electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music
 
    Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
How do we organise the artists, and online music?
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
mosc
Site Admin


Joined: Jan 31, 2003
Posts: 17629
Location: Allentown, PA
Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: How do we organise the artists, and online music? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that we have the News forum organized, the question of how to organize the artists, online music, and introduce yourself comes to mind.

I have a suggestion. More like a "straw man" proposal.

1) we keep INTRODUCE YOURSELF. This is good for new artists and non-artists. The idea is just post a single intoductory message there.

2) Expand ONLINE MUSIC to be Artists / Online Music.

3) As artists have more and more stuff in this forum, like Electro80, or Static Probe Emitter, they get a new sub forum just for them. Also, if anyone requests it, we can set a forum for them there too.

This way, Artists / Online Music would be a hybrid with flat topics and sub-forums.

Problem with this is that it's hard to find online music links. Later, after I make a front page tool for managing content there, I could develop a program where members could create their own play lists. These would be links to off-site mp3s. These list might look nice in tabular form. Just and idea.

Any ideas?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin


Joined: Mar 25, 2003
Posts: 21977
Location: Norway
Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go for it! Sounds kool!
_________________
A Charity Pantomime in aid of Paranoid Schizophrenics descended into chaos yesterday when someone shouted, "He's behind you!"

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
seraph
Editor
Editor


Joined: Jun 21, 2003
Posts: 12105
Location: Firenze, Italy
Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: How do we organise the artists, and online music? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

1) we keep INTRODUCE YOURSELF. This is good for new artists and non-artists. The idea is just post a single intoductory message there.

2) Expand ONLINE MUSIC to be Artists / Online Music.

3) As artists have more and more stuff in this forum, like Electro80, or Static Probe Emitter, they get a new sub forum just for them. Also, if anyone requests it, we can set a forum for them there too.

This way, Artists / Online Music would be a hybrid with flat topics and sub-forums.

Problem with this is that it's hard to find online music links. Later, after I make a front page tool for managing content there, I could develop a program where members could create their own play lists. These would be links to off-site mp3s. These list might look nice in tabular form. Just and idea.

Any ideas?

what about an INTRODUCE YOURSELF page (with welcome messages and few other things)
an ARTIST page/forum to discuss whatever the artist deems appropriate linked to a general (not specific) page with all the music available on and off site Question

_________________
homepage - blog - forum - youtube

Quote:
Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex - Frank Zappa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mosc
Site Admin


Joined: Jan 31, 2003
Posts: 17629
Location: Allentown, PA
Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: How do we organise the artists, and online music? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:

what about an INTRODUCE YOURSELF page (with welcome messages and few other things)
an ARTIST page/forum to discuss whatever the artist deems appropriate linked to a general (not specific) page with all the music available on and off site Question


I'm not sure how we would link the artist's forum to a general page. What would the general page have on it?

The links software might be useable as an online music directory. For example, in links we create an ONLINE MUSIC. There you post a link to an mp3 file, or an m3u playlist of several mp3s. There could be a sub-category for each member artist. The description could be used to describe the music, and the ratings could be used for people to quickly express how they like the cut. (I don't know if I care for the judgement part, BTW).

Boy, this can get complicated. What were you thinking, Carlo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor


Joined: Jun 21, 2003
Posts: 12105
Location: Firenze, Italy
Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: How do we organise the artists, and online music? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

I'm not sure how we would link the artist's forum to a general page. What would the general page have on it? What were you thinking, Carlo?

I was thinking of a list of songs selectable by artist, genre, nationality, whatever...
each one of the members is associated to the memberlist (you are #1, I am #71 etc.) my first song could be #71-01, your third song #01-03 etc.
Is it feasible?

_________________
homepage - blog - forum - youtube

Quote:
Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex - Frank Zappa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mosc
Site Admin


Joined: Jan 31, 2003
Posts: 17629
Location: Allentown, PA
Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it is feasible, but it'll take a lot of development, by me. I don't know exactly how to do it now, but I'll give it a lot of thought. In the mean time, I think I'll let the previously mentioned plan percolate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin


Joined: Mar 25, 2003
Posts: 21977
Location: Norway
Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

baby! Percolation! yeah baby!
_________________
A Charity Pantomime in aid of Paranoid Schizophrenics descended into chaos yesterday when someone shouted, "He's behind you!"

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
e-m mkii

Please support our site. If you click through and buy from
our affiliate partners, we earn a small commission.


Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Copyright © 2003 through 2009 by electro-music.com - Conditions Of Use