electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Voltage Controlled Echo feedback loop mod
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
agustindead

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Voltage Controlled Echo feedback loop mod
Subject description: having trouble inserting send and return for a feedback loop
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! I'm trying to make a feedback loop in the VC echo but I'm having some trouble...

The obvious point to insert the send/return jacks seemed to me where both feedback and dry signal meet (through R4 and R21 respectively). As shown in the schematic attached, I cut the trace there but it's not working at all... Of course it's alright when normalized or self patched, but as soon as I put something in between, no delayed signal comes through (even with something as simple as an active attenuator).

Can someone help me telling me what's wrong? Should I put a resistance in series with the return input or something??

Could I insert the loop somewhere else?

Thanks!

vc echo feedback.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.9 KB
 Viewed:  483 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

vc echo feedback.png

agustindead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was checking the point that I chose for the send/return points and I saw that the signal has an offset and it's pretty attenuated... I'm asuming the later is to not clip the PT2399 or LM13700 inputs...

so... would my send/return connections need amplifying/attenuating? Still not sure about that offset...

Guess those two jacks on the front will remain unconnected Laughing
matinnin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: MFOS ECHO Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HI,
i dont see too many messages about this build. i just completed one last night and plugged it up , and it works fine, but... its way too noisy! a huge amount of hiss , its practically unusable at this point. i'm wondering if anyone is using 15v , i dont see that Ray addressed it on the page for it. might be i need to change some values for 15v or my pt2399 is not right. im going to poke around on it a little .
it works fine but i think the levels are generally way to hot, this may be related to the noise and the voltage difference.

thanks,
micromusic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

I was using mine over the weekend and have the same issue with noise, the echo level pot at over half way starts to inject noise and by full travel its a white noise generator, all the circuit works fine apart from this and all components are to the specified
This noise is present with the PT2399 pulled out of circuit so its not the culprit
I strapped a 220uf capacitor across the output jack to ground and its gets rid of almost all of the noise, but not being an expert I don't know why this works or if its the right thing to do ?
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: