electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Full system Sysex Dump from G2?
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
skylab001

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Full system Sysex Dump from G2?
Subject description: possible global mod wheel issues
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just bought a G2X and I noticed that the global mod wheels don't seem to be working properly. They do register a value but it is static, it is not what I have attempted to program and then the values don't actually change the sound at all. I trust the seller of the synth that if anything is wrong he'd fix it so I'm not too worried, and I don't think it's a hardware problem. Most likely a user issue or a software issue are my first thoughts.

So the first thing I'd like to do is backup the entire system, all patches and performances because there are quite a few I want to keep and reinstall the OS(which is 1.4). Is there a way to do a sysex dump that is easy, and if so how? The only thing I can find in the manual is a single patch or performance dump.

the second step to my remedy is to find a patch that utilizes the global mod wheels already so I can rule out user error, even though I find the synth a breeze to use for most things. So if anybody has a patch, can you point me to it.

Any help would be great thanks!

Brian
Oli

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I can't check just st the moment, but I believe you can use the editor software to initiate a backup of at least entire program banks in one operation. I believe these are not stored as sysex, though, rather as files for the editor to operate on. It should so the trick though.
skylab001

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm.....I've thoroughly looked at the software and can't seem to find any way to do this. The closest thing I've found is the save all command, but when I use it, it only saves the patch that is open. I'm guessing I've missed something?
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Full system Sysex Dump from G2?
Subject description: possible global mod wheel issues
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

skylab001 wrote:
I just bought a G2X and I noticed that the global mod wheels don't seem to be working properly. They do register a value but it is static, it is not what I have attempted to program and then the values don't actually change the sound at all. I trust the seller of the synth that if anything is wrong he'd fix it so I'm not too worried, and I don't think it's a hardware problem. Most likely a user issue or a software issue are my first thoughts.

So the first thing I'd like to do is backup the entire system, all patches and performances because there are quite a few I want to keep and reinstall the OS(which is 1.4). Is there a way to do a sysex dump that is easy, and if so how? The only thing I can find in the manual is a single patch or performance dump.

the second step to my remedy is to find a patch that utilizes the global mod wheels already so I can rule out user error, even though I find the synth a breeze to use for most things. So if anybody has a patch, can you point me to it.

Any help would be great thanks!

Brian

The G2 sysex implementation isn't so useful.
You cannot save all banks/patches/performance via sysex.

This should be a basic requirement for all synth Mfgrs to follow.

skylab001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I was able to backup all my patches and performances via bank upload in the software, but I am still unable to get the Global mod wheels to work properly so maybe it isn't a software issue but a hardware one Sad

Has anybody expirienced issues with thier global mod wheels?
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a patch that uses the global wheels for pitch mod rate and depth.
They are assigned via the morph groups.

saw lead.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  saw lead.pch2
 Filesize:  1.43 KB
 Downloaded:  2260 Time(s)

skylab001

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well I tried the patch and my global mod wheels work fine, I guess I just need to figure out how to program them, maybe I need to set them up in software first or something? Thanks for the patch!!!
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: