electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Want vactrols?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
adnauseam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Want vactrols? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electronics Goldmine has an offer:

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G15396B

I don't work for them. This is a cross forum post I think some might like.

Fun for every one!
bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what I love about electronics goldmine is that they don't ship to the uk ..... Confused
new voodoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes-and I just got a order (50) and of 10 I tested, 10 worked..so just FYI. VERY VERY CHEAP (i think like 3or 5$ for 50) and decent quality.

keep in mind though-THE SALE ENDS SOON (maybe week or 2..not sure)

-oddities & weird
newvoodoo.blogspot.com
-bending DIY/projects
-crap
wackelpeter

Audio files: 10

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who is calculating the prices at Electronic Goldmine?

A bag of 50 vactrols cost 49,50$ (ca.1$ each) and a the single price per vactrol is 0,69$... then i would rather go for 50 of that single vactrols and save some money... Wink

Is anyone from the countries on the shipping list buying some and maybe take 10 more as needed and would ship them over to Germany?
Postage costs shouldn't be much and they can easily send in an padded envelope i guess...

BTW. maybe of interest for german or other european members of this board, i found a site which offers those nice Alpha pots for 0.79 Euro and some really cheap knobs...

they also have spring reverb tanks going from 18 to 30 Euro... Audio transformers for RingMod (think of Ken Stones real ringmodulator) or even digital reverb that's not expensive...

https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/

haven't ordered from them already and hope you're not buying out all the things i wanted... Wink
sneakthief

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wackelpeter: When they go on sale at Electronic Goldmine, they're 50 for $10 USD. That's why this thread was started.

$50 USD for 50 is their non-sale price.

wackelpeter

Audio files: 10

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah okay i see.. thanks for pointing that out... 10$ for 50 is a ridilicous cheap Price...

but still it's a bit beyond my expectations/experiences that they handle 50 pieces for an higher price per item as an single item... normally i would expect the price per item would sink the more you'll take...
but nothing i#m worried about...

1$ is still cheap compared to the prices i've seen so far...
those mentioned tube town seller offers them for 4,50-5 Euro per item...
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unless I'm mistaken, the EG vactrols are not the same kind as the ones that typically go for 4.5/5.0 Euros. The ones I got from EG are tiny little things, and I've been told (though not used them enough to confirm) that they're fairly inconsistent in their actual values and response curves. As opposed to the expensive ones which take up about 3x to 4x the volume and are supposed to be consistently high quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: