electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Ensoniq ESQ1 won't power up after purchase! What gives?
Page 2 of 2 [28 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
patrickvf1976

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's basically what I did , but I used a CR123 (I believe), but I couldn't find a holder for it, so I soldered different colored wires directly onto the battery, but that didn't work very even though I verified that the polarity is correct. I wrapped the battery in electrical tape and used some of those little velcro pads to secure the battery in the far corner of the empty space away from the circuit boards.
gonzo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patrickvf1976 wrote:
Damn.. now the parameters on EVERY page fluctuate between different settings (not all at the same time, but the ones I try to change. This seems to happen after some time messing with it, but subsides when turned off for 5 minutes or so. Oh, what fresh hell is this now? Could this happen because of the dead battery? Worn data slider? Power supply issue? I feel tempted to just take the battery out and see how she behaves then. Does the lithium battery have to be the same type/brand or can I use something from Radioshack or Target? I was thinking of soldering the battery on wires, wrap it in electrical tape or use a battery case and hotglue it into the empty area of the casing, so that should the battery ever leak it won't do it all over the circuit boards.. would this be recommendable?

Update: Turned the synth back on again and it's been running fine for about 45 minutes now. Repeatedly changed various settings on different menues without any notable issues. Keeping my fingers crossed..

Update #2: Played around on it for a couple hours, no issues. Turned it off and turned it on when I got back to it. 5 minutes later the selected parameter values start to fluctuate again. Hmmmmm....

Hi all. I don't know if you still have the synth, but I thought I would post this in case it could help someone else. I just register to post this.

I had this fluctuation problem you mention on the parameter being edited. Impossible to select an accurate value using the data slider because of this. Also I have notice that the same flickering thing would also occur as I was sliding up and down the volume slider!!!???

So I open the synth and resolder the 3 solder points of the data slider and those the volume slider (3) and the problem was fixed. Cracked solders I guess created this instability.

Hope this helps.
lostinpurdy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks man I'm gonna look into that. Thinking back it actually makes complete sense. I somehow knew there was an easy fix to it, but now I have another ESQ1 (with a minor issue, of course, see my other post "Strange problem with my Ensoniq ESQ1") I was thinking of selling the first one for parts, but now I could fix it and sell it for more =) more is always better than less.
Page 2 of 2 [28 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: