electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Gary On The Bathroom Floor
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Gary On The Bathroom Floor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My life is shit and piss (© Mark Oliver Everett). I'm obvious not good enough for this forum (although some people treated me well). I'm bowing out as I feel like I'm hated by a lot of people here. I've also had a shitty day with my psychologist - when I left her I felt like killing myself (that's how good a psychologist she is).

I've been too depressed to do much electronics lately anyway, so I'm not contributing anything useful to the forum (and when I try, I invariably get things wrong).

I'm just totally fucked up.
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like you just need a break and come back later.

I have been where you are and even though things seem like they will be shit forever, they never do.

Take it easy mate and you will pull through.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to hear ... just so you know, your being here is appreciated, not just tolerated.

And like you, and Rob, and some, or lots more likely, others here as well - been trough it myself ...

May the sun shine for you a bit again soon.

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Blues 4 Gary Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not so good with words, but I took yours and converted them to music. (text to midi).
so this one is for you and by you Wink

PHOBoS - Blues 4 Gary - my life is shit and piss.mp3
 Description:
Blues 4 Gary

Download
 Filename:  PHOBoS - Blues 4 Gary - my life is shit and piss.mp3
 Filesize:  3.39 MB
 Downloaded:  1186 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
analog_backlash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys - it's great to know that people care, especially if they've been through similar experiences. PHOBoS - brilliant as always. That's now my theme tune!

I just feel that I have to quote one line from my psychologist's report (as it's very relevant to e-m):

...he has joined an internet forum to be able to discuss his "interest" in electronics.

Those inverted commas were hers, not mine. Electronics not worthy of being an interest then? I'm discussing the report with her tomorrow to iron out this point and many glaring factual inaccuracies (not differences in opinion, just lots of "facts"* that she has got completely wrong).

I'll pull through this - I've been through worse Smile

Gary

* These are my inverted commas
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

analog_backlash wrote:
Quote:
...he has joined an internet forum to be able to discuss his "interest" in electronics.

Confused

not just for that "an internet forum" Shocked but erm ... interest without the quotes would have been fine too, no? A therapist resonating a bit with you (r mind) wouldn't hurt ... I once had this girl kiddie therapist .. she was good, interested, and helpful.. then after that I saw a rusty narrow minded .. oh well, never mind ... find something that resonates and which wont make you feel guilty, or sorry, or lonely - life is too short to hang into that stuff .. besides .. that batroom floor is coooold Shocked

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=608791605815265&set=a.566318513395908.143151.566302490064177 - reminded me of a stage i went through ... don't know if its a stage you go through .. but it made a link between some of my neurons.

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hang in there--and please don't kill yourself (or your psychologist--or anyone else). I have seen your posts, but I really don't follow most of the threads--I focus on a few of special interest to me and take what I can learn from the rest. So, I don't know if you have been involved in any heated discussions, or not. (They do happen every-so-often.)

The advice from others in this thread seems good.

Steve
analog_backlash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks MusicMan11712 - I think that my psychologist is safe (as am I currently). I haven't been in any serious disagreement with anyone here, it's just paranoia. If I get no reply, I assume that I've said or done something stupid and I blame myself. I think that what my psychologist is getting at really, is that I should get out more and I know that she's right (as much as it pains me to admit it). BTW she has removed the inverted commas from "interest" on the report now.

I hope that I didn't upset anyone with the tone of my original message - I just felt totally pissed off with life at that moment.

Ohm...

This is what I'm being told to do now, more or less...

Gary
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, I'd better reply then. Very Happy

It's good to get out now and then too. I find that as I'm getting older I care less and less about what people's impressions of me are, and just get on with what I have to do in life. It's quite liberating in fact. Smile

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: