electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
New - hierarchical forums and database kept unread
Page 2 of 2 [44 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whatever it is, I just backed out the upgrade so we'll see if things get back to normal. I still haven't heard anything from the developer. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Oh, you probably should log out and log in to reset the cookie.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
it looks like I can not see my new posts if I click "View posts since last visit"

very annoying indeed Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh... I guess Carlo "found" that old feature I was telling you about. Yeah... when you figured out how the old cookie system and the way the "old" http://electro-music.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts page worked this soon became the main interface,... sigh... those old golden days ...

The mod removal did evidently not bring back the way http://electro-music.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts used to work.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
The mod removal did evidently not bring back the way http://electro-music.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts used to work.

Yes, I notice that. I don't know why. I have to continue working on it. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah ha, I found the the back out script was defective. It didn't do anything. Crying or Very sad

I just fixed it and things in the http://electro-music.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts area should now really be back to normal. Let me know if it is, please.

Thanks for your patience.

Embarassed
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

I just fixed it and things in the http://electro-music.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts area should now really be back to normal. Let me know if it is, please.

those old golden days ...are back Shocked

Quote:
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The new forum structure is welcomed. I like it. Kudos. Smile

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyx, thanks. Welcome back, hope you had nice holidays.

We need suggestions for the News and Schmooze sub forums. I'm expecting Elektro80 to take a stab at the News.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HEY! IT IS WORKING!!!

Yup, I will take a look at the news section. I am off for work now. Lemme get back to you on this. I guess the News section is one that can be connected, either unmoderated or moderated to the front page..??

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I think moderated is best, but I'm willing to consider the other way.I need to write my own admin system for anything on the front page, so it may take a little time.

I was thinking that the moderator, or NEWS editor, would maintain a list of the NEWS items that would be visible from the front page. There would be a small article box that would show the most recent promoted news topic, and then a page of NEWS. This would work exactly the way the articles work now.

How's that sound?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, the View Posts Since Last Visit is so useful, I put it on most every forum pages, at the upper right.

I'm not happy about the loss of information when the browser or network crashes, but...
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Yes, I think moderated is best, but I'm willing to consider the other way.I need to write my own admin system for anything on the front page, so it may take a little time.

I was thinking that the moderator, or NEWS editor, would maintain a list of the NEWS items that would be visible from the front page. There would be a small article box that would show the most recent promoted news topic, and then a page of NEWS. This would work exactly the way the articles work now.

How's that sound?

Sounds kool, but I have to try to imagine how it will look.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Hey, the View Posts Since Last Visit is so useful, I put it on most every forum pages, at the upper right.

I was just about to ask you if this was possible... Very Happy

mosc wrote:
I'm not happy about the loss of information when the browser or network crashes, but...

Yeah... true.. that is the main argument against this system as it runs now. The alternative would be to make all this happen in the database and and save session states for each user. This is not impossible to do, but this takes some time to develop and I am not sure this is worthwhile. If such a huge projet should be undertaken, I guess the whole forum and the whole site should rewritten using new code. The forum software as it is now is pretty good.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

I love it
it's a great improvement Exclamation

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

what about adding it to the LINKS page too Question
You know, being the self-appointed Links Editor I do not want to be left out in the cold Shocked

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh..... so very true... and it must also be added to the PM/email/profile pages...

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Certainly for the links pages, but first I have to upgrade to the latest version.

This is a bit of work to do for email, PM, and profile. Those are sorta special places and you can always click back to the forum index. I'll look at those but I ain't promissin nuttin.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
what about adding it to the LINKS page too Question

Take a look, it's been done. (I still have to upgrade the links package but this one turned out to be very easy to do).
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Take a look, it's been done. (I still have to upgrade the links package but this one turned out to be very easy to do).

the WOW factor increases steadily
it works and it looks awesome (at last for a geek like me)
thanks Howard Very Happy

Quote:
Page 2 of 2 [44 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: