electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
  host / artist show at your time
today> Modulator ESP Adventures In Sound
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Database problem resolution...
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Database problem resolution... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Earlier today, we had some amazing database errors on the forums. These problems have been fixed, and our database has been recovered. Please let me know if you discover any missing posts or other data. I suspect there is some unrecoverable data loss. I'd like to know about it though.

This particular problem was quite interesting. You may come across posts where members experiencing it - like from the twilight zone...

At one point in time, the forum seemed to jump back in time to mid February. Hundreds of posts disappeared - entire forums were gone. After a few minutes, the server would not respond at all - then come back on the most recent active database. These time shifts happened at irregular intervals, and they we so quick it was very hard to figure out what was happening.

The technical reason for this is pretty complex and has something to do with the globalservers.com infrastructure. They said they found a configuration error remaining from recent maintenance they were performing. Our sever was moved from one box to another. Apparently, the old box started reconnecting to us. Shocked

We can't rest easy; they are doing more maintenance for the next couple of days. Hopefully we won't be impacted with anymore downtime, and maybe they'll finally get our clock problems fixed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And these guys managed to vote for Arnold? Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably not, I think all unreadable ballots go to the popular candidate in the US, that's called democracy, and that's a sort of a comodity that can be traded, or something.

It's quite complex and I'm not sure I understand it, but they want that in Europe as well apparently.

Jan.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, probably a revenge for the Marmite.

http://www.marmite.com/

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Our support staff is in Ogden, Utah. The servers are in San Jose, California, and, of course, our secret server somewhere where the scenery is pretty nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... a pretty wide distribution of the resources. Perhaps we should relocate the lot to Ukraina?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking Crotchtistan myself. Wink
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, that place is supposed to be pretty crowded these days.. havenĀ“t you seen Fox News???

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Perhaps we should relocate the lot to Ukraina?

very reliable country Wink let me know, I could introduce you to someone Cool

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: