electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Böhmat PM1 (Böhm)
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Böhmat PM1 (Böhm)
Subject description: how does it work and what can I do with it ?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone just gave me a Böhmat PM1 which is a 1U box with midi inputs and audio output(s).
I think it can be used as a synth but I haven't really been able to find much information about it.
It does show midi activity when I connect a signal to it but for the rest it is silent. So if anybody
has any experience with it and can provide some more information about it that would be great.

(The person I got it from hasn't used it himself nor does he have any info about it)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The SynthDoctor (Martijn) didn't know, never saw it .. he will ask a friend about it he said, we'll see :-)
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks jan Smile
so far I've only been able to find some old forum posts from people who are as clueless as I am
and ome ebay listings. I did find a pdf which has some info but it doesn't really say anything
about how to use it, only a bit about what it does. (page 3)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I googled too - and found about the same .. that's why I asked Martijn - a co worker who used to do synth repairs in a previous life .. he knows about some old stuff but not really about organs as it turns out.
sneakthief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would try sending it a midi clock and a start signal, then proceed to try notes 1-127 on every midi channel.

Translated from Dutch: "It is a "accompaniment machine". But possibly it can also be used as synth. There are the same Yamaha chips as in the Dynamic 12/24, and that's a true 4-OP FM synth and sounds like a clock (sometimes literally).

But ... those chips (YM2203) are 3-voice FM plus 3-vote SSG. So theoretically, they may only use the SSG piece (before the 80's retro home computer sounds). But I do not really expect that. The 12/24 uses the SSG piece as far as I do not know, except maybe for the "percussion" in organ sounds.

For the moment, he goes on and responds to midi, but because I do not know what he expects in his midi, I'm not far beyond that.

Correction: The 12/24 are used either. There are noises in white noise, for example. They certainly do not come from the FM piece."

http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/showthread.php?t=119440

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd read that forum post (I am actually dutch Wink) and I want to look into the 12/24 since it is similar, so might give me some clues.
I hadn't thought about a midi clock and/or start signal so I'll see if I can figure out how to do that and if that makes any difference.

thanks Smile

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: