electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
G2 controlling a real 303
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
monobass

G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: G2 controlling a real 303 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've borrowed a 303 for a few days which has the Kenton Mod that gives CV inputs for Slide, Accent, Filter, Gate and CV.

I'm going to fully control this from the G2 with a Kenton Pro 2000 MKII.

Anyone got any tips or patches for controlling this thing in a way which resembles the internal sequencer? Pitch and gate length are obviously simple. Accents are just a gate I presume... what about programming the slides realistically?

Obviously doing things it *can't* do internally is more interesting, but I'd like to start with a simulation first as its more interesting for it to sound 'normal' and then suddenly do something unexpected Smile

I've looked at the 3Phase patch which is a full simulation... but I figure that controlling the 303 directly will be a lot simpler... and that's an impressive but very complicated patch!

I'd like to share everything which I create.

3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/dfish/303-slide.html

This is the most detail info i found on the net regarding internal timings of the 303...
monobass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aha great stuff, thanks.
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That 3.5:2.5 gate time ratio is difficult with the G2 clock module, trouble is the 96 out does not have a 50:50 duty cycle.

I just patched up something using LFOB and my sinex3 circuit, and it seems to work well.

Using LFOB in ClkSync mode is not ideal but the phase control allows you to move the gate in relation to the master clock which is nice.

I think I'll have another go at a 303 style sequencer.

scope1.png
 Description:
gate high on pos edge of clock 0, low on neg edge of clock 3
 Filesize:  4.18 KB
 Viewed:  10585 Time(s)

scope1.png

monobass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you could just do it at 3.. with a negative edge delay which would have to be set manually... hacky but effective.
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

_ Steve _ wrote:
I guess you could just do it at 3.. with a negative edge delay which would have to be set manually... hacky but effective.

there might be some way of also making the neg edge delay track tempo changes, or maybe there is no need to be that fussy.

Here is a patch just to show the gate circuit (yellow) I mentioned. No implimentation of accent yet.

I wonder if I could tap into all the old rebirth patch files through g2ools?

tbclockB.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tbclockB.pch2
 Filesize:  5.33 KB
 Downloaded:  1644 Time(s)

Rivelen

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found an useful document that describe some of the devil fish and 303 mecanics : http://www.d16.pl/forums.html?menu=10
Look at the manual of this beautiful VST bassline.

I made a G2 interpretation of this , + some tips taken from the "real world interface" site, especially the capacitor in the accent circuit.

I hope it help. Very Happy

sing fish bass2.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  sing fish bass2.pch2
 Filesize:  10.11 KB
 Downloaded:  1440 Time(s)

CatsAndJammer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is resurrecting an extremely old thread, but I was wondering if anyone ever completed a g2 sequencer capable of controlling all aspects of a hardware 303.

The reason I ask is that I just got a TBX-303 from Analogue Solutions and am having trouble figuring out how to program slides and accents on the G2 sequencer I've created for it.

Right now my major problem is that I'm not sure how to trigger overlapping notes to activate the slide function. Is there a way I could use a sequencer to trigger some notes that hold longer than others so that the portamento works?

It seems clear within some patch examples I've seen, but translating those to send note length info to the hardware over midi doesn't seem as obvious, but maybe I'm missing something.

Anyone have any ideas?
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: