electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » How-tos » Manuals, Instructions, and Documents
Powertran Transcendent 2000
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
bunker

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Powertran Transcendent 2000 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all. I'm looking for the schematics/service manual for a Transcendent 2000 if anyone can help. There used to be a link up to it but it has sadly disappeared. I'm collecting said poorly Powertran tonight, the latest addition to my synth collection. It seems to be the only white Transcendent I've seen but as these were kit synth's thats no real surprise.

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_0380.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  202.59 KB
 Viewed:  911 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  160.84 KB
 Viewed:  831 Time(s)

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.57 KB
 Viewed:  754 Time(s)

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.52 KB
 Viewed:  803 Time(s)

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.88 KB
 Viewed:  783 Time(s)

IMG_0378.JPG

Last edited by bunker on Sun May 12, 2013 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
elgauchoandres

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two months later, if you are still looking for some info about the Powertran Trascendent 2000 you could have the schematics/construction articles in Anders Sponton's C.A.G. http://rubidium.dyndns.org/cag/ and additional info and mods here http://www.cykong.com/Synths/Transcendent2000/Transcendent2000.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bunker

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

12 Months later....and it's still poorly! Is in a very tatty state; the original builder saw fit to construct the front panel out of what looks like a piece of Austin Princess door Embarassed to which he's applied the most 70's of 70's Letraset fonts. Cool Cool Thankfully the PCB is in better shape but the keyboard contacts are shot. Im currently planning to make a new front panel and house it in a new hardwood chassis. Possibly add a sequencer and a few other mods? Ideas welcome!! Very Happy
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got one of these that I built from a kit in the early eighties (no Austin Princesses were harmed in the build). The contacts on mine are also completely shot. I have an idea about replacing them with pairs of tactile switches, which I've used on another synth made from scratch. The upside is that they are cheap and pretty reliable. The downside is that they result in a clicky keyboard, which many people don't like. I'd be interested in how you are going to deal with the contact problems.

I nearly posted the Cykong stuff, until I realised that somone had beaten me to it Embarassed . If I think of any brilliant ideas along the way, I'll let you know. Trouble is, I have 4 partially built synths of various kinds and I need to start finishing them properly Very Happy .

P.S. Have you seen the picture of Bernard Sumner & Martin Hannett with a Transcendent 2000 (on top of an ARP OMNI-2). I think that the latter has stood the test of time better...

Gary

Sumner Hannett Transcendent 2000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.1 KB
 Viewed:  20937 Time(s)

Sumner Hannett Transcendent 2000.jpg

bunker

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Gary, great image! Thanks for posting that! I've added some images at the top of the thread of mine in bits. Check out the letraset and black 'go faster' pinstripes!!

I've seen an interview with Barney where he said he bought the Transcendent as a kit and built it over several weeks following the instructions in an electronics mag. (I'm guessing the same articles that have been posted). More power to his elbow I say!! I'd love an Omni but finances won't allow. Not that I need another string machine....Oh go on then Razz Razz String machines are definitely my GAS achilles heel!
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Bunker - you won't believe it, but I have the Letraset (actually it's not that brand, but...). I didn't use it on the synth though, I had the screen printed panels (thank God). As you say, it would be nice to own the ARP, but my pocket doesn't allow it either.

Oh well...

Gary

Old Letraset.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.31 KB
 Viewed:  719 Time(s)

Old Letraset.jpg

bunker

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a font so redolent of my childhood!

Excellent post sir!!
paulmorison

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Kind contacts where to buy them in the uk Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all. Does anyone know where to buy these for the T2K please?
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos » Manuals, Instructions, and Documents
Jump to: