electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
List of non-trustable Chinese IC sellers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
LeBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:  List of non-trustable Chinese IC sellers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When buying special ICs for your audio project, eBay and AliExpress have the lowest prices.

However some sellers from China and HK are either dishonest, retards or both. All of them speak good Chinglish.

If you see a SSM, CEM or uA726 below $10, chances are that you will never put your hands on it.

Or worse, you can get an empty box or a fake IC. I've really lost my patience.

Below is a list of sellers you should not trust and a key explaining the reason why. My advice is to stay away from them.

You can post replies indicating additional sellers you don't trust. I'll try to keep this list up to date.

Also, read my other post about how not to get a uA726.

STORE NAME (USER NAME) -> REASON

HK UT SOURCE (ming fu) -> 1-6
    GLOBAL SUPER ELECTRONIC MARKET (zejian chen) -> 2
    CAZENOVE ELECTRONICS CO (jiacheng li) -> 3
    HONG KONG AGENT IC STORE (SHENZHEN IC) -> 1
    FU HUA DIAN ZI (YIN IC) -> 3
    LAPTOP CHIPS AND SO ON (SHENZHEN IC) -> 3-5
    HK IC CHIP (LI LI) -> 3-4-5-6
    DOUBLE RIGHTEOUSNESS COMPANY (Xiao chen) -> 1
    CHINA 1111 (jack li) -> 4
    JIANSHENG ELECTRONIC (sheng yang) -> 3
    KINDLY (jill yang) -> 7
    SHAN (Yisha Zhen) -> 3
    EUK ELECTRONIC SUPERMARKET (danli wen) -> 1
    UMEBAY STORE (xiangtao ouyang) -> 1
    KWL'S ELECTRONIC STORE (Ally KWL) -> 6
    MAKERELE STORE (Maker Electric) -> 5
    CREATORELE STORE (Maker Tom) -> 5
    COE (l jack) -> 1
    WELCOME 1 (l jack) -> 1

KEY
1 - Does not ship cheap ICs, offers a refund instead
2 - Uses to ship junk (or an empty box) in place of the real thing
3 - Uses to leave some items behind, or quantity shortage
4 - Some ICs are desoldered pulls (used), specially if in SIP package (M5218, M5207L05, BA6110, etc)
5 - Does not like to issue refunds
6 - Uses to sell fake ICs, specially IR3109, IR3R01, MN3005, uA726, etc
7 - Uses to ship a wrong part

Last edited by LeBon on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although I think it is a great idea to make a list of sellers you shouldn't order
from, I think a list of sellers that can be trusted might be even more useful.
So far I have always avoided buying rare/expensive chips from ebay for
the reasons you have mentioned above, so I can't add anything to that list.

I am rather tempted to order from GLOBAL SUPER ELECTRONIC MARKET
now though, seems like it could be a fun game Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LeBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
I think a list of sellers that can be trusted might be even more useful.

I still want to believe that the list of sellers that can be trusted is larger.
Ayab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good idea thank you, very useful for others.

A shame you can't trust the Double Righteousness Company sounds quite convincing. I ordered a bunch of different IC's from Aliexpress before I knew about potential problems. I have used some and so far they have been ok (I hope) but very usual TL's etc..

Aliexpress has some great prices on some components but it is important to check carefully as occasionally they are actually more expensive than rapid/mouser/bitsbox or the other usual places.

A bit OT: I bought some stuff from Aliexpress advertised as 'Sugru' with a view to making vactrols and it didn't ever dry (even after weeks). Just made a sticky mess. Real Sugru dries in 20mins.

Will look into my Aliexpress orders and post where I have had good and bad experiences. The Sugru seller has disappeared so can't name.
LFLab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All/ most of these sellers are known to have delivered dodgy goods at some point.
I think it is more a matter of knowing what to buy where, since sellers do not have the means to test their goods (like SSM2044 or uA726).
So if you need obsolete and rare actives, buy them from places that could actually have old stock, like in the US, UK or Germany.
So maybe a list with all of the desirable/ rare/ obsolete known fakes is in order? Rather than a list of suppliers, because you can probably buy fine TL074's from a supplier that has supplied faked SSM2040's.
LeBon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ayab wrote:
A shame you can't trust the Double Righteousness Company

Today I received confirmation that he has shipped 6x SSM2044 I bought for $46.62 ($7.77 each), free shipping. Not that cheap, but anyway... let's see what happens next.

He initially sent me this message:

Quote:
This product has quality problem. Could you please apply for cancellation of the order.

And this is the message received from HONG KONG AGENT IC STORE after buying 10x SSM2045 for $5.85 each and 60x LF444 for $0.09 each:

Quote:
The goods quality is bad! To apply for a refund reason, please choose: buyers don't want to buy!

LF444 is not a rare IC, so what's happening? People who won't keep their word are at least dishonest to my eyes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: