electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
NEW to the forum and to the G2.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Toneroll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: NEW to the forum and to the G2. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello , let me tell you how glad i am to find this place!!

after hours of "noodleing" as i think you put it in here, most of my creations on the g2 sound a bit ..........erm.......... poo..

i never really thought to search for a forum but i did and this looks just the ticket...

what i was looking for is some hardish patches/methods
ie. big fat osc synths like a virus , or some squelchy 303 sounds etc

rather that just the good old anoluge pads etc that seem to come with the g2 ....

can anyone give me some tips , or a certain persons patches/building blocks etc..

cheers

cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

Welcome to the forum...

For a demonstration of some really HARD sounds, look no further than Roland Kuit's patches.

Some building blocks you might want to check out are the DIY filters and Rob's warmth tricks. i've found these to achieve a lot more squelchiness and dirt than some of the pre-built filters. patch in some waveshaping and detune the filter cutoffs a bit and/or the mod. amounts to get something really grimy and raw. i'm not afraid to use some EQ, too.

Oh, could you be more specific regarding the sounds you'd like to make? You said squelchy 303 and 'big virus' sounds... is there a particular artist or track you have in mind?

I'm sure once we get some more responses to this thread you'll be on to more hardness and rawness in no time.

Last edited by cebec on Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Toneroll
welcome to electro-music.com Very Happy
Have you checked this one:
arrow http://electro-music.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43 Question

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Toneroll

There are great patches scattered all around. Things are organized better then they were in the old NM archives, but still it's hit or miss. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiom

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi dude,

I heavly suggest you to read Advanced Synthesis Techniques for Modular Synthesizers Smile It covers a wide range of synthesis techniques suitable for almost all synths on the market. Its wrote using G1 as reference, but its information are a gold mine Wink

see ya

grimley

G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just took a look at "Advanced Synthesis Techniques for Modular Synthesizers" myself. There are some very interesting emulations mentioned in there for the G1. Now I know why people were bummed you couldn't load the old patches into the G2. I would love to see some of these ported.
-grimley
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven´t yet checked it on the G2, but my own favourite way to make the G1 go "hard" was ending the patch with a compressor, then turning on the side chain, yet not giving it a side-chain. Tweak the settings a little and for heaven´s sake watch your speakers at the moment you click that button....
Toneroll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cheers for all the replies....

looks like i'm going to have some late nights ahead of me....

i'm going to have to look into that book, i don't really like the idea of using patches all the time, theye are good for starting points or for reverse engineering.... and some are so good you just have to leave them intact.... but i think the whole reason in getting a g2 is to make it your own, i;m sure i won't get any arguments there ..

Smile

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Toneroll wrote:
but i think the whole reason in getting a g2 is to make it your own, i;m sure i won't get any arguments there ..

:)

Probably not, seems a good way to deal with the G2 to me, although you never can be sure here about the argument thingy :-)

Jan.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: