electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Hello from newbie!
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ufokult

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Hello from newbie! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! Just introducing myself here. I've just started synth diy / noise machine hobby. I built a simple synth on breadboard with two cross-modulated 40106 oscillators and a 555 LFO/OSC. Then I found this forum yesterday, and realized this thing is called a 'Lunetta' and there is active community! How great is that!

I've already found this forum really helpful. Some of the threads/articles helped me to better understand what's going on inside these affordable chips. Like I said, I'm complete newbie (I've built couple of kits) and I'm learning by building simple circuits from schematics and modifying them. It's quite humble really, but some day I'll have monster modular, preferably self-made Very Happy

There's no electronics, let alone synth club or any such thing here (I live in middle of Finland, which is practically synonymous to middle of nothing), so my advancements in this hobby rely completely on the internet. So mind me asking silly questions every now and then. There's few things I can return the favor; I know something about wood and making wooden boxes (I'm apprentice carpenter), and quite a bit about CSS, HTML and graphic design in general (I'm also an ex- graphic designer / web designer), so feel free to ask me anything.

I'll end this monologue with a picture of my breadboarded baby Lunetta. See you around Smile !

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome! Hope you find what you need here - and if you have questions I'm sure you will find lots of advice. I can relate to being in the middle of nowhere Smile This forum is a great source of info.

bruce

"I want to make these sounds that go wooo-wooo-ah-woo-woo.”
(Herb Deutsch to Bob Moog ~1963)
trav

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome, ufokult

sounds like we can look forward to seeing some beautiful wooden Lunetta enclosures :)
ufokult

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

trav wrote:
welcome, ufokult

sounds like we can look forward to seeing some beautiful wooden Lunetta enclosures Smile

Yeah, that's the part i can't wait Smile .. I have some leftover mahogany from other projects. Though I have to make something worthy inside first Smile
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Glad to have you on board; extra madmen are always welcome. I still consider myself a noob in this stuff. Not knowing the answer generates the fuel to keep trying.
RingMad

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome aboard, ufokult! There's lots to read and learn in this forum, and interesting circuits to try. I wish I could do carpentry, so my enclosures are painted plastic.

James.
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another welcome ufokult!

The middle of Finland sounds great to me, but I probably have a romantic idea of what it's like to live somewhere so isolated. Aldershot's about 40 miles from London i.e. 40 miles from anything interesting Laughing . Perhaps you could pass on some of your carpentry knowledge - I certainly could do with some help...

This is a great forum for a newbie. I've learned a lot since I joined last year.

Gary
ufokult

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, it's me again. I'd like to let you know about my new blog. I'm gonna write about synth DIY and instrument making in general. First post is introduction to Lunettas along with audio samples of my current build:

http://ovv-instruments.site88.net/?p=40
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,
Welcome ufokult! Smile

That's a really nice start to what could be a great blog.
There's heaps of people here to help get you going.
Don't ever hesitate to ask seemingly silly questions, they are often ones which lead to major breakthroughs in understanding. And remember that we all learn from teaching. Won't be long before you're helping someone else. What goes around, comes around.

Andrew

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: