electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
2012 Kansas City Regional Electro-music festival
Page 1 of 2 [35 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: 2012 Kansas City Regional Electro-music festival
Subject description: official thread
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Calendar Event: July 20, 2012 - July 22, 2012

Hello to all!

The Fourth annual Kansas City electro-music Festival will be July 20th thru July 22nd at Walnut Creek Clubhouse -- 1 1/2 miles west of Parkville, Mo.

Due to other commitments for 2012, Shane Morris will take the year off and hopes to be involved in 2013. Thus, I am sending out this year's request for participants.

Last year we had many people who travelled long distances to attend -- and many had to leave Sunday morning. This year, I plan to keep Sunday morning and afternoon open for collaborations for those who are able to stay on Sunday. Friday and Saturday will focus on your solo sets, workshops, and seminars.

To keep the schedule simple, each set starts on the hour and most people's sets run 45 to 50 minutes to allow about 10 minutes between performers.

The exact start and finish times will be determined.

If you would like to perform and/or give a seminar, presentation, or organize a panel discussion or collaboration, please let me know within the next week if you can attend and let me know if it is a "definite" or a "maybe". Also, please let me know which days you can attend (this will help with planning the scheduling.

Hope to hear from you soon and hope to see you at the festival!

Yours in harmony,

Kevin Kissinger

kkissinger [at] kevinkissinger.com

purplebird7

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Kevin. I was looking for your post at this time of the year.
Sign me on, please, preferably Sat. nite.
Also, since Shane is taking a break, will you put together a mailing list as people sign on? I'll get last year's list.

I've talked to A E J O T Z, and he's from StL and would like to attend. I'll send him a PM. I can help you give all of last year's participants a heads-up via PM, e-mail, or through their websites if you want.

Also, I've asked Howard to replace the 2011 sticky announcement "Call for Participation" with this new post.

Sorry, if I sound bossy. Smile Let's get the word out.
adamon

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, how did I miss this post for so long... count me in as usual! I'll likely be interested in having a diy workshop this year where I go through a build of one of my workshop boards (had planned on this last year but didn't get it all together in time...).

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

EmeraldAdrift

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll once again be back this year, for all three days.

I'd like to perform a solo set (as Emerald Adrift), preferably sometime in the late afternoon or evening of either Friday or Saturday.

And in addition to our solo sets, Damon and I would again like to do a duo set (as Tensor Sensellation). I don't know about Damon's preferences on the scheduling of that set, but, for me, any day and time is fine for for the Tensor set — as long as it's no too early in the morning for my coffee to have kicked in and fueled my brain functions properly. Cool

Looking forward to enjoying my fourth year of KCEM: three beautiful days of great music with great people! Very Happy

mykadamz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Can I play? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kevin and Everyone,
My name Is Michael Adams. I'm a friend and conconspiritor of Chas. R. Goff III and a member of Turkey Makes Me Sleepy and Magic Potty Babies as well as others. I was talking with Charles this week and he mentioned that I might like to make contact with you and see if there was a chance I might get in on this years festival. I make music with my computer as well as being a guitarist, circuit bender and iphone musician. I also experiment with video and love doing multimedia art. Didn't know that there was anything this cool going on around these parts, but I have been wanting to put myself out into the music community and especially make contact with and hopefully collaborate with other like minded people. Some of my more accessible music can be found at Soundcloud.com under the name Michael Adams. Please let me know if i can be a part of the festival! It sounds like a really good time!
kkissinger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Michael -- will be great to have yet another person from Lawrence, Ks!

Please PM me -- thanks.

remst8

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Inviting other artists? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Kevin,

I have connected with some artists outside of this electro-music community and I think they may be a good fit to perform at the Kansas City electro-music Festival. If it's okay with you, I would like to invite them to participate.

Is this forum the only/recommended way for them to get in touch with you, or are there other avenues I can share with them?

Thanks!
Michael Carlson
kkissinger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best way to contact me is on this forum either in this thread or via a PM here at electro-music.com.

In general, it is helpful for prospective participants to learn about the electro-music.community and general "vibe" of the festivals. Participants are highly-encouraged to attend for the entire festival in order to support other participants and to be a part of collaborations and seminars.

remst8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Kevin. That's exactly the kind of guidance I was looking for.

It is my hope that they will want to completely "plug in" to the community and take in the whole festival experience rather than think they're just coming to "play a gig".
kkissinger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

remst8 wrote:
It is my hope that they will want to completely "plug in" to the community and take in the whole festival experience rather than think they're just coming to "play a gig".

Excellent! You and your friends will find the event to be fun and rewarding. Besides performance sets, there are seminars and collaborations. If you or others would like to present a seminar, that is a plus. Past topics have included improvisation, composition, DIY (do-it-yourself) electronics, modular and digital synthesis, lunettas, etc. Last year Charles Shriner led an excellent group discussion about group improvisation.

mrspiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Count me in! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, everyone. After taking last year off, I am finding that the stars may be lining up to allow me the time I need for the drive to and from Colorado, so I have asked Kevin to add me to the roster.

I have no specific plans re: the event, but look forward to seeing a lot of people there and shaking a lot of hands, not to mention making a lot of noise of one sort or another. My experience two years ago was delightful and I am hoping this one will be even better.

While I can make no promises at this early date, anyone who'll be there who is interested in jamming/collaborating should talk to me. I have two possible duet sets in mind but nothing official; I am not all that interested in doing anything solo, but who knows?

I can't wait to meet you all. If you will be at Mountain Skies in Asheville in a couple of weeks, do make a point of introducing yourself!

mike

prime mover, atomic city / mindSpiral
kkissinger

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Current participants list
Subject description: There is still time to participate
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello to all!

This is the list of participants that I have so far. Since I have recieved inquires from about four different sources, this is my attempt to create a master list.

If you contacted me and you are not on the list, please let me know and I will add you (I haven't intentionally left anyone off!)

And, if you want to participate, please let me know by May 31st so that I can put together a final schedule.

The lineup this year looks fantastic and is shaping up to be a very exciting event.

Synth Invasion (Chris Hodges)
Charles Shriner
Scot Solida
David Herpich
Mike Metlay
Kevin Haller (Killer Haven)
John Hoge
Lauri des Marais
Damon Mar
Outerdrive
Michael Adams
Charles Rice Goff III
Kevin Kissinger

Last edited by kkissinger on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
remst8

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome! I can't wait!
kkissinger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

purplebird7 wrote:
Thanks, Kevin. I was looking for your post at this time of the year.
Sign me on, please, preferably Sat. nite.

Hi Chris -- well I am embarrased because I inadvertantly left your name off the list (above). I corrected this and want you to know it was a mistake. Hope you are planning to join us.

Sorry I am a bit behind on getting the schedule together. However I will have a schedule together by the end of the week.

Look forward to seeing everyone in July!

kkissinger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: The schedule is coming together! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello to all!

This year's Kansas City electro-music festival will feature interesting and interactive workshops, collaborations, themed jam sessions, and performances from electro-music.com members. As usual, it will be streamed on-line (thanks to Mike Metlay for handling this).

The schedule is here:

http://www.kevinkissinger.com/kcregionalem2012.shtml

Note that my name appears next to the jam sessions because, at the moment, I am the organizer. However if you are attending and would like to organize a jam session, please let me know asap and I will put it into the schedule.

This year the solo performances end by 10pm: early enough that people will have energy for some late night jam sessions. If you would like to organize a collaboration or jam session, please let me know.

Look forward to a great festival!

adamon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings all! I'm putting a (last minute) poster together for this event, and I need to know any and all performance names that everyone goes by.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wondering if the event will be streamed. It looks like a nice event.
Steve
kkissinger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
Just wondering if the event will be streamed. It looks like a nice event.
Steve

It will be streamed on Stillstream and I will post the url as soon as I have it.

adamon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Official poster is done! Please let me know if you find any typos or mistakes.

Hope you like... =)

EMKC2012_Poster_Rev_2.jpg
 Description:
EMKC2012 poster by adamon
 Filesize:  246.18 KB
 Viewed:  454 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

EMKC2012_Poster_Rev_2.jpg

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kkissinger wrote:
It will be streamed on Stillstream and I will post the url as soon as I have it.
Thanks. Looking foward to attending in absentia.
Steve
mrspiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: KCEM 2012 is ON THE AIR Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi gang. Sorry this took so long.

http://dj.sparrowindustries.net:15988/listen.pls

will get you to a live stream from KCEM 2012, which is just ramping up after some technical delays. Lots of good music to come... we are starting with a Drone Jam that is playing live as we speak.

We will try to adhere to the schedule at kevinkissinger.com as best we can, but things will probably slip here and there.

Still working out where we'll open a chat room. Hope you'll join us if you would like to hear something different this weekend.

mike

mrspiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: KCEM 2012 has Stream and chat now! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are into a Drum Circle style percussion jam now. Hear the stream at

http://dj.sparrowindustries.net:15988

and join us in chat if you can... we don't have a web based chat system, but if you have an IRC program you can find us at

irc.starchat.net

at room #kcem

We hope you'll join us for the festivities.

mike

Ganzha

Audio files: 27

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: streamin Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tanks sound is cool
mrspiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: KCEM 2012 is back on the air! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, gang! We're broadcasting live again, with jams until 430 PM Central time, then solo and group sets starting at 600 PM Central (I think).

http://dj.sparrowindustries.net:15988

We will pop into electro-music.com chat as well, as the separate chat room for KCEM wasn't used by anyone yesterday.

Enjoy!

mike

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for streaming. It sounds good. Excellent audio quality and beautiful music. Regards to all in attendance. Wish I could be there, but the stream is a very nice alternative.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 2 [35 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: