electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com
200 Registered Users.
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: 200 Registered Users. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who is Online

Our users have posted a total of 4179 articles
We have 200 registered users
The newest registered user is RFBB
In total there are 4 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Most users ever online was 27 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:01 am
Registered Users: Cyxeris, RFBB
This data is based on users active over the past five minutes

Congrats!

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyx
I notice that I am not the only one that pay attention to numbers.
Excellent Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Life, the universe, everything is based on numbers.

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyxeris wrote:
Life, the universe, everything is based on numbers.

Cyx

that's music to my ears Very Happy

Quote:
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To overlook numbers, ratios, statistics is to overlook the very fabric of existance, of the Cosmos, or so would, most likely, have said Mr. Pythagoras.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to everyone for making this site a place where people would want to come.

Cyxeris wrote:
To overlook numbers, ratios, statistics is to overlook the very fabric of existence, of the Cosmos, or so would, most likely, have said Mr. Pythagoras.

YES!!!! And music is not different from mathematics, according to Mr. P.

The new string theory is basically a Pythagorean development. If I understand it correctly, if you assume there are 11 dimentions then the universe can be explained by the harmonic series. My guess is we're in a region of minor keys. Laughing Crying or Very sad Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

10 dimensions, 6 of which have "collapsed" to an undiscernable scale, the other 4 (XYZ-Time) are ever expanding. I'd say were in a diminished chord right now. With Karn on bass.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..in Locrian.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

The new string theory is basically a Pythagorean development. If I understand it correctly, if you assume there are 11 dimentions then the universe can be explained by the harmonic series. My guess is we're in a region of minor keys.

Hmm.. you ever considered making crossword puzzles? Very Happy Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyxeris wrote:
...With Karn on bass.

Cyx

Do you mean him?
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Karn is best known for his role in the British art-pop group Japan. He and his bandmates David Sylvian, Richard Barbieri and Steve Jansen were responsible for some of the most interesting and quirky pop of the early '80s. Best-selling albums like Tin Drum and Gentlemen Take Polaroids seamlessly fused Western pop traditions with Eastern influences into an accessible whole. Those records, along with Japan’s penchant for wearing make-up and elaborate outfits, practically defined what became known as the "new romantic movement."

If we are talking about the same guy you HAVE to check the following thread:
Do you remember the eighties?

Quote:
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The same. Smile I am a bass player, and although he wasn't an influence of mine, I like his work. Checking the link now...

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
http://www.remembertheeighties.com/

Entrance not allowed to those under 40 Very Happy

Rats, I'm 25. Can I sneak in and take a peak?

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyxeris wrote:
seraph wrote:
http://www.remembertheeighties.com/

Entrance not allowed to those under 40 Very Happy

Rats, I'm 25. Can I sneak in and take a peak?

Cyx

at your own risk Shocked

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm.. the 80s. I never learned how to handle the mainstream 80s pop without falling over in a coma. In retrospect some of this 80s stuff is pretty naive and cute. One interesting fact is how seriously less professional some of the bulk of the 80s pop was, compared with subversive teen pop monsters like T-Rex. Bolan and the reinvented T-Rex did a couple of monster albums.. like TANX and A Creamed Cage.. which still sounds new and fresh.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked

200 Registered Users.

Those were the days!

That being said, the rest of this old old thread is clearly evidence suggesting were weren´t sane back then either. Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the loss of Cyx was bad...
nostalgia day, isn't it? now that we have 7000 registered users.

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jeremy is still around out there. I hooked up with him in iCat recently. He is busy with some stuff.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: