electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Synth
Impro patch
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Impro patch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This patch actually stems from the discussion at

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-6206.html

which I don't want to warm up.

This really isn't much of a patch, but I was surprised myself what I came up with after three weeks of musing on how to patch for improvising with non-electric, monophonic instruments without just killing them soundwise. Therefore I decided to avoid any filtering, because that always attracts (and annoys).

So, I'm sending this patch just because it served it's purpose: it blended well with the other instruments, it avoided tonality (mostly), it was extremely flexible, I had fun.

And I'm sending it in because the NM couldn't have done it. What, the patch? No, the controlling. Almost 100 buttons and knobs, just like on a Doepfer Smile

I always started out with Variation 1. You don't hear anything there, because before playing in improvisation it's listening. I then started tweaking the knobs.
Var. 2-8 are just snapshots of what can happen. I made another 20 variations to jump right in when necessary, but mostly I started with zero and turned them knobs.

I say it again: no skillfull patching here. I normally don't post patches because I feel I need to catch up with all those pros who've owned a NM for years and know all the tricks. But maybe that's the wrong attitude, so here we go.

reMI2.pch2
 Description:
A patch for improvising w/o keyboard and filters

Download
 Filename:  reMI2.pch2
 Filesize:  3.53 KB
 Downloaded:  1378 Time(s)

Jason

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I like this one alot.
At first I wasnt sure , but then I started playing with it and yea , this thing is awesome. Wooops... My mistake there is keyboard control there dont know what I was thinking, sorry..... Lots of neat sounds in there. Reminds me of all kinds of things, very spacy! Also as far as posting patches I have yet to do that too, but hey we all got to start somewhere. Keep up the good work! Wink
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I started, after deleting the reverb of course, the patch in the demo software (have the engines disconnected, ready as I am to pack up for em 2005).

It's not too compicated indeed, but tweaking a few knobs on the floater window makes it make nice sounds (although it doesn't really 'work' that way of course, I could taste a bit of the fun though).

Reminds me a bit on a patch Howard used a few years ago for a concert in London (yours has many more controls, Howard's was for Classic NM, as you mentioned already :-).

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm. I like this, but can't seem to get my head around playing it. Improvization patches are a very personal thing. I think not putting in a filter is a very interesting decision. The are somehow trendy sounding, like reverb and delay. If you aren't carefull they can become cliches. Still, I like them and improvisationally, adjusting them is great fun.

Wish I had more time to play with this. Crying or Very sad

Thanks for posting this one. It's great to see someone elses ideas in this area.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, guys, you are really nice.

I forgot to mention that my left hand was alomost always on the master output know, and that adding voices and changing back to mono is very nice here, too.

Playing without Reverb and Mono, Bluehell, that's really pure!

Have lots of fun at the meeting, wish I could be there.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Synth
Jump to: