electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » External Control
MIDIBox SID controller
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Carl Mikael Björk

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: MIDIBox SID controller Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally! I made it... Very Happy

Well this might be a rare combination - don't know how many people own a G2 (key) and has built a MIDIBox SID (www.ucapps.de) without control surface. But this patch is for you!

It's actually a performance since not everything would fit into one slot. Here's a short roundup - please mail me for further information!

* Use in global mode - all synth controls are layed out to the knobs and buttons. In a fairly logic way... Wink

* Slot C has a WT replacement to make it easier to sync to midi clock. This is only accessible from the G2 editor (for now?).

* Slot D has charge over the mod matrix. This wouldn't fit on the global parameter overview, so it has it's own assignment. Access this when global is switched off.

* All midi CCs are updated when changing variations (all those connections ate a lot of memory). I have programmed eight sounds for your listening pleasure.

* There is a simple effects section in slot D if you wish to patch your SID through the G2. Controls are available in parallell to the mod matrix.

Enjoy!

/Mikael

Sid Control.prf2
 Description:
A controller for MIDIBox SID (www.ucapps.de).

Download
 Filename:  Sid Control.prf2
 Filesize:  22.68 KB
 Downloaded:  1396 Time(s)

Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, thanks for the link to the site Very Happy. How does your midibox sid sound?? I'm thinking about building a one with the minimal control surface... it's about now that I start wishing I had a G2 key instead of an engine again Wink
Carl Mikael Björk

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Afrokid,

It sounds like plaing Boulder Dash, International Karate and Impossible Mission from your midi keyboard.

I absolutely recommend you to build it. I was going for the full thing with full control surface and all - and bought the parts. But the parts stayed in a box underneath my desk for more than 6 months. Then I decided to just build one with minimal control (Step A), which I did in about a week. Without any prior experience.

And now the SID has become best friends with the G2 - they both speak midi CC!

Good luck,
Mikael

Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic! I grew up with a C64 so naturally I'm in love with the sound. I'd seen and heard the Sidstation and others like it , but they are prohibitively expensive. When I saw this site I knew I had to have one - so cheap! And the wavetables thing Shocked that really sealed the deal for me.

I'll probably go with Step A as well, but if I'm enthusiastic enough I might go the full control surface, that would be awesome.

Now to finish off my Soundlab synth Laughing
bdu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I'll have to try this with my MIDIbox SID-NUXX... I meant to do one of these after I made one for my MIDI-NES (I should put that up here, actually), but you beat me to it!
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » External Control
Jump to: