switcher would have to do it just prior to the performance.

RFBB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Jan.

M.Peck
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Stream Port Check Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mtvic wrote:
m
long live the earth

Hi Michael
I just wanted to add that streaming from the Comfort Inn could be different from streaming from your home.

There could be a firewall or bandwidth problems at the hotel.

Even if it's just for a couple minutes, you should try to check from the hotel at some point that day if at all possible.

shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please do your streaming test/sound checks today and tomorrow

Ganzha

Audio files: 27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Please do it! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or I am here with new Mg206c ready to stream!

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Hopefully will have all of this up and running early next week in plenty of time for NYE.

Hey Kevin, how did you make out with all this? Hope you got it all sorted out.

Bill
kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Quote:

Hey Kevin, how did you make out with all this? Hope you got it all sorted out.

Bill

Well, everything is up-and-running. I just finished a streaming test ... kept the stream up for about 45 minutes and there was no glitch!

I replaced the 35-year-old Aries Power Supply (2 Amp) with a new MFOS Power Supply (3 Amp) and cleaned up the power buss (the original wiring was not thick enough and I believe this current-starved some of the modules). I still want to add ferrite beads to all the VCO, LFO, and Clock modules but I will wait until after the broadcast because I don't want to risk having to recalibrate everything at the last minute. The improved power supply buss has all-but-eliminated the problems.

The RME800 is back in the rack and works like new.

I will test again tomorrow -- just for good measure.

patternsintheivy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've sent all morning trying to connect with the help of the guys in chat, but I'm in University accommodation and I think the ports I need are disabled.

I was wondering if someone else with an early slot would be able to do us a huge favour and stream our set? It's pre-recorded and I've mastered it to the right mp3 for the stream. It's about 28mb.
audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patternsintheivy wrote:
I've sent all morning trying to connect with the help of the guys in chat, but I'm in University accommodation and I think the ports I need are disabled.

I was wondering if someone else with an early slot would be able to do us a huge favour and stream our set? It's pre-recorded and I've mastered it to the right mp3 for the stream. It's about 28mb.

What time is your set?

patternsintheivy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audiodef wrote:
patternsintheivy wrote:

What time is your set?

It's at 15:30 on the 31st.
audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patternsintheivy wrote:
audiodef wrote:
patternsintheivy wrote:

What time is your set?

It's at 15:30 on the 31st.

I'll do it. Smile

Let me know where I can grab your file. I have FIOS, so bandwidth is not an issue. I'll do another stream test this afternoon.

I'll be on chat. I have some chores to do this morning and am meeting a friend for lunch, but I'll be around in the afternoon (I'm in the eastern US).

RFBB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soundchecked and ports tested last night - good to go. My 30 minute set is entitled "Dark Mechanics in the Fields Elysian" consisting of 3 movements and falls under a dark(er) ambient - experimental umbrella with heavy elements of sound design and various timbre. I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to hearing as much as I can and wish you all the best in 2012.

NYE2011_b.jpg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.1 KB
 Viewed:  29351 Time(s)

NYE2011_b.jpg.jpg

M.Peck
Page 4 of 6 [139 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next